• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

32 Team NFL Draft Chat

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going back to something we briefly talked about before.

I'm curious to know how everyone is going to vote on this one. If you decide you are going to match teams up against each other and decide that way I think we wasted our time in doing an all time draft.

EX... 255 pound Mike Webster against 365 pound Ted Washington... Webster would be destroyed on every play.

However if you simply look at how the teams are put together and judge on the greatness of the players I think that will be a more fair way to judge a team.

Just wanna see what everyone thinks...

Just my opinion...

I like how you singled out one of my picks, even though he's considered one the best C's to ever play the game. I thought this draft was gonna be judged by players accomplishments. Because if you are gonna pick on one of my selections here's another example...Forrest Gregg (6-4 & 249)...lined up across from another one of my picks...Vince Wilfork (6-2 & 325). For this draft we should stick w/ players accomplishments only.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just another reason I love the baseball drafts the most. Numbers translate.

I don't know, I think it's pretty easy. If a guy drafted Mike Webster and another drafted Alex Mack, I'd still give Webster the nod as the better player. Its about how they did at their best against their peers

Also, to something Nos said about not trading Walter for Terrell Davis. If it's a longevity thing, then no. If it's each player on the field at their peeks, then that's a Hell of a lot closer

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me personally, I match them up on the field, but give the players of the past full credit for their abilities, meaning. If a guy like Webster played today, with his work ethic and the supplements available, he'd play at 310 and be a more technical Alex Mack, meaning he would do as well as today's best centers against Wilfork, meaning he'd still need help, but would compete

If we weren't going to match them on the field, we should have established that before the draft, because I'm guessing a lot of guys would draft differently

I didn't say you had to vote the way I do, just wondering how people would...

But... Wouldn't you agree if people are simply matching players up against other players it was a waste of time drafting players from yesteryear?

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how you singled out one of my picks, even though he's considered one the best C's to ever play the game. I thought this draft was gonna be judged by players accomplishments. Because if you are gonna pick on one of my selections here's another example...Forrest Gregg (6-4 & 249)...lined up across from another one of my picks...Vince Wilfork (6-2 & 325). For this draft we should stick w/ players accomplishments only.

I used one of your players to try and make my point, I think Webster is one of the 5 best centers to ever play the game and his size or lack of size against the competition will have no influence on how I vote.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just another reason I love the baseball drafts the most. Numbers translate.

I don't know, I think it's pretty easy. If a guy drafted Mike Webster and another drafted Alex Mack, I'd still give Webster the nod as the better player. Its about how they did at their best against their peers

Also, to something Nos said about not trading Walter for Terrell Davis. If it's a longevity thing, then no. If it's each player on the field at their peeks, then that's a Hell of a lot closer

I agree with the TD vs Sweetness thing. TD was the reason Denver won 2 Super Bowls not Elway! But he still is quite short of reaching the greatness of Payton. But I will give you credit for what TD in the brief time we got to see him which was amazing.

Longevity does have some influence on my way of voting but it's not everything. If it were I wouldn't have drafted Earl Campbell.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say you had to vote the way I do, just wondering how people would...

But... Wouldn't you agree if people are simply matching players up against other players it was a waste of time drafting players from yesteryear?

Yes, I agree, it's about dominance, not just reputation. Megatron is an example. He hasn't had Rices career yet, but he is every bit as dominant against modern guys. On the flip, Jim Brown was the most dominant player against his era of any runner and maybe player ever, and that's how I'd vote him

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used one of your players to try and make my point, I think Webster is one of the 5 best centers to ever play the game and his size or lack of size against the competition will have no influence on how I vote.

Was just giving my opinion on how I hope we vote on the teams after the draft. Because due to the different eras some played in there will match-up mismatches all over the place if we judge the teams any other way than career accomplishments.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hockey is OTC till 4

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll look at both. I will definitely consider the individual greatness of all the players first (compare WR to WR). Then I'll consider the individual matchups.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hockey better not make us wait until 4:00! :gaah:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll wait to see what the decision is but if we are judging this draft in any way other than career accomplishments this draft is flawed. There will be too many modern day mismatches otherwise.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the leave a list or let the Mod pick after half an hour option

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a fan of the time slots.... We'll never get this done if we wait all day... I know I've been against changing rules mid-draft, but I would not oppose a shorter window once you are OTC...

We could be way behind but we had active people this weekend. Since we got so far that's why are mid way through the time slots. It's sucks to have time slots but if we didn't have time slots then we could be waiting all day. If there are better suggestions please let me know.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll wait to see what the decision is but if we are judging this draft in any way other than career accomplishments this draft is flawed. There will be too many modern day mismatches otherwise.

I agree

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn I wish I didn't take Tippett because now I can't take my favorite Pats player of all-time.

Here is a hint #68 FB and only played 1 season

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn I wish I didn't take Tippett because now I can't take my favorite Pats player of all-time.

Here is a hint #68 FB and only played 1 season

Tim Tebow?:noidea:

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm outta guesses. Can you tell me what college he played for?

He didn't go to college just like many Buckeye players :whistle:

Last name Griffin.