• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

3 yr 105 million for Geno

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. He had two games against the Niners and one against KC and averaged 10 points a game against those three.
It's amazing how fast a team can ruin their advantage like they received in the Russell Wilson trade.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha, post deleted because a mod can't handle being called out for his ridiculous whining.

Harold, which 32 QBs are better than Geno Smith right now?
Add in the draft and a few that just retired and it's 52.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing how fast a team can ruin their advantage like they received in the Russell Wilson trade.
Ruin our advantage? LOL... You mean drafting a great LT in Cross and RB Kenneth Walker with Denver's pick's last year? Oh yeah we have their #5 overall in the 1st round and their #37 overall in the 2nd round in this years 2023 draft... A bit premature to say we, "ruin their advantage"... 25 million a year for Geno is not that expensive for a starting QB...

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has a higher ceiling than Carr, but also a lower floor. I'm not surprised to see him offered more per year but with 1 less year in total and/or guaranteed.
No.

Carr and Geno were drafted by trash franchises. Geno got to a semi-decent one and suddenly looked playable. Carr was already playable in a dumpster fire situation and he was looking good in Jon Gruden's offense. It's crazy to look at Geno as anything other than a guy that has had a decent 6-10 game stretch among a career of trash.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ruin our advantage? LOL... You mean drafting a great LT in Cross and RB Kenneth Walker with Denver's pick's last year? Oh yeah we have their #5 overall in the 1st round and their #37 overall in the 2nd round in this years 2023 draft... A bit premature to say we, "ruin their advantage"... 25 million a year for Geno is not that expensive for a starting QB...
That's what I mean. You waste all those elite talents when you pair them with a bum like Geno. They'll build up the team and it will be held back by the most important player.

The Seahawks have dominated the Eagles and now they won't. I love it. It was looking iffy for a minute there with all those extra resources and the potential for a top young QB too.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you will see it's a two year deal. The guaranteed money is the nut.

Only think I would fear is Seattle drafting the Florida QB at 5
I hope it's a smoke screen to get a team to take the bait and trade up to gain a future 1st.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

Carr and Geno were drafted by trash franchises. Geno got to a semi-decent one and suddenly looked playable. Carr was already playable in a dumpster fire situation and he was looking good in Jon Gruden's offense. It's crazy to look at Geno as anything other than a guy that has had a decent 6-10 game stretch among a career of trash.
Agree to disagree. Smith didn't have much quality on the roster to support him in 2022. He still put up a better performance than Carr has done with 8 years of better roster support. I'll go with Pro Football Reference's Approximate Value here. Smith got a 15 rating last year. Carr's highest values were 14 and 13. Carr has been consistently mediocre.

I think most people would take Smith over Carr if they were shooting for the Super Bowl with a mediocre roster. With a championship roster Carr would be the safer bet.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I mean. You waste all those elite talents when you pair them with a bum like Geno. They'll build up the team and it will be held back by the most important player.

The Seahawks have dominated the Eagles and now they won't. I love it. It was looking iffy for a minute there with all those extra resources and the potential for a top young QB too.
You say this as if... they had better options? Its a 3 year contract that is realistically only 2 years unless he outplays it, and someone needs to play QB this year.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Seattle says: "We're still interested in taking a QB at 5 even though we have Geno"

What Seattle is really saying: "We arent interesting in QB at all but hoping everyone will trade ahead of us so we'll get Will Anderson"

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say this as if... they had better options? Its a 3 year contract that is realistically only 2 years unless he outplays it, and someone needs to play QB this year.
They bailed on the rebuild for geno. Geno. Now they'll be too good to get a QB. It's not as if he killed it all year. He was doing nothing baker mayfield and andy dalton weren't doing at the end of the year lol.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They bailed on the rebuild for geno. Geno. Now they'll be too good to get a QB. It's not as if he killed it all year. He was doing nothing baker mayfield and andy dalton weren't doing at the end of the year lol.
Look at their last 4 games of the season... Give me Geno every time if you're going to take these stats into consideration... Plus, 2 of Geno's games were against top 5 defenses over that span...

Baker:
View attachment 322748

Geno:
View attachment 322751

Last edited:

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he persevered and it paid off, while Kap pouted like a bitch and took his ball home and played the race card
Sonny my man, where you been? Keeping @DirtDirtDirt and his accessory felons in the basement? Got to keep those dudes away from the fine vino lest they become winos.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eaglesnut said:

Look at their last 4 games of the season... Give me Geno every time if you're going to take these stats into consideration... Plus, 2 of Geno's games were against top 5 defenses over that span...

Baker:
1678236426735.png

Geno:
1678236491395.png

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wanted to trade up for Stroud but it is what it is. Load up on defensive line, LBs and a center and see what happens. I'd give the Eagles the edge right now but we'll see what it looks like come week 1