• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

3 yr 105 million for Geno

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. He had two games against the Niners and one against KC and averaged 10 points a game against those three.
He was terrible against the rams this last game, and AD didn't even play.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
League is full of mediocre QBs, thing is most make way less than the contract Geno got.
Not anymore. He was slotted with Carr with one less year of commitment. QBs are getting more expensive each year. This is the price. You either quit on the QB or this is the cost.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to see the details. Wouldn’t be surprised if there is an out And he doesn’t see year 3
Yeah I think they’re only really pot committed to the first two years. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Seahawks take a developmental guy after round 2.

Reactions: DJ

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not anymore. He was slotted with Carr with one less year of commitment. QBs are getting more expensive each year. This is the price. You either quit on the QB or this is the cost.

Exactly. It's like people who whine about gas prices. "I'll only buy gas when it's back to $2/gal." OK, well you're never buying gas then.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think they’re only really pot committed to the first two years. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Seahawks take a developmental guy after round 2.
I need to see the contract breakdown, as a rule when new signings are announced they are wildly inflated. Knee jerk reaction from me, but I've been waiting on the news about Geno and the numbers had me going. I got no belief that Geno can come close to repeating 2022 and would prefer letting him walk than overpay for what I expect from him in 2023.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to see the contract breakdown, as a rule when new signings are announced they are wildly inflated. Knee jerk reaction from me, but I've been waiting on the news about Geno and the numbers had me going. I got no belief that Geno can come close to repeating 2022 and would prefer letting him walk than overpay for what I expect from him in 2023.
Very fair especially with a high pick in a QB heavy draft. My point was just that this is the cost these days. Blew my mind. I was looking at Hurts in October and I’m like, maybe the Eagles can do this extension now and get him for 30 mil a year. I was 20 million a year off. These numbers have gotten crazy.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It's an overpay but that's just the way the market for QB is.

He did better than pretty much anyone expected but he still was pretty much a functional starter this past season.

The stats look good but the Seahawks beat exactly one playoff team and that wasn't exactly a juggernaut in the Giants. They weren't in the Chiefs game and in the 3 games against the 9ers I'd say he had one really good half of football.

He also faded at the end of the season and barely squeaked a win in a must win game at home against the Rams who had nothing to play for at that point.

I know I'm being negative but he did have a solid year and he can at least hold things together to buy Seattle time to get a real QB for the future.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has a higher ceiling than Carr, but also a lower floor. I'm not surprised to see him offered more per year but with 1 less year in total and/or guaranteed.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's an overpay but that's just the way the market for QB is.

He did better than pretty much anyone expected but he still was pretty much a functional starter this past season.

The stats look good but the Seahawks beat exactly one playoff team and that wasn't exactly a juggernaut in the Giants. They weren't in the Chiefs game and in the 3 games against the 9ers I'd say he had one really good half of football.

He also faded at the end of the season and barely squeaked a win in a must win game at home against the Rams who had nothing to play for at that point.

I know I'm being negative but he did have a solid year and he can at least hold things together to buy Seattle time to get a real QB for the future.

We also beat the Chargers but it should be also noted that Geno was playing with rookie tackles on each end, rookie rb, and rookie corners. It would be a lot to expect him to go out there a beat playoffs teams or even super bowl winning teams like the Chiefs. The funniest thing in all this is before the season started people where saying the Seahawks should be a top 3 pick of the draft they should have never traded RW this roster is awful, they are tanking but now its like "well he couldnt beat the Chiefs in Arrowhead"

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We also beat the Chargers but it should be also noted that Geno was playing with rookie tackles on each end, rookie rb, and rookie corners. It would be a lot to expect him to go out there a beat playoffs teams or even super bowl winning teams like the Chiefs. The funniest thing in all this is before the season started people where saying the Seahawks should be a top 3 pick of the draft they should have never traded RW this roster is awful, they are tanking but now its like "well he couldnt beat the Chiefs in Arrowhead"
Worth noting that you had an elite rookie corner and a really good rookie RB and you guys beat the Chargers with your defense. That said, I will admit that I didn't factor in your playoff loss against the Niners as the most important game of the season and Seattle at least put up a fight on offense in that game. The baseball fan in me says not to bank on Geno and you guys should've taken advantage of the rookie QB contract but I strongly suspect that the Bears are getting some sort of RG3 type of trade for the #1 pick and I think whoever jumps on that is likely losing out on whatever advantage the QB contract gives.

Best I can tell, Seattle is really feast or famine when it comes to the draft. Ultimately, the more swing at the draft Seattle takes the better

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you will see it's a two year deal. The guaranteed money is the nut.

Only think I would fear is Seattle drafting the Florida QB at 5

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniel Jones likes this

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith's new deal has a base value of $25 million per season with $40 million fully guaranteed at signing, NFL Network Insider Mike Garafolo reported, per a source. Smith will earn $28 million in the first year of the deal and the contract carries a total of $30 million in incentives, per Garafolo.

IF this is correct....great deal for the Seahawks IMO

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. He had two games against the Niners and one against KC and averaged 10 points a game against those three.
Well most of the league didn't average many points against the #1 defense in the NFL in terms of points per game so not really going to dwell on that too much... It's not like he was terrible in either of those games... He definitely didn't play as well against KC but no sure why you're throwing KC in there as a reason why he may not deserve the contract...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well most of the league didn't average many points against the #1 defense in the NFL in terms of points per game so not really going to dwell on that too much... It's not like he was terrible in either of those games... He definitely didn't play as well against KC but no sure why you're throwing KC in there as a reason why he may not deserve the contract...
not his team.... focuses on the negative.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for him. He took the long road but he finally got there.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looks like it's 25 million a year w/ 40 million upon signing... I'm liking this deal even more...

Reactions: DJ