• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(3) Warriors vs (2) Celtics 2021-22 FINALS

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I don’t really understand the financial side in the NBA, so I am totally talking outta my hind quarters here…

I think they WANT to keep Wiggins pretty badly. Now that he has a chip and a few years under Curry, Drey and Iggy, maybe he can step up to be a #1. At least until he hands the reins over to (likely?) JK. Then he transitions to the Iggy role.

I think Porter is all but gone. Looney and Poole are nice keeps, but I question their capability. Looney is good, but is he great? I think his production can be found off the scrap heap (think JaVale McGee…). Poole still has the potential to be a #1 or a #2. He is Curry-lite.

Payton is the real fly in the ointment. He likely WANTS to stay, but he also needs to get paid. He is getting older and hasn’t cashed yet. For his sake, he needs to ignore winning for a while and build his bank account. Probably best for him to just follow the money, and that likely won’t be with the Dubs. Not certain what other teams will see in him, though. Will some team want to pay for a guy who, historically, is basically a glorified G-Leaguer? He looked great in these playoffs, but that is a super SSS. I think the Dubs will be in on him if he is cheep, but once the bidding gets hot, they will tap out.

I don’t think anyone else moves the needle in any way whatsoever (Bjelica, Lee, JTA). Iggy will retire.

No way Wiggins will ever be a #1, but he feels like a must keep player. I love Looney and Payton, but they are role players and can be let go. They both deserve bigger money, and I don't think the Warriors will be able to afford them.

OPJ would be nice to keep if he agrees to MLE. Poole is a must keep, IMO, because he's the only player on the roster other than Curry who can create offense. Plus, and this is a big plus, he's only 22. You could argue that Wiggins is a creator, too, but his career has shown that he's not efficient at doing that.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way Wiggins will ever be a #1, but he feels like a must keep player. I love Looney and Payton, but they are role players and can be let go. They both deserve bigger money, and I don't think the Warriors will be able to afford them.

OPJ would be nice to keep if he agrees to MLE. Poole is a must keep, IMO, because he's the only player on the roster other than Curry who can create offense. Plus, and this is a big plus, he's only 22. You could argue that Wiggins is a creator, too, but his career has shown that he's not efficient at doing that.
I agree, I think Wiggins is a must if he doesn’t have extraordinary demands. GP2 and Looney, I say Bob does them a solid and gives them good false offers so that they can maximize their money elsewhere unless they wanted to stay and take less.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, that's how I'D wanna be remembered...

...ok, I lied...:heh:

Here's something else you'll like you communist. I mean Lakers fan. Wait, is there really much difference?

This Celtics team became the first one in franchise history to lose three straight Finals games.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's something else you'll like you communist. I mean Lakers fan. Wait, is there really much difference?

This Celtics team became the first one in franchise history to lose three straight Finals games.
That can't be right. We were assured by K-2-T that this team doesn't lose back to back games.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always guessed you'd like to be known for giving it up easy and often :thumper:
finger shut up GIF by Cody Simpson

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart man!

That is a terrible look for Charlotte. Who turns down a head coaching gig, if they're not already some established big name?

Wasn't D'Antoni supposed to be the coach there?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a terrible look for Charlotte. Who turns down a head coaching gig, if they're not already some established big name?

Wasn't D'Antoni supposed to be the coach there?

Maybe it's a mess in Charlotte. Or maybe Kerr is thinking of coaching for only a few more years and told Atkinson that he'd have an inside track?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's a mess in Charlotte. Or maybe Kerr is thinking of coaching for only a few more years and told Atkinson that he'd have an inside track?
That's what I mean, bad look for Charlotte (and unprofessional of Atkinson)

But yes that rumor will start, that Kerr plans to leave soon and Atkinson gets the job. A 'few more' years seems high though, kind of short sighted to wait for that long to get a promised head coaching gig.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd bet it's the latter. Can't really think of another reason he'd turn it down...even if it's a mess. It's not like there are a lot of NBA head coaching jobs.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I mean, bad look for Charlotte (and unprofessional of Atkinson)

But yes that rumor will start, that Kerr plans to leave soon and Atkinson gets the job. A 'few more' years seems high though, kind of short sighted to wait for that long to get a promised head coaching gig.

Hasn't Kerr had some health issues fairly recently?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. He keeps messing his back up lifting all those trophies.

Yeah, if he is having back issues, he may want to retire before he ends up with a back like Phil Jacksons.