• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(3) Warriors vs (2) Celtics 2021-22 FINALS

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New England area fans tend to be very fair and level headed...or so I'm told
Al wasn’t ass in Boston. But the biggest issue with Al and Philly fans was created by a shitty front office Adam Silver induced problem. Butler goes to Miami and dumbo gets paired to play with Embiid and Simmons. Cause basketball with 6 guys in the paint is gonna end well.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll bite…

Why?

Anyone who even uses the 'asterisk title' comment is outing themselves as a casual who can be ignored. Very on brand for @AD2022MVP

And yeah I'd be curious where he gets it this time. Sometimes people try that with injuries (2019, 2015...), and of course idiots tried to asterisk the bubble title (2020) but I honestly can't think of what makes 2022 part of this troll.
People have said that about his bubble Lakers so now he is trying to force fit it cause in addition to being a tool he’s trying too hard to be funny and edgy and it failed.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People have said that about his bubble Lakers so now he is trying to force fit it cause in addition to being a tool he’s trying too hard to be funny and edgy and it failed.

That dude can barely put together an almost decent basketball take...trying to be funny and edgy is bound to be a fools errand for him.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That dude can barely put together an almost decent basketball take...trying to be funny and edgy is bound to be a fools errand for him.
I take it personally when people try to troll and they are so bad at it. Do better.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I bet he smokes that evil devil's lettuce that's laced with PCP. That's what those tiny crystals are right?

:thumper:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty sad.

Everything he was touting got definitively proven wrong.

At least have the guts to own it.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, if you had to choose between keeping Looney and Payton, or keeping Poole…

What do you do?

Personally I keep Looney and Payton. Although Kuminga is likely capable of replacing what Payton’s role in a slightly different way.

That's not really the choice though. Payton was a league minimum signing and the Warriors, as a tax team can only give him a small raise from that unless they want to use their TPMLE (same situation as Monk with the Lakers).

IMO, Poole is a lot more important to the future of this franchise than Payton or Looney. They can find other role players to fill those roles for the short term.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not a star right now, but he's 22 and already doing well. He's only going to get physically stronger and his defensive technique should get better. He's already showing excellent offensive skills and he scores at all three levels. I'm sure the Warriors want to keep him long term. I guess we'll see how much they are willing to pay. I think the max for him would be lower than a max for a veteran player.

At least both Wiggins and Poole believe they're going to get the bag. LOL. I hope they're right.

Be careful what you wish for though. Investing in both of them could mean a key vet moving on, maybe Dray or Klay?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be careful what you wish for though. Investing in both of them could mean a key vet moving on, maybe Dray or Klay?
Strictly on the court, Klay and Drey are expendable. But psychically, loosing either will be tough. It will be interesting to see how those stories play out.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strictly on the court, Klay and Drey are expendable. But psychically, loosing either will be tough. It will be interesting to see how those stories play out.
I think many underestimate what Draymond does for this team. He doesn't put up the flashy numbers, but does all the little dirty things behind the scenes that lets them win. He really is a lot of the glue that holds the greats together.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm hoping that the Warriors don't need to pay max money to Klay and Dray when their contracts are up two years from now. Hoping they go the Spurs route where older guys took less to keep the dynasty going.

It's not really a be careful what you wish for scenario, IMO. If it's just Steph, Klay, and Dray, they are not in good position to win, especially since Steph is the only one who is still in his prime. The younger players, especially the ones they've already developed to a good level of play, are absolutely essential, too.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think many underestimate what Draymond does for this team. He doesn't put up the flashy numbers, but does all the little dirty things behind the scenes that lets them win. He really is a lot of the glue that holds the greats together.
Yeah, most NBA fans have a hard time seeing Draymond's value because the scoring number just isn't much. He's not 'expendable' at all. Klay isn't either, but I'd say Draymond is a little more important. Klay will be better next year too. He played very good defense in the Finals so now just needs the shot to come back which it should. He's past his prime but still very important.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping that the Warriors don't need to pay max money to Klay and Dray when their contracts are up two years from now. Hoping they go the Spurs route where older guys took less to keep the dynasty going.

It's not really a be careful what you wish for scenario, IMO. If it's just Steph, Klay, and Dray, they are not in good position to win, especially since Steph is the only one who is still in his prime. The younger players, especially the ones they've already developed to a good level of play, are absolutely essential, too.
Yeah in 2 years I would hope Klay and Dray take reasonable deals to play the last 2 years of Steph's contract (he's signed for 4 years more). Then I could see them all retire as a unit but who knows...

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dray is definitely their emotional leader.
Also, one of the Warriors' key advantages in the Finals was that Steph, Klay, and Dray have been together so long that they seemingly can operate through ESP. It's like they are one person. Sometimes even they mess up and it results in a turnover, but more often than not, they are on the money with their passes and movement.

This chemistry makes up for the less than stellar individual offensive play from Klay and Dray.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Klay's maybe expendable. But Draymond isn't. He's the backbone of the D. His impact for the Warriors goes far beyond his numbers.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, most NBA fans have a hard time seeing Draymond's value because the scoring number just isn't much. He's not 'expendable' at all. Klay isn't either, but I'd say Draymond is a little more important. Klay will be better next year too. He played very good defense in the Finals so now just needs the shot to come back which it should. He's past his prime but still very important.

Yeah, Dray is kinda like a QB, but the NBA doesn't track passing yards. At least assists are like TD's.

And on defense, he is the middle LB calling out the plays, or like the free safety organizing the secondary and giving help where needed.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay's maybe expendable. But Draymond isn't. He's the backbone of the D. His impact for the Warriors goes far beyond his numbers.

Yup, as long as he is being aggressive on offense and he avoids completely terrible shooting percentages, then the Warriors are more than likely winning.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, as long as he is being aggressive on offense and he avoids completely terrible shooting percentages, then the Warriors are more than likely winning.

Draymond fits in perfectly with this Warriors bunch. I know this doesn't happen much anymore. But I'd like to see Steph/Klay/Dray all finish their careers with Golden State.

And after what Steph did in the Finals I now have him as the 2nd best PG of all time. Only behind Magic. I've enjoyed watching his game changing career.