• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(3) Warriors vs (2) Celtics 2021-22 FINALS

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they want to keep Poole (and they should) and we believe Bob Myers, then I think they will sign him to an extension.

Lol

Looney and Payton will also get decent deals. You all can't keep them all. The tax will be insane as they all require long term deals and you clinch repeating for the next 4 years

170 mil will seem like child's play. He isn't about to drop half a bill a year on taxes.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol

Looney and Payton will also get decent deals. You all can't keep them all. The tax will be insane as they all require long term deals and you clinch repeating for the next 4 years

170 mil will seem like child's play. He isn't about to drop half a bill a year on taxes.

Yeah, I'm sure they want to keep Looney and Payton, but I'm pretty sure those two are gone. I'm happy for them. They've earned bigger contracts. Looney is a possibility to keep because they have his Bird rights, but I don't think they'll keep him. No Bird rights for Payton.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm sure they want to keep Looney and Payton, but I'm pretty sure those two are gone. I'm happy for them. They've earned bigger contracts. Looney is a possibility to keep because they have his Bird rights, but I don't think they'll keep him. No Bird rights for Payton.

You have to figure it's going to be just about 4 dollars in tax for each dollar spent.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol

Unfortunately, you can't pay Looney top dollar even though he has done his job well. There are too many who can do what he does for much less then he's going to get. I don't think it will cost much to keep Payton though

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to figure it's going to be just about 4 dollars in tax for each dollar spent.

Ownership seems willing, and the Chase Center is making money. Also, I think the NBA's TV deal is expected to be bigger than before and the cap will rise.

That said, I do expect that they will let some guys go for financial reasons. I think they'll prioritize Poole, though. He is 22 years old and can create offense. Gary Payton II will be 30 years old this December and he does not create offense. Regarding the center position, I don't think the Warriors have much choice but to sign a vet for the minimum and then hope that Wiseman develops. I hope Looney gets a big contract somewhere.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprises me that the Warriors have the highest payroll in NBA history. I would never have guessed that. I would have guessed the Lakers

It's to be expected. Payrolls keep rising and rising and the Warriors are currently one of the top teams and they have veteran stars.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevon Looney, Otto Porter Jr., Gary Payton II, Nemanja Bjelica and Andre Iguodala will all be free agents this offseason,

I'm not concerned with losing Bjelica, Porter or Iguodala. I'd love to keep Payton; he's a great addition to this team and I'd like to keep Looney if it doesn't cost much. He looks to be the backup here next year if Wiseman can get his shit together.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's to be expected. Payrolls keep rising and rising and the Warriors are currently one of the top teams and they have veteran stars.
The only real top tier player is Curry in my opinion but the Lakers have James, Westbrook and Unibrow who I all thought would command huge salaries.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevon Looney, Otto Porter Jr., Gary Payton II, Nemanja Bjelica and Andre Iguodala will all be free agents this offseason,

I'm not concerned with losing Bjelica, Porter or Iguodala. I'd love to keep Payton; he's a great addition to this team and I'd like to keep Looney if it doesn't cost much. He looks to be the backup here next year if Wiseman can get his shit together.

Looney: Gone. Will cost way too much now after that performance.

OPJ: Maybe comes back on MLE, but if wants more money, he's gone.

GP2: Same as Looney.

Bjelica: If they want him, I think the Warriors can keep him for the minimum.

Iguodala: Maybe he'll retire and be a Warriors assistant next year.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looney: Gone. Will cost way too much now after that performance.

OPJ: Maybe comes back on MLE, but if wants more money, he's gone.

GP2: Same as Looney.

Bjelica: If they want him, I think the Warriors can keep him for the minimum.

Iguodala: Maybe he'll retire and be a Warriors assistant next year.
Agreed on Looney. They can't pay him what he will command given that he's slated to be the backup for the Warriors next year. As for GP2, considering he's never played in more than 29 games in any season and has never even managed to average 4 points per game, I don't think he's getting the big pay day some think he will. I think the Warriors could sign him. I hope they do. I think he is my favorite player on the team..

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol

The ownership group views the Dubs as a fun hobby at the moment. They will basically ignore the tax (as they have for much of the last 8 years). There is no reason to believe this mentality will not continue as long as the window is at least cracked open.

Once the window closes, though, I expect them to slash salary.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ownership group views the Dubs as a fun hobby at the moment. They will basically ignore the tax (as they have for much of the last 8 years). There is no reason to believe this mentality will not continue as long as the window is at least cracked open.

Once the window closes, though, I expect them to slash salary.

Their entire revenue was 700 million last year. The 170 in tax had to have greatly cut into any expected profitability. And I get it...you don't own a sports franchise to make money. But again..They're already at a 70 million dollar tax bill before adding a single player for next year. Just Poole and Looney could cost them 125 mil in tax easily. I appreciate wanting to keep the band together but that is well beyond those players worth. This isn't 100 million for Kevin Durant.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their entire revenue was 700 million last year. The 170 in tax had to have greatly cut into any expected profitability. And I get it...you don't own a sports franchise to make money. But again..They're already at a 70 million dollar tax bill before adding a single player for next year. Just Poole and Looney could cost them 125 mil in tax easily. I appreciate wanting to keep the band together but that is well beyond those players worth. This isn't 100 million for Kevin Durant.
It doesn’t make sense to me, the amount they spend. But they have a track record of spending whatever is needed to keep this group together and add what they can. I can’t explain to you exactly how they do it. And I always expect them to be completely handcuffed. But then they add a guy like Wiggins. And they find min or near min players who become significant contributors. Outside of KD, they never lost anyone who they absolutely wanted to keep (Iggy was a calculated “let go”).

End of the day, I trust the moves they will make; the moves will essentially ignore the tax; they will make the right move, whatever it is.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn’t make sense to me, the amount they spend. But they have a track record of spending whatever is needed to keep this group together and add what they can. I can’t explain to you exactly how they do it. And I always expect them to be completely handcuffed. But then they add a guy like Wiggins. And they find min or near min players who become significant contributors. Outside of KD, they never lost anyone who they absolutely wanted to keep (Iggy was a calculated “let go”).

End of the day, I trust the moves they will make; the moves will essentially ignore the tax; they will make the right move, whatever it is.

Maybe Klay and/or Dray will give some discount when their contracts are up in 2 years. I don't think you can rework a deal in the NBA like you can in the NFL, so any financial help from those two will have to wait.

In the meantime, how do you extend Wiggins and Poole? Wiggins is UFA and Poole is a restricted FA after next season. We'll probably find out this offseason what happens because I doubt that either the team or these players want to play chicken. I like the chances of both being extended. I think you let go of others to make this happen. Maybe Porter or Payton come back through the MLE?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Klay and/or Dray will give some discount when their contracts are up in 2 years. I don't think you can rework a deal in the NBA like you can in the NFL, so any financial help from those two will have to wait.

In the meantime, how do you extend Wiggins and Poole? Wiggins is UFA and Poole is a restricted FA after next season. We'll probably find out this offseason what happens because I doubt that either the team or these players want to play chicken. I like the chances of both being extended. I think you let go of others to make this happen. Maybe Porter or Payton come back through the MLE?
Again, I don’t really understand the financial side in the NBA, so I am totally talking outta my hind quarters here…

I think they WANT to keep Wiggins pretty badly. Now that he has a chip and a few years under Curry, Drey and Iggy, maybe he can step up to be a #1. At least until he hands the reins over to (likely?) JK. Then he transitions to the Iggy role.

I think Porter is all but gone. Looney and Poole are nice keeps, but I question their capability. Looney is good, but is he great? I think his production can be found off the scrap heap (think JaVale McGee…). Poole still has the potential to be a #1 or a #2. He is Curry-lite.

Payton is the real fly in the ointment. He likely WANTS to stay, but he also needs to get paid. He is getting older and hasn’t cashed yet. For his sake, he needs to ignore winning for a while and build his bank account. Probably best for him to just follow the money, and that likely won’t be with the Dubs. Not certain what other teams will see in him, though. Will some team want to pay for a guy who, historically, is basically a glorified G-Leaguer? He looked great in these playoffs, but that is a super SSS. I think the Dubs will be in on him if he is cheep, but once the bidding gets hot, they will tap out.

I don’t think anyone else moves the needle in any way whatsoever (Bjelica, Lee, JTA). Iggy will retire.