• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(3) Warriors vs (2) Celtics 2021-22 FINALS

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying that this is what is going on here, but in reading other sites and listening to some talking heads, I think it's hilarious that so many people are complaining about the refs. Going into this series, a lot of people were saying that the Celtics (and East Coast teams in general) are tougher and more physical. But now after a game where the Warriors were more physical than the Celtics, all you hear is that the refs didn't call enough fouls and that the Celtics were victims.

The truth is that there really is no difference in physicality between the Western and Eastern conferences. I always find it funny when people say that. I think I've heard talking heads say that. It's like they are stuck thinking that the Eastern Conference still has Bad Boy Pistons and Riley's Knicks, while the Western Conference is all show time.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't get how the Warriors can get away with this year after year especially in the biggest moments. Do the refs just not care? Why do you think fans are frustrated that Curry is open at times....there is your answer. Not saying it determined last nights' game but I've seen it for years now. Bogut admitted to it. Refs have a blind eye for it.

Players are smart. They'll try to get away with anything that the refs allow. I think Richard Jefferson recently admitted that the Cavs' game plan in the 2016 Finals was to grab Curry off ball as much as possible. And it really did work very well for them. Curry probably doesn't get as many calls as he truly deserves.

And like @msgkings322 is saying, every team is trying to get away with moving screens. If refs start calling it, then the players have to adjust to how it is being called in that particular game.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Helluva game yesterday. Shout to to GP2 on his return, it was much needed.

Need to also give credit where credit is due, Bjelica played very well in his minutes. Half way through the season I was on here calling him unplayable. But he's provided crucial minutes in these playoffs when he's been called upon.

I thought going into game 2 that Kerr's plan would be to let Wiggins one on one try to guard Tatum and live with the results. That way the other players could stay at home against the other players to prevent all those wide open looks. Seems like it was the approach they took.

Now the Warriors goal becomes to get a split in Boston. Last night had to be an incredible boost for morale of the team, especially the way in which it happened. Looking forward to game 3. Should be another good one.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see todays players play in the 80's when the game was a helluva lot more physical.

Refs let a lot of dirty plays go back then, but most players today are physically better than 80s players with some exceptions, so most of these guys would dominate if you put them in a time machine to go back and play in the 80s.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every one of these step back jumpers is a travel in prior generations. I would love to see today's players try to play under 60's/70's rules, lol.

Yup, I've heard others say that before. I think I even heard that a crossover dribble today would be a carrying violation in the earlier NBA, and that's why those very old highlights always show players dribbling straight downward the whole time. However, I do recall seeing videos from the 70's and 80's where some players do crossover dribbles between their legs, so the rules must've changed by then.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it isn’t a point of emphasis and they have probably been instructed to be lenient on these plays.

Yup, if the refs really wanted to call everything, there could possibly be a whistle every 10 seconds, but no one really wants that.

Kawhi_2_Murray

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marcus smart needs to sit out again like he has been doing last few rounds.

He's just not capable of consistently playing in the playoffs, mentally or physically

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's just not capable of consistently playing in the playoffs, mentally or physically
It's a wonder this guy isn't on the Celtics coaching staff. Then again, he is a teenager.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just imagine the possibilities if the Celtics could start five Tatum's. Wonder if he can be cloned in the off season?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just figured it out....

@Kawhi_2_Tatum is the celtics version of @Montalban , minus the blatant racism.
Nah, Monty is an anti-fan. Hates his teams, despises the players, etc. Always predicts doom so he can be right, or 'happy' to be wrong.

This guy is in love with a specific player and is the opposite of Monty, hypes his guys up way beyond reason and always predicts easy victories.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, Monty is an anti-fan. Hates his teams, despises the players, etc. Always predicts doom so he can be right, or 'happy' to be wrong.

This guy is in love with a specific player and is the opposite of Monty, hypes his guys up way beyond reason and always predicts easy victories.
Sides, we all KNOW Monty ain't a racist. He just LOVES Black people...