• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(3) Phoenix Coyotes vs (8) L.A. Kings Western Conf. Finals series thread

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
NHL is still deciding on discipline,if any,should handed out for actions and words of 4 Coyotes after loss. Hanzal,Yandle,Smith,Doan

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
holy shit. 500 bucks for the 300 section at Staples Center!!! Guess my brown ass is staying put here in the islands!

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NHL reviewing Coyotes' slamming of refs - sportsnet.ca

Ive never seen such a poor loser attitude after a playoff loss. but its kinda interesting that the NHL owned team is screaming the loudest on the officiating

exactly.. I like how they word this as well: (Coyotes general manager Don Maloney later said Rozsival’s knee is not structurally damaged but badly bruised.)

dipshit, it wasn't a bruised knee.. initial doctors reports stated it was an upper thigh bruise. I mean, can you bruise your knee without causing considerable ligament damage? (pixburgher? comments?)

No need to suspend or fine I say, let them sulk in their self pity.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NHL reviewing Coyotes' slamming of refs - sportsnet.ca

Ive never seen such a poor loser attitude after a playoff loss. but its kinda interesting that the NHL owned team is screaming the loudest on the officiating

meh ... one of their teammates got his knee damn near ripped apart and 10 seconds later, their season is over ... Id find it hard to mentally supress those emotions too ... not to mention you play in a town that hasnt supported you at all for the past how many years ... all those comments were "seige mentality" on display

/its funny that Shane Doan wanted to clarify that he didnt swear at Dustin Brown ... wanted to keep his NHL record of not swearing intact :nod:

Shane Doan feels sheepish, as he should.

But he wants to make something clear:

"I didn't swear at him. I didn't say anything rude or disrespectful," Doan said of his postgame dust-up with Kings' captain Dustin Brown. "I just wasn't as cordial as I should've been."

Alas, there were two endings to the Western Conference finals. The last was a disgrace. The first was a revelation.

First, the ugly: When the Coyotes' captain and teammate Martin Hanzal turned the ceremonial handshake line into confrontational exchanges with Brown, they breached the NHL's code of honor.

The handshake line is one of the sacred, quirky traditions that make the NHL special. It demands instant sportsmanship regardless of what just transpired. Circumstances don't matter. That's the whole point.

Doan said it wasn't as bad as it looks. He claims Brown wanted to tell his side of the story, which only infuriated Doan even more.

"Brownie wanted to explain himself, and at the moment, I wasn't ready to hear it," Doan said. "I said, 'Not right now. Are you kidding me? Not right now.' That was my expression. That's all I'm saying.

"But at the same time, everyone who has ever played in a playoff game has done the handshake line. Am I arrogant enough to think I'm the only player who felt bad? No. And in that situation, I have to be in better control of my emotions."

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly.. I like how they word this as well: (Coyotes general manager Don Maloney later said Rozsival’s knee is not structurally damaged but badly bruised.)

dipshit, it wasn't a bruised knee.. initial doctors reports stated it was an upper thigh bruise. I mean, can you bruise your knee without causing considerable ligament damage? (pixburgher? comments?)

No need to suspend or fine I say, let them sulk in their self pity.

if youre gonna evaluate their reaction at least be circumspect and think of what they felt "in the moment" ... like i just posted ... their teammate just got carted off ... they didnt know at that moment his knee was only bruised ... and BANG ... 10 seconds later ... season over

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
First, the ugly: When the Coyotes' captain and teammate Martin Hanzal turned the ceremonial handshake line into confrontational exchanges with Brown, they breached the NHL's code of honor.

sounds a little high and mighty.
I've been involved in three or four 'ceremonial handshake' brawls over the years. granted, it was nowhere near professional level of hockey, but it's pretty damned tough to turn a week's worth of venom and hate into a "good luck, buddy" within three minutes. Especially if you feel (rightly or wrongly) that you have just been fucked out of your season.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted to go ahead and congratulate the Kings and their fans for the win and heading to the Stanley Cup Finals. The Kings are playing such great hockey right now, it's incredible.

As to some of the other stuff, I don't post here often enough to get a fair read on most of the posters here, but I will say I find it strange in some of the topics pertaining to the Coyotes franchise in general, how there seems to be so much hatred of the Coyotes. The only thing comparable in a sport I follow much more closely would be the Montreal Expos in baseball. MLB owned them and did eventually move them to Washington DC, but I didn't give a rats ass about them and where they played. I don't recall MLB fans of other teams so vehement in saying the team should be moved from Montreal..... Oh well, I'm going off topic, but my point is there is definitely a perceivable bias that exists towards the Coyotes. Do I think the refs were in on it? No. Was it a badly officiated series? Yes. And as a Kings fan pointed out, there were shoddy calls both ways, whether they "evened" out or not is debatable, but not something I'm going to nitpick about. The Kings played great hockey and if all calls would of went the Coyotes way, I don't think they could of beat them.

So, major congrats Kings and fans. I'll probably be rooting for the Devils simply because Clarkson is the only hockey fan here I chat to with any frequency.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see this posted, just thought I'd post an update - All four Coyotes (Hanzal, Smith, Doan, and Yandle) escaped any further discipline. What a shocker, Colin Campbell takes the easy way out and does nothing.

NHL vice president Colin Campbell told TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun of ESPN.com that while the league was not pleased with the actions of forward Martin Hanzal and goaltender Mike Smith, as well as the comments of defenceman Keith Yandle and forward Shane Doan, he spoke to all four players and chose not to pursue the issue further.

Four Coyotes will not be disciplined for Game 5 actions