• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(3) Phoenix Coyotes vs (8) L.A. Kings Western Conf. Finals series thread

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tumblr_la6pznzz1t1qbfnej_115018033_large.jpg

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Doesn't appear to me there was any intent to hurt him at all, which I don't think anyone is really disputing. I think to do that on purpose would be to intentionally put your own body at risk. That being said, I've seen that called a major and even a suspension many times which I'm not sure I always agree with.

Last edited by a moderator:

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
OK, took a screengrab.... looks like elbow plus knee.
The knee is outside of his shoulder, but not his elbow (which he seems to have led with).
conclusion - fuck Brown. too bad that shithead is going to win a Cup.

attachment.php

Attachments

• SportsHoopla brown knee.jpg
    SportsHoopla brown knee.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 69

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
and lost in all of this is how badly Hanzal floated by his check (Penner) on the GWG.
that was gross.

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
post game shit:

DUSTIN PENNER! I’m so glad he got this goal. I’m happy for him. And it’s good for the Kings that he’s firing on all cylinders.

When asked about Quick, Penner just said, “You mean Vezina Smythe?” Excellent.

I’m pretty sure Terry Murray would have benched Penner after the first period of this game. Sutter did not. That’s a huge difference in their coaching styles.

Only one coach has knocked out the first three seeds in the first three rounds of the playoffs, and he’s done it twice.

Dustin Brown check on Roszival. Sorry, Phoenix, that’s not a knee-on-knee check. Maybe I’ll put together a bunch of youtube clips to demonstrate what a knee-on-knee check is. Brown hit him with his shoulder with his leg driving between Roszival’s legs. Plays like that have been called for penalties, but it’s a judgment call situation. If the ref thinks Brown is sticking out his knee he’ll call it. But tell me how you can knee someone yet hit them with your shoulder first. You can’t.

Note to Phoenix fans: throwing crap on the ice is classless, and it also can cost your team because the ref can call a penalty against the home team.

Oh never mind: YOUR SEASON IS OVER.

Shane Doan: yelling at people in line? You are a fool. A sorry, classless fool.

Two great moments in the line, though. Quick and LaBarbera, and Quick and Smith.

What else? I’m surprised Doughty didn’t get an unsportsmanlike for going Tazmanian on the ref and then on the linesmen.

But he was right.

The penalty on Doughty was holding the stick on whoever that was. Roszival?

The offsides call was a joke. The puck was clearly not even close to clearing the zone.

I was pretty sure the Kings were going to lose this game, once it got to OT. Especially when they didn’t score on the power play in OT (remember last year against San Jose, with the 5 minute powerplay in OT?) and then had to kill a penalty.

But, as with many things this post-season, that’s what the old Kings would have done.

8-0 on the road in the playoffs. Never been done, has it?

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
OK, took a screengrab.... looks like elbow plus knee.
The knee is outside of his shoulder, but not his elbow (which he seems to have led with).
conclusion - fuck Brown. too bad that shithead is going to win a Cup.

attachment.php

I am not sure he got the elbow...It looked like a shoulder and then as a follow through their legs collied but he never went knee on knee

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
If anyone is a bitch it's Mike Smith...never seen someone use their stick as a weapon like that. Poor sportsmanship as he tried to take out Richards legs after the winning goal

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one more thing. these NBC clowns are the worst ever to call these playoff games.. especially Kings games. Bring back Bob Miller & Jim Fox.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone is a bitch it's Mike Smith...never seen someone use their stick as a weapon like that. Poor sportsmanship as he tried to take out Richards legs after the winning goal

You must be new here. Light saber attacks are a growing problem in the NHL. It's not getting a lot of attention b/c Crosby had a head injury and did not have a limb severed by... you know what, I won't go there tonight. I just won't go there.

2emq0pj.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, my opinion of Smith after this series has nose-dived. Ed Belfour has been reborn.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings are tough and present a major challenge to either Rangers or Devils. Either way, it will be one great Stanley Cup final to watch.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ouch.

Los Angeles, with the win, will go on to either New York or New Jersey.
Phoenix, with the loss, will go on to either Seattle or Québec City.

:lol:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some post-game comments - Mike Smith:

“If [Coyotes forward] Raffi Torres gets 25 games for his hit during the play then this guy [Brown] ought to be done forever.”

Shane Doan:

“I bit my tongue the whole playoffs. I bit my tongue the whole time this series. I look back in the last two games and I still haven’t found where I got my three penalties. I have absolutely no idea where they came from or what they were calling.

“It’s hard because you don’t want to take anything away from L.A. They played unbelievable and give them all the credit. Uncle. Are you freaking kidding me? Uncle. I can’t understand how you miss that. You saw the game. It’s 5-on-3 and they give a penalty to even it up.

“The guy crosschecks Marty [Hanzal] twice in the back. He chips it over the boards, it goes over the boards and there’s no call? Marty gets a stick in the face and then the knee? I mean, come on. Like, come on.

“You don’t want to do it because I don’t want to take anything away from L.A. They played unbelievable and they beat us. Thank goodness their power play didn’t score on all those power plays they were handed. It could have been really ugly. They beat us. There’s nothing else to say about it.”

Have some cheese with that whine, Mike and Shane.

ChedCheeseWheel.gif

Granddaddy South

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost got it right.........Congrats Kings!

Hell, might as well give them the Stanley Cup. Who's gone stop em?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if this has already been mentioned, but Doan and Smith were assessed game misconducts for their actions at the end of the game. I think they might also be a little lighter in the wallet for those post-game comments.

Really have lost a ton of respect for both Doan and Smith, just a couple of crybabies.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if this has already been mentioned, but Doan and Smith were assessed game misconducts for their actions at the end of the game. I think they might also be a little lighter in the wallet for those post-game comments.

Really have lost a ton of respect for both Doan and Smith, just a couple of crybabies.

Yandle wasn't much better blaming the loss on the fact the Yotes have no owner and the fact the refs were on the Kings side last night.