• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

3 more shootout losses

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And we clinch the division! It is good to have a plan, write it down, and stick to it. Hopefully this can become bulletin board material for them.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would really like to know why our goalies are so bad in shootouts. It's like they never stopped a break away before. Who is coaching the goalies when it comes to this part of the game? Maybe Mullen is doing this also.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would really like to know why our goalies are so bad in shootouts. It's like they never stopped a break away before. Who is coaching the goalies when it comes to this part of the game? Maybe Mullen is doing this also.

I'm not mad at the goalies. Games should never be determined by a shootout to begin with.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I actually have been thinking about this and I really do think it's a coaching thing at this point. For anyone who has seen any of the shootouts this year is looks like Bob and Boosh are being told to go for the poke check, and it appears they're being told to go early. Now it could just be a coincidence that they both like to commit early, but I'm guessing the odds of that are pretty low.

It could also have to do with the fact that our shooters seem to(for the most part) commit to their move well before the attempt instead of looking for what the goalie is giving them. If that's the case I say they go get some 18 year old college kids to come practice shootouts with the goalies(those kids try some crazy ass shit) maybe that would at least get the goalies out of this shoot-out funk.

That being said these games should not be going to shoot-outs in the first place and too much is being left on the goalies shoulders in my eyes. Hopefully now that they can lose the 1st seed they wake the wfuck up these last 3 games and get into a nice groove since I don't see either the Rags or Sabres being push overs in the first round.