• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #3 Michigan @ #2 The Ohio State University; ABC 12 EST

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't agree that two loss teams should ever make it in. I think the rule needs to be that only 0 or 1 loss teams can make the playoff and in years where there's no enough spots, the playoff shrinks to a two team format. Michigan, Wisconsin and Penn State should have no shot at a title.

If Clemson and Washington lose, then Western Michigan gets in and one spot is left open? No disrespect, but if you have 4 playoffs spots then they need to be filled by 4 playoff teams. I would agree that no 2 loss team should have a bitch unless it's given to a 3 loss team.

Please change your signature ... Michigan did not win the game. You are embarrassing Michigan fans. Thank you in advance.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's cute. I guarantee this is a snap when he falling back. He was AT THE LINE at forward progress. Try harder next time
I have yet to see an image where the ball in his right hand is over the line drawn on that pic. I'd love for you to show it to me.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, the Power-5 just needs to split into it's own thing and the current non-power 5 teams need to be pushed into FCS. The reality is, a team from the MAC is competing for the same national title that Alabama is and they're never going to be able to reach it. Western Michigan can win all it's games by a billion, and never even sniff the playoffs. Heck, they'll be lucky to crack the top 10.

I wouldn't be against adding a middle tier National Championship if it was done the right way.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Clemson and Washington lose, then Western Michigan gets in and one spot is left open? No disrespect, but if you have 4 playoffs spots then they need to be filled by 4 playoff teams. I would agree that no 2 loss team should have a bitch unless it's given to a 3 loss team.

Please change your signature ... Michigan did not win the game. You are embarrassing Michigan fans. Thank you in advance.
No thank you, Michigan won that game and I will go to my grave with that one. Just like the Spartan Bob game. The anger might die down throughout the years, but there is nothing that will convince me otherwise. This isn't a situation where we got a bad call and don't know what the rest of the game would have been like if we got the call. Michigan won the game, the game would have ended with the correct call on the field. It's just like Oklahoma State vs. CMU earlier in the year. Oklahoma State won the game and everyone knows it. There should be a permanent asterisk on this game and all officials involved should be fined or fired for incompetence.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be against adding a middle tier National Championship if it was done the right way.
You have to. How is it fair that teams playing have absolutely no shot at a championship even if they go undefeated.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No thank you, Michigan won that game and I will go to my grave with that one. Just like the Spartan Bob game. The anger might die down throughout the years, but there is nothing that will convince me otherwise. This isn't a situation where we got a bad call and don't know what the rest of the game would have been like if we got the call. Michigan won the game, the game would have ended with the correct call on the field. It's just like Oklahoma State vs. CMU earlier in the year. Oklahoma State won the game and everyone knows it. There should be a permanent asterisk on this game and all officials involved should be fined or fired for incompetence.
Except it was absolutely nothing like the OSU vs CMU game. One was a judgement call which you disagree with. The other was a complete misapplication to the point of inventing rules to the game.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except it was absolutely nothing like the OSU vs CMU game. One was a judgement call which you disagree with. The other was a complete misapplication to the point of inventing rules to the game.
There is no judgement call. The ball either breaks the plane or it doesn't. It's a factual argument that's supported by video evidence. This isn't a pass interference call -- AKA a judgment call.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no judgement call. The ball either breaks the plane or it doesn't. It's a factual argument that's supported by video evidence. This isn't a pass interference call -- AKA a judgment call.

It is a judgement call on whether or not it breaks the plane. Just as it is a judgement call whether or not a player makes contact with a receiver before the ball gets there.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a judgement call on whether or not it breaks the plane. Just as it is a judgement call whether or not a player makes contact with a receiver before the ball gets there.
No, it's not. Because it's reviewable. Judgement calls are not reviewable in football. If it's reviewable, then it's based on video evidence. The ref can either overturn the call, confirm the call or say there wasn't enough evidence to overturn it (play stands as called). In this case, video evidence clearly showed the ball never crossed the line. In fact, it very clearly showed nothing but the crown of his helmet & hand/forearm crossed the line. And it's easy in this case, the yard line was the actual first down marker -- so it should have been a very easy reversal. Your own QB didn't think he made it. The fact is, they got it wrong and OSU won because of it.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just for you MB9......

AP writer’s justification for ranking Michigan over Ohio State will blow your mind.

AAkQ8VT.img
© Greg Bartram-USA TODAY Sports This reasoning from one of the AP poll voters can be filed under what are called mental gymnastics.

Tom Murphy is an Associated Press writer covering the Arkansas Razorbacks. After watching Ohio State beat Michigan in Week 13 like the rest of us, he decided ignore the game’s outcome in his latest rankings, which are used along with those of the other AP writers, to determine the national AP rankings.

Here’s what Murphy wrote after keeping Michigan at No. 2 and bumping Ohio State down to No. 5 heading into championship weekend:

“Yes, I voted Michigan higher than Ohio State. The Wolverines essentially outplayed their arch rival on the road and I don’t think the football reached the necessary 15-yard line on J.T. Barrett’s fourth-down run in double overtime. As that was the game-decided play, I appointed myself as the replay official and deemed Michigan the winner. Now, if only the College Football Playoff selection committee would do the same.”

The kicker here is the end where he not only plays referee but also takes on the role of know-it-all, writing, “Now, if only the College Football Playoff selection committee would do the same.”

While one can easily question the spot on J.T. Barrett’s famous 4th-and-1 run in double overtime, there is absolutely no way the officials could have overturned the call on the field. It was close, either way you believe the call should have landed.

Ohio State was actually the better team for the second half and the overtime periods, in this scribe’s estimation anyway. And either way, what Murphy has done here is asinine. His vote isn’t going to change anything in the grand scheme of things, but it shows a lack of respect for the entire process to appoint himself as the replay official and say Michigan actually won.

Sour grapes are never tasty. In this case, they are downright awful.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please change your signature ... Michigan did not win the game. You are embarrassing Michigan fans.

I assume you've read some of his posts from the three plus years he's been on this site, so you should know that his current signature is really just a piece of the embarrassment.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for you MB9......

AP writer’s justification for ranking Michigan over Ohio State will blow your mind.

AAkQ8VT.img
© Greg Bartram-USA TODAY Sports This reasoning from one of the AP poll voters can be filed under what are called mental gymnastics.

Tom Murphy is an Associated Press writer covering the Arkansas Razorbacks. After watching Ohio State beat Michigan in Week 13 like the rest of us, he decided ignore the game’s outcome in his latest rankings, which are used along with those of the other AP writers, to determine the national AP rankings.

Here’s what Murphy wrote after keeping Michigan at No. 2 and bumping Ohio State down to No. 5 heading into championship weekend:

“Yes, I voted Michigan higher than Ohio State. The Wolverines essentially outplayed their arch rival on the road and I don’t think the football reached the necessary 15-yard line on J.T. Barrett’s fourth-down run in double overtime. As that was the game-decided play, I appointed myself as the replay official and deemed Michigan the winner. Now, if only the College Football Playoff selection committee would do the same.”

The kicker here is the end where he not only plays referee but also takes on the role of know-it-all, writing, “Now, if only the College Football Playoff selection committee would do the same.”

While one can easily question the spot on J.T. Barrett’s famous 4th-and-1 run in double overtime, there is absolutely no way the officials could have overturned the call on the field. It was close, either way you believe the call should have landed.

Ohio State was actually the better team for the second half and the overtime periods, in this scribe’s estimation anyway. And either way, what Murphy has done here is asinine. His vote isn’t going to change anything in the grand scheme of things, but it shows a lack of respect for the entire process to appoint himself as the replay official and say Michigan actually won.

Sour grapes are never tasty. In this case, they are downright awful.

He's doing what the CFP should be doing.

And CFP should be doing it for the OK State situation as well.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The next day in all the newspapers and all the web sites it says ohio state 30 - Michigan 27. I am not asking you to like it, all I asking is you accept reality. Maybe your an ohio state troll with an alt ID just to make Michigan look stupid. Disclaimer: We the real Michigan fans would like not to be grouped in with @MAIZEandBLUE09 when he say something that disproves common logic (example the score of ohio state/Michigan game 2016.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The next day in all the newspapers and all the web sites it says ohio state 30 - Michigan 27. I am not asking you to like it, all I asking is you accept reality. Maybe your an ohio state troll with an alt ID just to make Michigan look stupid. Disclaimer: We the real Michigan fans would like not to be grouped in with @MAIZEandBLUE09 when he say something that disproves common logic (example the score of ohio state/Michigan game 2016.
You're not a true Michigan fan if you're willing to give in to the pressure just because you want to be liked by OSU fans.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sour grapes are never tasty.

I disagree. Seeing @MAIZEandBLUE09 wet himself -- over and over again -- about a ruling on the field that he doesn't agree with is fucking cracking me up.

My favorite bit was when someone posted a pic showing that it was a damn close call and that it was a first down, he claimed it was photoshopped. PHOTOSHOPPED!!!

tumblr_inline_n52tb6eHP71svqi8r.gif

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait...is this guy actually serious?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Seeing @MAIZEandBLUE09 wet himself -- over and over again -- about a ruling on the field that he doesn't agree with is fucking cracking me up.

My favorite bit was when someone posted a pic showing that it was a damn close call and that it was a first down, he claimed it was photoshopped. PHOTOSHOPPED!!!

tumblr_inline_n52tb6eHP71svqi8r.gif
It was, this has already been proven. It's a screen grab of the TV video, with bent hash marks. Unless whoever installed the OSU field was drunk and or had double vision (which is possible in Ohio) hash marks and lines aren't bent. The angle of the players also doesn't match the angle of the camera viewpoint. It's an entirely manipulated image. I've shown you multiple full-resolution images proving my point and you're hanging your hat on a grainy image that looks like it came from a camera phone from 2005 with bent hash marks.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not a true Michigan fan if you're willing to give in to the pressure just because you want to be liked by OSU fans.

Maize: Children, children, come over here. Watch this replay with me. Do you think it was a first down?

signs_screenshot__its_so_they_cant_read_our_minds_by_monsieurbubbles-d71pz4z.jpg
Ewan-McGregor-Laughing.gif

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was, this has already been proven. It's a screen grab of the TV video, with bent hash marks. Unless whoever installed the OSU field was drunk and or had double vision (which is possible in Ohio) hash marks and lines aren't bent. The angle of the players also doesn't match the angle of the camera viewpoint. It's an entirely manipulated image. I've shown you multiple full-resolution images proving my point and you're hanging your hat on a grainy image that looks like it came from a camera phone from 2005 with bent hash marks.

No, I'm hanging my hat on the official ruling on the field, and the subsequent findings of those that reviewed that call.