• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(3) Golden State Warriors vs (4) Dallas Mavericks WCF

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Dinwiddie represent himself in the contract negotiations?
Who knows nowadays. Maybe his agent just said you better take it or leave it. Either way I have questions about his decision-making

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like that was just a good luck thing....if we win a ship that's the reward not the $1. It's speaking it into existence.
That’s kinda how I see it. It kinda shows that guy actually wants to win. Without digging into it too deep, I like it. And I like him for having it there.

AD2022MVP

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are. As well as any team in the NBA.

But, they didn’t have 2 key cogs including their DPOY (who is very deserving) and great offense beats great defense.

You were still wrong.

Smart is too short and he may have gotten the DPOY but he isn't that caliber of a defender. He's very good but not an all time great defender. Btw, no, I'm not wrong.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart is too short and he may have gotten the DPOY but he isn't that caliber of a defender. He's very good but not an all time great defender. Btw, no, I'm not wrong.

You are not wrong in the sense that nobody can stop a great player who is on his game and highly motivated.

You are 100% wrong in specifically calling out the Celtics in saying they don’t have a matchup for him.

Nobody in the world can really guard Kevin Durant and Giannis.

But the Celtics did that as well as anybody. Butler isn’t better than those guys. The difference is that Boston will never load the defense to stop Butler in the way that they would for the other 2 I just mentioned.

And if you want to keep this going, really need to move it to the right thread.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luka is one of the worst defenders in the league, right or wrong dipshit? The Suns didn't go at him every time did they dipshit?

According to nba-.com/stats/players/defense Luka is 12 out of 217 players in the playoffs.

You also claimed last week that the Mavs D isn't good. Well according to nba-.com again they are currently tied with the Celtics & Warriors for the 2nd best D in the playoffs. I was the one that mentioned last week the Mavs D ranked 5th in the league during the regular season after you said their D was bad.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to nba-.com/stats/players/defense Luka is 12 out of 217 players in the playoffs.

You also claimed last week that the Mavs D isn't good. Well according to nba-.com again they are currently tied with the Celtics & Warriors for the 2nd best D in the playoffs. I was the one that mentioned last week the Mavs D ranked 5th in the league during the regular season after you said their D was bad.
For you to post anything saying Luka is a strong defender makes you one of the dumbest NBA posters of all time. It would be like claiming the Arizona Cardinals had the best set of RB's in the NFL after a month when their QB ran for 100 yards a game but the RB's averaged 3.4 YPC. Watch the games

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For you to post anything saying Luka is a strong defender makes you one of the dumbest NBA posters of all time. It would be like claiming the Arizona Cardinals had the best set of RB's in the NFL after a month when their QB ran for 100 yards a game but the RB's averaged 3.4 YPC. Watch the games

I'll go by what nba-.com has to say and not someone who has an agenda and seemingly doesn't like Luka's style of play. Or whatever your issue is with him.

What about incorrectly saying the Mavs D isn't good? Oh wait, that involves looking at what the regular season ending team numbers say. You don't want any of that nonsense. You'd rather create your own false narrative about a player you don't like.

Which is fine. We all got players we don't like/root against. But you've been proven wrong twice now and your response is to call me dumb and you called someone else a dipshit. Is that the best you got? Kinda lame.

People can be biased. Player & team stats aren't.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go by what nba-.com has to say and not someone who has an agenda and seemingly doesn't like Luka's style of play. Or whatever your issue is with him.

What about incorrectly saying the Mavs D isn't good? Oh wait, that involves looking at what the regular season ending team numbers say. You don't want any of that nonsense. You'd rather create your own false narrative about a player you don't like.

Which is fine. We all got players we don't like/root against. But you've been proven wrong twice now and your response is to call me dumb and you called someone else a dipshit. Is that the best you got? Kinda lame.

People can be biased. Player & team stats aren't.
I said the first two games against the Suns our defense looked like a layup line. You can quote stats all you want, they aren't great defensively. They typically hold teams to lower scores because of their OFFENSIVE pace of play limiting possessions. They have good wing defenders, average at best in the post, and Luca is a smart team defender but can't stay in front of anyone. If you think he is the 12th best player in the playoffs because you read it somewhere, you're a Dipshit

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said the first two games against the Suns our defense looked like a layup line. You can quote stats all you want, they aren't great defensively. They typically hold teams to lower scores because of their OFFENSIVE pace of play limiting possessions. They have good wing defenders, average at best in the post, and Luca is a smart team defender but can't stay in front of anyone. If you think he is the 12th best player in the playoffs because you read it somewhere, you're a Dipshit

I never said he's the 12th best defensive player in the playoffs.

I posted that to show you in the playoffs he's stepped his defense up.

But keep telling yourself he's some big defensive liability for the Mavs so I can continue to laugh at you.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,580.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking Dallas in 7 for this one

Ll Cool J GIF by reactionseditor

You spelled Dubs wrong.

Last edited:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said he's the 12th best defensive player in the playoffs.

I posted that to show you in the playoffs he's stepped his defense up.

But keep telling yourself he's some big defensive liability for the Mavs so I can continue to laugh at you.
I don't care if a clown laughs at me. He hasn't stepped up his D. His D is terrible. Phoenix had a terrible strategy after the first two games. Dallas is strong on the perimeter, and the Suns never went inside and they didn't go right at Luka. As a Mavs fan, I hope the Dubs don't figure it out. They have no real low post threat, but they can put 4 scorers on the floor. They need to isolate Luka, no matter who he is on, and go at him again and again. DGreen won't stop Luka, nobody can, but if they wear him out on the defensive end they will score more and take his legs in the process

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care if a clown laughs at me. He hasn't stepped up his D. His D is terrible. Phoenix had a terrible strategy after the first two games. Dallas is strong on the perimeter, and the Suns never went inside and they didn't go right at Luka. As a Mavs fan, I hope the Dubs don't figure it out. They have no real low post threat, but they can put 4 scorers on the floor. They need to isolate Luka, no matter who he is on, and go at him again and again. DGreen won't stop Luka, nobody can, but if they wear him out on the defensive end they will score more and take his legs in the process

Who you calling a clown, you looking in mirror?

What did Luka do to you for you to hate him so much?

He's already the 2nd best player in franchise history.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Mavs lose this series, which I expect, it will be entirely Luka's fault because he's the single biggest liability defensively in the playoffs.

He'll never get the Mavs to the top of the mountain. I suggest getting rid of him. As much as I wouldn't want to see Marcus Smart traded trading him for Luka and multiple 1st rounds picks seems totally legit to me.