• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(3) Golden State Warriors vs (4) Dallas Mavericks WCF

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who you calling a clown, you looking in mirror?

What did Luka do to you for you to hate him so much?

He's already the 2nd best player in franchise history.
I love Luka. That doesn't mean I need to wash his balls by calling him an elite defender when he is one of the worst on ball defenders in the league. And Luka is the best player in Mavs history. I love Dirk, but this kid is on the same level as Bird, Magic and LBJ. Not MJ...he was an elite defender as well as great offensive player

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Mavs lose this series, which I expect, it will be entirely Luka's fault because he's the single biggest liability defensively in the playoffs.

He'll never get the Mavs to the top of the mountain. I suggest getting rid of him. As much as I wouldn't want to see Marcus Smart traded trading him for Luka and multiple 1st rounds picks seems totally legit to me.
Such a Dumbass....

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really looking forward to tonight's game.
Dubs need to set the tone early and often.
Don't worry about Luka getting his ( he's gonna ).
Gotta focus on not allowing the other Mavs to get theirs.

1652903580634.png
I am too... I really think this Is going to be a hell of a series. Looking forward to matchups and how they play out. Gonna be fun... #MFFL

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go by what nba-.com has to say and not someone who has an agenda and seemingly doesn't like Luka's style of play. Or whatever your issue is with him.

What about incorrectly saying the Mavs D isn't good? Oh wait, that involves looking at what the regular season ending team numbers say. You don't want any of that nonsense. You'd rather create your own false narrative about a player you don't like.

Which is fine. We all got players we don't like/root against. But you've been proven wrong twice now and your response is to call me dumb and you called someone else a dipshit. Is that the best you got? Kinda lame.

People can be biased. Player & team stats aren't.
Anyone who watched the Mavs last season and watched them this season knows... this team plays significantly better defense than they did under Carlisle and when they get it cranked up like they did in the 2nd Q Sunday night they can be a problem. Of course - some people clearly didn't watch this team last season or this season. And - Luka plays serviceable defense. Not the best but certainly doesn't suck. Hell - even Bertans has played somewhat average defense and he's notoriously bad. It's all about effort and they work their asses off.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who watched the Mavs last season and watched them this season knows... this team plays significantly better defense than they did under Carlisle and when they get it cranked up like they did in the 2nd Q Sunday night they can be a problem. Of course - some people clearly didn't watch this team last season or this season. And - Luka plays serviceable defense. Not the best but certainly doesn't suck. Hell - even Bertans has played somewhat average defense and he's notoriously bad. It's all about effort and they work their asses off.
Serviceable is a nice word

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Luka. That doesn't mean I need to wash his balls by calling him an elite defender when he is one of the worst on ball defenders in the league. And Luka is the best player in Mavs history. I love Dirk, but this kid is on the same level as Bird, Magic and LBJ. Not MJ...he was an elite defender as well as great offensive player

Where did I call him an elite defender? Back your bullshit up.

All I'm saying is I don't think he's as bad a defender as you do.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well there's a certain Mavs fan that seems to think Luka's one of the worst defenders in the playoffs.

Yeah he's not the best defender. But he's far from the worst defender.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did I call him an elite defender? Back your bullshit up.

All I'm saying is I don't think he's as bad a defender as you do.
You pulled out the #12 in the post season not once but twice. Read your own stupid posts

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there's a certain Mavs fan that seems to think Luka's one of the worst defenders in the playoffs.

Yeah he's not the best defender. But he's far from the worst defender.
LMAO, everyone knows Luka can't on ball defend. Neither could Bird. They were still awesome.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You pulled out the #12 in the post season not once but twice. Read your own stupid posts

Yeah I know exactly what nba-.com said. But keep telling yourself that was my ranking. How dumb are you?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Elite defenders are in the top 5. Did I ask you how dumb are you? Just wanna make sure.

AD2022MVP

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are not wrong in the sense that nobody can stop a great player who is on his game and highly motivated.

You are 100% wrong in specifically calling out the Celtics in saying they don’t have a matchup for him.

Nobody in the world can really guard Kevin Durant and Giannis.

But the Celtics did that as well as anybody. Butler isn’t better than those guys. The difference is that Boston will never load the defense to stop Butler in the way that they would for the other 2 I just mentioned.

And if you want to keep this going, really need to move it to the right thread.

I agree with this for the most part but I think you are under estimating Butler in that he may not be as good as Durant but he is close enough that you need to give him special attention beyond guarding him straight up. In some ways Durant was easier to guard by Tatum because Durant isn't use to playing against guys who are near the same height that are as agile as him. Durant hasn't figured out how to do that yet, maybe he never will. Durant is accustomed to being able to shoot over guys with ease because of his height advantage or blowing by guys who are his height. So although Durant is a better player than Butler, he is an easier guard for Tatum.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elite defenders are in the top 5. Did I ask you how dumb are you? Just wanna make sure.
Wait, wait...you said 12 out of 217.. Go back and reread it lol. That's top 5% goofy lol. Own tour stupidity lol

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mavs dominated the Warriors in their season meetings so I'll say this continues tonight with another Warrior collapse in the 4th quarter.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mavs got a small ball lineup to counter the Warriors small ball/death lineup

Dinwiddie
Luka
Brunson
Bullock
DFS
That would play right into the Warriors hands.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors in 6. Booker and CP3 fold when the pressure is high, that won't happen to the Warriors. I would have picked Warriors in 5 but Warriors lose focus too much this season. Looks like a Warriors/Heat final.
Mavs in 6 Too many blown 4th quarter leads

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mavs dominated the Warriors in their season meetings so I'll say this continues tonight with another Warrior collapse in the 4th quarter.
Usually wrong, but never in doubt.

Aren't you a Celtics fan?