• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(3) Golden State Warriors vs (4) Dallas Mavericks WCF

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those weren't my rankings. I got them from nba-.com. What do you not understand about that? You really are dumb to think those were my personal rankings.
Then why use them to try and prove your stupid point. Had the Dubs shot the 3 ball last night they would have scored 140. Fact

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure but he was ok in the second half right? Genuinely don't know.

eh, i dunno, i guess maybe he got a shot of something at halftime?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you didn't see him holding his shoulder for almost the entire first half and grimacing in discomfort?

I like Luka because he doesn't make excuses. He said after the game his shoulder was fine and he'll get treatment, but I think there is something there. It was his right shoulder too, which hopefully doesn't cause him too much issues. Never rooting for injuries to affect a series.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors played a spectacular game defensively. I think Steve Kerr did a masterful job in game planning yesterday. The different defensive looks they threw at the Mavs was key.

I fully expect more of the Mavs shots to go in next game, so the Warriors will have to continue to be stout defensively. The Mavs did get a bunch of clean looks that just didn't fall. Likewise the Warriors didn't shoot great, so there's upside there too.

Overall not much more you can ask for in a game 1 win. Hopefully the Warriors come out with that same energy, effort and hustle next game.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Kerr's Warriors have never lost a playoff series in the Western conference. That's after 6 playoff runs, 17 series and counting. In each of those series they won at least one road game.

Other than 2016 and 2019 they've never lost in the playoffs period. 20-2 record in playoff series.

I hate to keep piling on Monty (ok no I don't) but man he just doesn't know dick about basketball.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Giannis, is Wiggins the most athletic player in the NBA who is 6'6" or above? He'll never be the superstar player that Minny hoped he would be when they drafted him no. 1, but it seems like the Warriors were able to salvage a decent defender out of that trade. Warriors apparently were just looking for a piece (defense) in that trade and not the total package.

Some interesting notes about Wiggins: His dad played in the NBA. I have no recollection of Mitchell Wiggins, but he played in over 400 NBA games (playoff games included) and he averaged over 20 minutes/game during the Rockets' 1986 playoff run that ended with a 4-2 loss to the Celtics.

His mother was a track and field athlete who represented Canada at the 1984 and 1988 Olympics. I think we can safely say that Andrew Wiggins has some pretty good athletic genes.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say it's overrated. But they have to be more skilled than in the past. Size will always have an advantage in basketball, but with the way the game is played now it, there are more ways to neutralize it or even turn it into a disadvantage against more ''traditional bigs''.

Maybe overrated is the wrong word. All other things being equal, you want the player who is bigger. Like you were alluding to, modern bigs who don't run the floor well will often get subbed out, but of course, give me the big player who does everything. LOL.

I was mostly pondering about why the Warriors seem to be doing so well in rebounding when all you hear is that they lack size. Maybe it's because many of the rebounds in the modern game are long rebounds that big men don't usually get anyway. The Warriors won the rebounding battle against Memphis in 5/6 games. Outrebounded the Mavs last night by a wide margin. I certainly hope that the rebounding gets even better when Wiseman makes it back one day. He's significantly bigger than anyone who is playing for the Warriors right now.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe overrated is the wrong word. All other things being equal, you want the player who is bigger. Like you were alluding to, modern bigs who don't run the floor well will often get subbed out, but of course, give me the big player who does everything. LOL.

I was mostly pondering about why the Warriors seem to be doing so well in rebounding when all you hear is that they lack size. Maybe it's because many of the rebounds in the modern game are long rebounds that big men don't usually get anyway. The Warriors won the rebounding battle against Memphis in 5/6 games. Outrebounded the Mavs last night by a wide margin. I certainly hope that the rebounding gets even better when Wiseman makes it back one day. He's significantly bigger than anyone who is playing for the Warriors right now.

A couple of things explain it, imo.

For one, the Warriors know they aren't a big team, so they probably emphasize rebounding fundamentals and "team rebounding" more than some other teams. Also, while they aren't particularly big, they are long and athletic, so they are quicker to the ball and get a lot of rebounds that way. It especially helps that the league is more perimeter oriented now, so you get longer rebounds which is great for a team like the Warriors.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Giannis, is Wiggins the most athletic player in the NBA who is 6'6" or above? He'll never be the superstar player that Minny hoped he would be when they drafted him no. 1, but it seems like the Warriors were able to salvage a decent defender out of that trade. Warriors apparently were just looking for a piece (defense) in that trade and not the total package.

Some interesting notes about Wiggins: His dad played in the NBA. I have no recollection of Mitchell Wiggins, but he played in over 400 NBA games (playoff games included) and he averaged over 20 minutes/game during the Rockets' 1986 playoff run that ended with a 4-2 loss to the Celtics.

His mother was a track and field athlete who represented Canada at the 1984 and 1988 Olympics. I think we can safely say that Andrew Wiggins has some pretty good athletic genes.

No. He isn’t.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Luka because he doesn't make excuses. He said after the game his shoulder was fine and he'll get treatment, but I think there is something there. It was his right shoulder too, which hopefully doesn't cause him too much issues. Never rooting for injuries to affect a series.

i like you, sushi. you're a good egg.

Fox Tv GIF by Gotham

edi: wtf?? @FaCe-LeE-uS @HaroldSeattle my choices up above are working again!! i can .gif! did someone fix them for me?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mavs are 10-0 this season following a 20-plus point loss.
Not that I put a whole lot of stock into regular season stats…

The Dubs were 6-4 in games after a 20+ pt victory.

The Dubs only lost by 20+ pts 4 times during the regular season.

In the playoffs, the Warriors are 3-1 in games decided by 20+ points (10-4 during reg season).

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,780.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay tip off is just 4 hours away....time to ramp this up. Get it goin'.

Defeating the Warriors on the road is no easy task.
The Warriors are 16-3 at home in Game 2's since their title run in 2014-15 and are 17-5 in Game 2's overall during this stretch.