• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

3 BSU players held back from game against UGA

Boomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
University Boosters hosting players so they can play out of district/state HS football and then guiding them to the old alma mater. kinda like the movie?

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure completely on these rules

but is there a chance that this isn't in the regulations meaning that we found a hole in them??

some say it could be that way with the Oregon stuff.

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
University Boosters hosting players so they can play out of district/state HS football and then guiding them to the old alma mater. kinda like the movie?

here's the post

Rational minds are beginning to believe that this has to do with their host families when they were foreign exchange students in high school with ties to the BSU athletic department. Specifically "boosters".

I'm gonna go sit in a corner and whimper for awhile

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure completely on these rules

but is there a chance that this isn't in the regulations meaning that we found a hole in them??

some say it could be that way with the Oregon stuff.

We never did find out why Gene was fired.

This could become really painful................and I was thinking I could enjoy the season.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We never did find out why Gene was fired.

This could become really painful................and I was thinking I could enjoy the season.

if this season is ruined we better not hold back against Georgia

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the eligibility problems affect past seasons, here's which games each player has competed in:

— Febis played in every game except the MAACO Bowl Las Vegas in 2010 (Boise State 11-1 in those games), every game in 2009 (14-0) and at least six games in 2008, including the Poinsettia Bowl (5-1), according to the NCAA stats site and Boise State's media guide. He was the Broncos' Special Teams Player of the Year in 2010.

— Tjong-A-Tjoe played in every game last year except the opener against Virginia Tech (11-1).

— Boldewijn played in every game last year (12-1).

Records for reserves getting into games aren't great, so it's possible those numbers aren't exactly right.

Read more: Three Boise State football players from Amsterdam won't play against Georgia, including starting safety | Voices.IdahoStatesman.com

also

IDS_BroncoBeat Bronco Beat
What's weird to me is Febis talked to us Wed. and Boldewijn on Thurs. Not like BSU to let us talk to someone who's in jeopardy like that

Boomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
why the hell go to amsterdam for football players that are still in HS, lol, i guess i'm too dumb to see the advantage.

Red Elephant101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Boise State Broncos will be without receiver Geraldo Boldewijn, safety Cedric Febis, and defensive tackle Ricky Tjong-A-Tjoe for their game against the Georgia Bulldogs on Saturday pending a review of their NCAA eligibility.

Did anyone else check these last names out? What did they get busted for whaling of sumpn...