• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

3 BSU players held back from game against UGA

BSUinblue

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hear it is clearing house issues... thanks NCAA. what at UGA paid you off ?

The Boise State Broncos will be without receiver Geraldo Boldewijn, safety Cedric Febis, and defensive tackle Ricky Tjong-A-Tjoe for their game against the Georgia Bulldogs on Saturday pending a review of their NCAA eligibility.

The three players were left home, the school said in a statement Friday. The review is not for academics or a violation of team rules.

Nation Blog
ESPN.com's Andrea Adelson is a national college football blogger for ESPN.com.

Boise State spokesman Max Corbet said an issue with their eligibility came up this week, and the school was working with the NCAA and Mountain West to get the matter resolved. He had no further comment.

The news comes as a blow to the No. 5 Broncos one day before their showdown with the No. 19 Bulldogs. Boldewijn (formerly Hiwat) was expected to be a significant contributor at receiver with the departures of Titus Young and Austin Pettis and was a breakout performer in the spring.

Febis, a senior, was penciled in to start at safety at the position once manned by Jeron Johnson. That leaves redshirt freshman Jeremy Ioane to make his first career start against one of the best quarterbacks in the SEC in Aaron Murray.

Tjong-A-Tjoe, a sophomore, is the backup to Billy Winn. He played in 12 games last season, with 6.5 tackles for loss

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
boise just setting themselves up for excuses after their loss.

Mo_Cutter

'Member 34-13, Taters?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Boise State should be ashamed of themselves for recruiting illegal aliens. SHAME ON YOU!
:llama::llama::llama::llama:

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I tend to think this is all a load of horse manure however..............

If BSU is a top 5 team this should not be enough to derail us.

It's put up or shut up time Bronco Nation

Boomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
doesnt sound like BSU was on top of the problem otherwise BSU would have declared then inelgible and then applied for eligibility. thats the way big time programs have started to address these type of issues

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doesnt sound like BSU was on top of the problem otherwise BSU would have declared then inelgible and then applied for eligibility. thats the way big time programs have started to address these type of issues

Did you not catch the part where this isn't the first year for any of these guys?

And that they all played at local High schools before BSU?

I would bet the 'new' compliance guy is hyper-conservative and BSU is being overly cautious.

Timing suck regardless but a top 5 team can roll with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Does Ed McMahon have to do with college football?

Boomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Did you not catch the part where this isn't the first year for any of these guys?

And that they all played at local High schools before BSU?

I would bet the 'new' compliance guy is hyper-conservative and BSU is being overly cautious.Timing suck regardless but a top 5 team can roll with it.

Maybe on the compliance guy, i can see that . . .

but i dont get why your making the point that they are upperclassmen or that they are all locals. what am i missing?

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

but i dont get why your making the point that they are upperclassmen or that they are all locals. what am i missing?

The point is that their eligibilty should have been determined a long time ago.

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The whole question about their eligibility should have come up before this year.

A little raw here in Bronco Nation right now.

Either we have a new compliance guy (4th in 4 years) who is being ultra cautious.

Or we have a real problem and this is likely part of why GB was fired as AD. We never did get the real reason for that. Not sure I have a point right now just a gut wrenching pit in my stomach that were about to find out a lot more shit is headed at our program.

Boomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The point is that their eligibilty should have been determined a long time ago.

lol - well duh, thats what i was getting at in my original post when i said they should have been on top of it.

Boomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Or we have a real problem and this is likely part of why GB was fired as AD. We never did get the real reason for that. Not sure I have a point right now just a gut wrenching pit in my stomach that were about to find out a lot more shit is headed at our program.

Thats where i thought it going. Tough break, you may find out the reason now.

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conjecture is now centering around the 'host' families for these guys when they were in HS and talk of it being boosters

damnit

season may be over before it starts.

Boomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Conjecture is now centering around the 'host' families for these guys when they were in HS and talk of it being boosters

damnit

season may be over before it starts.

Edit NM - didnt see the part about boosters doing the hosting.

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edit NM - didnt see the part about boosters doing the hosting.

well that's where it seems to get fuzzy but so far that is the scuttlebutt

Could be nothing, could be major. Could be losing those 3 for one game is the least of our worries.