• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(3) Boston Bruins vs. (6) Montreal Canadiens | Series Thread

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This series is all about the goal tending. It will be a long one 6 or 7 games.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did anyone from the Caps/Rags thread "crap" on your thread?

I call oxen excrement!

^waht Elo said

The ceremony is repeated at game 6 when Max P is rolled onto the ice largely recovered from the Game 3 incident. Despite losing 3 pints of blood on to the ice that evening, Recchi rolled his eyes at Max being brought on the ice and embellished a yawn with his hand to signal his disapproval. Further emboldened by no discipline being brought against him, Chara is seen looking into the rafters (i.e. straight ahead) and loudly saying "that's a 'go' on the kill shot" into a walkie talkie he has with him. Within seconds, Max P is shot and killed. Chara is issued a small fine.

I was just referring to these little things... I really could care less. But now I got people wanting to question my Bruins allegiance. I love this place, but it could get annoying every once in a while. Even when people are just kidding.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ceremony is repeated at game 6 when Max P is rolled onto the ice largely recovered from the Game 3 incident. Despite losing 3 pints of blood on to the ice that evening, Recchi rolled his eyes at Max being brought on the ice and embellished a yawn with his hand to signal his disapproval. Further emboldened by no discipline being brought against him, Chara is seen looking into the rafters (i.e. straight ahead) and loudly saying "that's a 'go' on the kill shot" into a walkie talkie he has with him. Within seconds, Max P is shot and killed. Chara is issued a small fine.

You think this is funny, fine, but rarely does any of the Bruins fans here post anything negative on another teams threads. This is just beating a dead horse, just as the Rags jokes to Jeff.

NullDefault

Generic Comment
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was just referring to these little things... I really could care less. But now I got people wanting to question my Bruins allegiance. I love this place, but it could get annoying every once in a while. Even when people are just kidding.

You think this is funny, fine, but rarely does any of the Bruins fans here post anything negative on another teams threads. This is just beating a dead horse, just as the Rags jokes to Jeff.

Wow we are all tense this time of year! It's funny cause this thread starts out all light hearted and goes downhill from there pretty fast.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm ready to draw blood... But dont ever question what team I root for.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow we are all tense this time of year! It's funny cause this thread starts out all light hearted and goes downhill from there pretty fast.

Pictures of people with shit on them will do that. :lm:

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pictures of people with shit on them will do that. :lm:

I may have triggered that, lol. People were posting all this nonsense in our thread that I created, so I said I would shit on their threads. So I posted a pile of shit in the threads of the people littering ours. :painkiller:

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All nonsense aside, I can not wait for tomorrow to start!!! PLAYOFF HOCKEY IS HERE!

NullDefault

Generic Comment
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
All nonsense aside, I can not wait for tomorrow to start!!! PLAYOFF HOCKEY IS HERE!

Me too. It's cool that we don't have to play on the first day so I can get a reprieve from the anxiety I'm inevitably going to feel as a result of playoff tension.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First-round breakdown: Boston Bruins versus Montreal Canadiens - ESPN

5 Points to the Game
1. Zdeno Chara: The towering Bruins captain was disliked in Montreal even before he smacked Pacioretty into a stanchion last month, leaving the Habs winger with a concussion and a serious neck injury. Once the series shifts to Montreal for Game 3, it'll be a circus as Habs fans shower down their displeasure with the former Norris Trophy winner.

"He's pretty much booed every [time] he goes in the East, at least in the Northeast," Chiarelli said. "So that's nothing new to him. I'm sure there will be more scrutiny on him from the fans and media. Maybe we'll try and isolate the whole group once we're in Montreal just because it's an emotional town. You walk down the street there and you can feel the emotion."

2. Boston's physicality versus Montreal's quickness: The Bruins might be the most physical team in the league. The Canadiens might be the least physical. But the Habs gave the B's fits at times this season with their speed and skill. Two totally different teams. Which side of the game wins out?

"I'd like to think the way we play will wear them down," Chiarelli said. "But they do have quick forwards and their D are quick ups and they've got some good shooters. We play a straight line game and they play more of an east-west game with quickness. So over the course of a series you would hope our style would wear them down."

The key for Montreal is to hope Boston crosses the line with its physical play and pays the price, setting up the Habs' seventh-ranked power play.

"They're a physical team with a lot of size and a lot of depth," said star Montreal netminder Carey Price. "What we need to do is go toe-to-toe with them, try to get them to take penalties and kill them with our power play."

3. 2010 postseason collapse: Will there be any carryover for the Bruins from their stunning 3-0 series collapse to Philadelphia last spring? The Bruins have been upfront about last year's nightmare exit right from Day 1 of training camp, refusing to allow an elephant in the room.

"It's something that we've made an underlying theme in how we would respond," Chiarelli said. "Now it's crunch time and the proof is in the pudding. It's what you've done and how you've managed it mentally. We feel we're in a good position that way. We've taken that head on in all our mental preparation and team-building stuff. Now it's time to prove what it's worth."

4. Vezina-worthy goaltending: There's some serious netminding in this series. Tim Thomas is the favorite to win his second career Vezina Trophy this season, and many believe Carey Price should be a nominee for his standout campaign in Montreal. In theory, goals should be hard to come by, although strangely enough both netminders have had their turns at giving up some goals in this season series.

"They're both really good goalies and both can win a game by themselves," Chiarelli said. "I'm sure we'll see a game or two like that."

5. Special teams: Interestingly, the Canadiens enter this series with the leg up on both the power play and penalty kill, the Habs ranking seventh in the league in both departments while the Bruins are 20th on the power play and 16th on the penalty kill. Will this be a factor in this series? A big power-play goal at the right time can really swing the momentum of a game.

Key Match-Up
Zdeno Chara versus Tomas Plekanec's top line: The Canadiens ranked only 22nd in offense this season, and they don't win a lot of games in which Plekanec's unit doesn't produce. If Chara can shut down Plekanec, the Bruins should prevail.

Hero to Zero
Boston: Given the spotlight Chara will be under in this series, it will be interesting to see how he reacts. He's had a terrific season once again. But he's a player who has reached the third round of the playoffs only once in his career. There's pressure to help deliver a long playoff run this spring.

Montreal: Montreal's highest-paid player, Scott Gomez, produced a measly 38 points this season. He was an effective player last spring, however, but needs another bounce-back playoff to erase a dreary regular season.

Predictions
Like Chiarelli, we see the Bruins eventually wearing down the smaller Canadiens. But it won't be easy. Grab a seat and some popcorn, it's going to be a long one. Bruins in seven.​

dboy97

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game by game prediction
Game 1 Montreal 2 Boston 4
Game 2 Montreal 3 Boston 2 OT
Game 3 Boston 4 Montreal 5
Game 4 Boston 3 Montreal 1
Game 5 Montreal 3 Boston 4 OT
Game 6 Boston 0 Montreal 3
Game 7 Montreal 1 Boston 2

PhillyFate48

Pimp by blood
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bruins will go up 3 games to 0 and the Habs will come back 3 games to tie the series.......Bruins will score will quick goals and then...........The Habs come out of nowhere and score 4 straight to win the series!

NAH only the Flyers can do something like that!!!!

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foreal tho..... the Habs better win or they will burn there country down!

montreal-riots-3715.jpg

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Round One...

_48431276_deadpenguinap.jpg

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Scott Gomez: $8 million, 7 goals = $1.14 mill per goal.

oucheroonie.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol... I'll play for half that! SIGN ME!