• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(3) Boston Bruins vs. (6) Montreal Canadiens | Series Thread

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People were "shitting" on my beautiful thread... So I literally shit on theirs.

NullDefault

Generic Comment
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Five of those 7 predicted a 7 game ass kicking too.

So you are OK with someone predicting the series would go 7 games, yet youre mad they then picked the other team. Thats a thin line between understanding and anger.

It is a thin line for any matchup that doesn't carry the history that this one does. Given, however, our respective teams history against one another it's safe to assume just as easily that this could be a sweep as it could be a 7 game series, so I take no issue with it being predicted to go the distance. What I do take exception to as I mentioned before is the implication that given how Boston has played this season, how they are ranked, the depth of the roster, and the statistical fact that we have the best goalie in the league right now, I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out how he could pick the Habs. If he had come right out and just said, well despite all the evidence to the contrary I'm picking the Habs cause I have a good feeling about it, that would ring at least a little more honest.

NullDefault

Generic Comment
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
In addition Comeds, this isn't homerism that's causing me to take this stance on that opinion. If the same prediction had been made favoring the B's in 07-08 I would have been equally as pissed and you would have been as well. Yes that series went 7 games, but that wasn't the expectation going in. At that time the critics predicted a sweep and rightfully so given all the evidence available.

BostonAJ

They fucking won?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It is a thin line for any matchup that doesn't carry the history that this one does. Given, however, our respective teams history against one another it's safe to assume just as easily that this could be a sweep as it could be a 7 game series, so I take no issue with it being predicted to go the distance. What I do take exception to as I mentioned before is the implication that given how Boston has played this season, how they are ranked, the depth of the roster, and the statistical fact that we have the best goalie in the league right now, I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out how he could pick the Habs. If he had come right out and just said, well despite all the evidence to the contrary I'm picking the Habs cause I have a good feeling about it, that would ring at least a little more honest.

Let the anger flow, brother.

NullDefault

Generic Comment
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Let the anger flow, brother.

Seriously FUCK BURNSIDE! It's one thing to write and postulate how the series could go towards the Habs if certain situations and circumstances align in such a way that makes that possible, but to write an article that Fucking points outthe fact that the bruins look like the stronger team in almost every respect, then rant about Subban maturing as a player and that somehow he and Price are going to win this series as a given, and yeah that kind of homerism will get my blood up just a bit. If only for the fact that it's quite simply irresponsible and doesn't make sense given all of his prior analysis in the article. This isn't about the B's and the Habs, this is about piss poor analysis!

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No worries man, I was just amused by the OK with 7 game prediction but mad about winner prediction.

Its just someone making their picks; nothing to get bugged about IMO.