• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Philadelphia Sixers vs Atlanta Hawks

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't have a dog in the fight (but was pulling for your Sixers). There was a point where I just wanted to change the channel, but couldn't because it was like driving past a bad accident where you don't want to look, but you can't stop yourself.
And Doc is gonna get heat for it but Embiid and Curry were the only ones balling out. The coach can only do so much.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Doc is gonna get heat for it but Embiid and Curry were the only ones balling out. The coach can only do so much.
I don't have the heart to watch it again, but how many times did they score after a timeout?
I only remember the turnovers and long 2s that clanked....

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have the heart to watch it again, but how many times did they score after a timeout?
I only remember the turnovers and long 2s that clanked....
They can win 2 in a row and win the series but Simmons has to be more aggressive and the bench needs to step up. Thybulle took just 2 shots.....WTF? The bench made just 4 of 14 FGA's. That won't get it done.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harris also, didn't realize he made just 2 of 11 FGA's.....he was like the Invisible Man. And he's more likely to step up than Simmons.....IMO.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harris also, didn't realize he made just 2 of 11 FGA's.....he was like the Invisible Man. And he's more likely to step up than Simmons.....IMO.
Simmons is who he is. The bench is hot and cold from one day to the next. But Tobias is supposed to be that piece that you can pencil in for an efficient 20 every night out. He didn’t want the ball and played an overall shitty game. From a scoring perspective he’s the major malfunction from last night. The Ben stuff is perpetually an issue. It wasn’t a “let u down” kind of spot. That’s just who he is.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And as Capela had suggested...Embiid was gassed at the end of the game. So even he was faltering down the stretch.

Doc has to figure something out with Simmons too. The guy is way too good on defense to bench him in a close game...but you can't have him out there on offense because he can't hit a free throw. That's gonna be tough to do.

I heard an interesting comparison of him to Shaq (and it translates to Giannis too). Shaq had his struggles, but you never saw him avoid the ball because he was scared to go to the free throw line. He would still set up where he was supposed to and still demand the ball. The end result was that he could often overcome his free throw struggles and as he used to say "hit them when it mattered". Because of that, teams eventually stopped the Hack-A-Shaq (or at least used it a lot less).

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as Capela had suggested...Embiid was gassed at the end of the game. So even he was faltering down the stretch.

Doc has to figure something out with Simmons too. The guy is way too good on defense to bench him in a close game...but you can't have him out there on offense because he can't hit a free throw. That's gonna be tough to do.

I heard an interesting comparison of him to Shaq (and it translates to Giannis too). Shaq had his struggles, but you never saw him avoid the ball because he was scared to go to the free throw line. He would still set up where he was supposed to and still demand the ball. The end result was that he could often overcome his free throw struggles and as he used to say "hit them when it mattered". Because of that, teams eventually stopped the Hack-A-Shaq (or at least used it a lot less).
Simmons issues are worse. He just doesn’t want the ball late in games. He has no role in the half court in the playoffs. For an “All Star” and max player that’s unacceptable.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shaq was also pretty good in the clutch when it came to FT's......the first 3 quarters no, but in the 4th he'd come through.....if I recall correctly.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons is who he is. The bench is hot and cold from one day to the next. But Tobias is supposed to be that piece that you can pencil in for an efficient 20 every night out. He didn’t want the ball and played an overall shitty game. From a scoring perspective he’s the major malfunction from last night. The Ben stuff is perpetually an issue. It wasn’t a “let u down” kind of spot. That’s just who he is.
Simmons averaged just 4 FGA's in the reg and postseason? Really?

Pretty sure that's not right.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons averaged just 4 FGA's in the reg and postseason? Really?

Pretty sure that's not right.
His playoff track record has been a number of games where he only takes 4, 5 shots.

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons has more missed FTs than some playoff teams do. He should start shooting them with his eyes closed. It couldn’t hurt and he might even be able to get to 50%.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons has more missed FTs than some playoff teams do. He should start shooting them with his eyes closed. It couldn’t hurt and he might even be able to get to 50%.
He’ll never even be decent until he scraps shooting with his off hand (his left) and trains himself to shoot with his dominant hand. Will that happen? Likely not because that would be really difficult. But if I’m Ben Simmons I hate my stupid old man for switching me up as a youngster and destroying any chance I had of being a guy with a shot.

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons is the player to blame for this choke job.

Embiid and Curry can't do it alone. 4 FGA's is embarrassing and 4 of 14 from the FT line is abysmal.
E81DDB1F-506D-461D-A12F-50A6DFDC3311.jpeg

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His playoff track record has been a number of games where he only takes 4, 5 shots.
He's averaging 8.5 FGA's so 4 is under his average this postseason. He needs to do more than that in the next game.

You're welcome.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's averaging 8.5 FGA's so 4 is under his average this postseason. He needs to do more than that in the next game.

You're welcome.
Thanks brother much appreciated.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Doc get fired if they lose this series? I'll do it.