• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Philadelphia Sixers vs Atlanta Hawks

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In addition to falling asleep on defense in the 4th qtr, the Sixers basically lost tonight the same way they lost game 4.
Terrible free throw shooting...mainly by Ben Simmons in both games. ( 4 for 14 tonight) (1 for 5 in game 4)
Dude is horrid from the line...and that's become a huge liability.

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, looks like I severely underestimated the Atlanta Hawks.

They are a lot better than I thought.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I’m hear to eat my crow. Thank God there are no Hawks fans here. I still can’t believe what I’m witnessing. There’s enough data to say Tobias Harris and Ben Simmons aren’t playoff players. They need to go but I don’t know what they’ll bring back.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
brett brown nba GIF by Bleacher Report

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What were the Rockets requesting for Harden again? Was it just Simmons and another player?
Word was there was nothing the Sixers could package. They were used to get more from the Nets. They were never going to send something to help out Morey.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we're back on hating Ben?
He’s a great defensive player and a great transition player. But transition opportunities aren’t there as much in the playoffs and Simmons is useless in the half court. You’re essentially playing 4 on 5. He needs to go. I’m glad that Morey doesn’t have relationships with any of these guys longer than 9-10 months. He’s in a position to do the right thing.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s a great defensive player and a great transition player. But transition opportunities aren’t there as much in the playoffs and Simmons is useless in the half court. You’re essentially playing 4 on 5. He needs to go. I’m glad that Morey doesn’t have relationships with any of these guys longer than 9-10 months. He’s in a position to do the right thing.

You're my favorite Sixers fan

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're my favorite Sixers fan
On an absolutely shit day, you’ve made me smile bro. Appreciate it. I need to grow up. I’m 45 years old and sports has me experiencing the 7 stages of grief. That’s mother fucking sad. At the same time, it’s real. I actually bought in with this group. Feel like I’m back in FR year of HS and I walk into homeroom and everybody but me knew my girlfriend fucked some guy named Lefty over the weekend. (True story by the way haha.)

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be worse.

You could be a Wizards fan.
I would argue this is worse because the Wizards experience don’t come with the expectations of a number 1 seed and MVP candidate. I have one worse experience as a sports fan than this one. I graduated from Saint Joseph’s University and in 2004 little St Joe’s is undefeated and a number 1 seed. I’m in attendance at the Meadowlands for the Elite 8 game vs Oklahoma St. St Joe blows a 19 point lead and loses on a scramble play that leads to a corner three from Crackhead Johnny Lucas’ kid. I drove home that day, an hour and 45 minute drive in utter and complete silence. Didn’t even have the radio on. My wife who was with me says today, it’s the only time in our relationship of 22 years that she was scared of me because of how silent I was.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would argue this is worse because the Wizards experience don’t come with the expectations of a number 1 seed and MVP candidate. I have one worse experience as a sports fan than this one. I graduated from Saint Joseph’s University and in 2004 little St Joe’s is undefeated and a number 1 seed. I’m in attendance at the Meadowlands for the Elite 8 game vs Oklahoma St. St Joe blows a 19 point lead and loses on a scramble play that leads to a corner three from Crackhead Johnny Lucas’ kid. I drove home that day, an hour and 45 minute drive in utter and complete silence. Didn’t even have the radio on. My wife who was with me says today, it’s the only time in our relationship of 22 years that she was scared of me because of how silent I was.

I hear you. Certainly a case to be made. Getting close and coming ups short is a lot harder to take.

The flip side though, the Wizards last won a title a couple months before I was born in 1978. Since then, they have never once been a legitimate contender.

And it isn’t like they play in some terrible market that can’t attract talent.

Washington DC is in that same tier as Philly. Establish the right culture and get a couple stars that people want to team up with, and you can get a top FA. It isn’t New York, LA or Miami, so the culture matters even more, but my franchise has failed to deliver for my entire lifetime. Haven’t even been close.

To me, that is worse.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you. Certainly a case to be made. Getting close and coming ups short is a lot harder to take.

The flip side though, the Wizards last won a title a couple months before I was born in 1978. Since then, they have never once been a legitimate contender.

And it isn’t like they play in some terrible market that can’t attract talent.

Washington DC is in that same tier as Philly. Establish the right culture and get a couple stars that people want to team up with, and you can get a top FA. It isn’t New York, LA or Miami, so the culture matters even more, but my franchise has failed to deliver for my entire lifetime. Haven’t even been close.

To me, that is worse.
Yeah, that’s a rough existence I agree. Not sure which method of sports death I would prefer.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On an absolutely shit day, you’ve made me smile bro. Appreciate it. I need to grow up. I’m 45 years old and sports has me experiencing the 7 stages of grief. That’s mother fucking sad. At the same time, it’s real. I actually bought in with this group. Feel like I’m back in FR year of HS and I walk into homeroom and everybody but me knew my girlfriend fucked some guy named Lefty over the weekend. (True story by the way haha.)
Lefty LOL

But props to you when I was a high school freshman I was way behind you...

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lefty LOL

But props to you when I was a high school freshman I was way behind you...
She was at a friend’s family’s Christmas Party. The friends older brother was home from college and his buddy Lefty was there. She got drunk and gave up the poonanny to a college guy. Horrible experience getting cucked like that. I went to a small Catholic high school of about 800 kids. It took about 36 hours for everyone to know but me haha. My boy ended up telling me at 1st period.