• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round:Milwaukee Bucks vs Miami Heat

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically you are ripping him for being wrong about a team for which he has an agenda, when you were also wrong and they are your own team?

and so was I...I had Bucks in 6.

He's not the only one ripping him. And he deserves everything he gets. You missed alotta the outright BS he was spewing, especially when LeBron returned to the Cavs. He runs his mouth. And when he's proven wrong he disappears.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not the only one ripping him. And he deserves everything he gets. You missed alotta the outright BS he was spewing, especially when LeBron returned to the Cavs. He runs his mouth. And when he's proven wrong he disappears.
No disagreement overall...but in THIS instance he had the same pick as the person who is ripping him. and he was the one who had no faith in his own team.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes perfect sense.

the team with the best record in the NBA is the team to beat until they are actually beaten. Which is what I have said from the start.

Last I checked, it takes 4 wins (not 3) to win a series.

So until the Heat finish the job and get that 4th win, the Bucks are the team to beat.
Not really a hard concept to understand IMO.

He sees it as a slight to his team, though, which it is not.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when the Cavs lost LeBron and TT said Cavs were still the team to beat, you thought that it made sense?
It's one thing to still call the current champs the current champs, even though you know it's only until the next season ends. That's far different than saying the current champs are the team to beat, when you know they have no chance.

This isn't that hard. The team up 3-0 in a currently being played series is the team to beat 100% of the time.

Fair, but hopefully you can see this is a little different scenario. Just semantics, really. "Team to beat" and favorite not really the same.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I

Two different things isn't a technicality.

Yes they were EC champs until they didn't even make the playoffs.

They were never in the same sentence as 'team to beat' once LeBron left.

This isn't that hard. The team up 3-0 in a currently being played series is the team to beat 100% of the time.
they are the favorite.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Painful as a Sixers fan watching Jimmy Buckets dominate like this, knowing we could have kept him if we showed him a little more love and money.
No doubt Philly messed up the fit on this team. Can't say I know if Butler wanted to return but if he did and Philly would prefer Harris/Horford to Butler/Redick they messed up bigtime.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No disagreement overall...but in THIS instance he had the same pick as the person who is ripping him. and he was the one who had no faith in his own team.

So because of that he shouldn't be reminded of all the incorrect shit-talking he's done over the years?

And that's not having faith in your own team. That was being smart. Who was the heavy favorite going into the series? Pretty sure it was the team that has the defending league MVP and that has been to the playoff the previous four years. Compared to a Heat team that didn't make the playoffs last year.

You know I'm a Celtics fan. But when this series started because of the Hayward injury if I was betting I would have bet the Raptors would advance to the ECF. So does that mean I have no faith in my team because I'm being realistic?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically you are ripping him for being wrong about a team for which he has an agenda, when you were also wrong and they are your own team?

and so was I...I had Bucks in 6.

His end result was same as my prediction, but he thought the Heat would be totally overmatched and said healthy Pacers probably beat Heat.
I’ve said all along that Heat can give any team a tough series.

Were talking Wiggy. The person who claims Riley and Butler are washed up.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His end result was same as my prediction, but he thought the Heat would be totally overmatched and said healthy Pacers probably beat Heat.

Didn't he also say the Cavs would turn things around before the Heat?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So because of that he shouldn't be reminded of all the incorrect shit-talking he's done over the years?

And that's not having faith in your own team. That was being smart. Who was the heavy favorite going into the series? Pretty sure it was the team that has the defending league MVP and that has been to the playoff the previous four years. Compared to a Heat team that didn't make the playoffs last year.

You know I'm a Celtics fan. But when this series started because of the Hayward injury if I was betting I would have bet the Raptors would advance to the ECF. So does that mean I have no faith in my team because I'm being realistic?
Not sure I'd remind him of past mistakes if the current mistake I was accusing him of was one I also made. ...but I get what you are saying.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and for that he was wrong....but you were both wrong about this series. Him with an agenda, you with no faith in your team.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might have, but I thought it was they'd do it quicker than the Heat did (this is year 6 since Lebron left).

I thought they might, but expected better lottery luck (as opposed to near worst luck imaginable).

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming we don't lose 4 in a row, there is no doubt in my mind that the winner of the Boston/Toronto series will be a much tougher opponent than what we've seen from Bubble Bucks.

Oh, I agree. Both have significant coaching upgrades, along with significant experience.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I agree. Both have significant coaching upgrades, along with significant experience.
significant coaching upgrades? wasn't Bud considered at least a solid coach before this series?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He said Cavs in post 5 years LeBron would be better than Heat post 5 years LeBron.