• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Cleveland Cavs vs Toronto Raptors

Who wins? How many games?

• Cavs in 5 or less.

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Raptors in 5 or less.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Cavs in 6 or 7.

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Raptors in 6 or 7.

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Potato Salad.

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey hey slugger!!! just wanted to drop you a line since i havent communicated/read/care about any of the assumed LBJ bullshit you are spouting

but- shit brah-- just cant help my self- i gotta know---- how you are enjoying those playoffs so far?

HAHAHAHAH

8-0

well....im sure ill catch ya again a few weeks!

Enjoy The King and his continued historical performances!!

toodles! ;)
Toodles?? Is this the Mickey Mouse club or something?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ive been beating the Bucks/Celtics drums as the biggest long time threats to the Cavs in the East for a while....

Bucks- if things can break right and they make a couple good moves could be awfully awfully tough- especially defensively.

they need experience and shooting. They need to be in some more battles. They WILL NOT get LeBron the first time they face him in the playoffs though- thats a GUARANTEE...maybe a couple/few years down the road--- but not anytime in the near future.

They will have to take their lumps for a few years- and wait until lebron gets passed 35 in order to have a chance.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think he has been reading this message board quite a bit. LOL.

You must also agree with him, because if not you'd go on record and say the Cavs will win.
Anyway, games 1 & 2, Utah really had no chance.
You always expect to see a teams best effort in game 3.
Bottom line, Warriors have far superior talent.
It is what it is.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Draymond... the Warriors are handling the Jazz with ease because the Warriors are just that good, whereas the Cavs handled the Raptors with ease because the Raptors are just bad. He said the Jazz are competing but the Raptors didn't.

Green wishes Cavs had better competition
I mean it is kinda true. Has been in the Eastern Conf for quite some time. I mean if you look at their records they were the exact same in the reg season yet Utah was only the 5th seed where Toronto was the 3rd seed.

I couldn't believe when people said this team would push the Cavs to 7 games. I didn't predict a sweep but thought for sure 5 games was the max. They couldn't even do that. SMH

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ive been beating the Bucks/Celtics drums as the biggest long time threats to the Cavs in the East for a while....

Bucks- if things can break right and they make a couple good moves could be awfully awfully tough- especially defensively.

they need experience and shooting. They need to be in some more battles. They WILL NOT get LeBron the first time they face him in the playoffs though- thats a GUARANTEE...maybe a couple/few years down the road--- but not anytime in the near future.

They will have to take their lumps for a few years- and wait until lebron gets passed 35 in order to have a chance.

Pretty sure you had Bobcats and Pistons on that list.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hes has some stinkers annually.
I'm sure he does (I didn't really watch Tor throughout the season) but you have to give him credit for showing up during this series. Poor thing just didn't have any help, literally.

If I'm Tor I think about letting Lowry go & finding other/more talent for the money. If they max him this will be their team going forward for at least the next 4/5 seasons. And they've regressed this post season vs. last year.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats the thing.....

there is a tipping point- where if the roster gets good enough- they could lure a big time free agent.

I mean- say they trade for Jimmy Butler.

If Blake Griffin is thinking about signing outside of LAC (which for all accounts he isnt)- doesnt he all of a sudden have to think about it?

what if they deal NEXT years brooklyn pick, brown and smart and another first rounder for Butler or George

all of a sudden you still have - lets say Fultz, Thomas, Crowder, Bradley, Horford, Butler--- and can carve out max room for Griffin

its not a HUGE stretch to imagine they have something like:

PG- IT/Fultz
SG- Butler/Bradley
SF- Crowder
PF- Griffin
C- Horford

My inside sources (which are often wrong) told me the Celtics will offer their 1st round pick & a free lifetime RnR HOF pass to Ainge for Tristan:yes: & James Jones. Now that's a deal that nobody in their right mind would turn down.

In all honesty though all of the off season stuff is too far off to even think about right now. And while it would be nice to see the Celtics advance to ECF it won't make a damn difference. Neither the Celtics or Wizards are beating the Cavs.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean it is kinda true. Has been in the Eastern Conf for quite some time. I mean if you look at their records they were the exact same in the reg season yet Utah was only the 5th seed where Toronto was the 3rd seed.

I couldn't believe when people said this team would push the Cavs to 7 games. I didn't predict a sweep but thought for sure 5 games was the max. They couldn't even do that. SMH

I'll give you that, you've been consistent the last couple rounds that these teams wouldn't pose any threat to the Cavs. Its refreshing compared to the double-speak we get from other posters.

You had it more correct than I did. I think I said Cavs in 6.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give you that, you've been consistent the last couple rounds that these teams wouldn't pose any threat to the Cavs. Its refreshing compared to the double-speak we get from other posters.

agreed

double speak. lol

the DEfense sucks and makes them vulnerable- but they will win the East easily!

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep everywhere. Even in the airport to get you started as soon as you land, or give you your last fix before you leave. LOL

Good call about the airport. Forgot about that place.

Reactions: LAD

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Touche' my friend!

I am no Cavs fan, but have to keep it 100 & call em as I see em! :suds:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My inside sources (which are often wrong) told me the Celtics will offer their 1st round pick & a free lifetime RnR HOF pass to Ainge for Tristan:yes: & James Jones. Now that's a deal that nobody in their right mind would turn down.

In all honesty though all of the off season stuff is too far off to even think about right now. And while it would be nice to see the Celtics advance to ECF it won't make a damn difference. Neither the Celtics or Wizards are beating the Cavs.
seriously- if you swapped Amir Johnson for TT the Celtics would def. beat the Wiz....he would solve so many of the Celtics rebounding/switching/frontcourt issues. he would be great playing next to Big Al.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure you had Bobcats and Pistons on that list.
i did like those 2 teams- but not nearly as much as the Celts and Bucks long term

you could see a couple seasons ago all the assets the Celtics were acquiring--- and Stevens is a very good coach.

and of course- for the Bucks- Giannis is amazing- one of the best young players in the league- and add in guys like PArker, Middleton etc...

I mean- wouldnt you agree?

Celts and Bucks look to be the 2 teams in the East that have a prayer in the next 2-3 years in the East?

I will have to say- i didnt include the Wiz- but they prob deserve to be #4 in the EAst in a long term out look.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i did like those 2 teams- but not nearly as much as the Celts and Bucks long term

you could see a couple seasons ago all the assets the Celtics were acquiring--- and Stevens is a very good coach.

and of course- for the Bucks- Giannis is amazing- one of the best young players in the league- and add in guys like PArker, Middleton etc...

I mean- wouldnt you agree?

Celts and Bucks look to be the 2 teams in the East that have a prayer in the next 2-3 years in the East?

I will have to say- i didnt include the Wiz- but they prob deserve to be #4 in the EAst in a long term out look.

At this point, gotta wait until FA is over to evaluate.
As of today, I dont disagree with you except I would have loved to see what a healthy Heat could have done and I think Wiz are biggest current threats.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed

double speak. lol

the DEfense sucks and makes them vulnerable- but they will win the East easily!

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

Its actually correct.
When they lose in 5 to the Warriors, it will be because the Warriors have a much better defense.