• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Chicago Bulls vs Cleveland Cavaliers

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised to see a shakeup with the Bulls after this season. This series shouldn't be tied up 2-2, but the Bulls offensive struggles have always been a concern, and it's not due to the Cavs' defense given that the Bulls are missing wide open shots. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Cavs make the Finals considering this is the hardest match up for them in the East.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not what I'm saying.
If I need a PLAYER to score, I have no issue with Kyrie being the player with the ball and taking the shot.
If I need a PG to make the best play for a team to get a score, there are numerous ones I'm taking over Kyrie.

Well of course. Lebron is that guy just like DRose is that guy for the Bulls.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised to see a shakeup with the Bulls after this season. This series shouldn't be tied up 2-2, but the Bulls offensive struggles have always been a concern, and it's not due to the Cavs' defense given that the Bulls are missing wide open shots. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Cavs make the Finals considering this is the hardest match up for them in the East.

I think the players are all ready prepared for the coaching change. Hoiberg seems to be ready to come to chicago as soon as Paxson drops the ax. I am not sure even the title would keep Thibbs here, and the terrible relationship with the front office you wonder why he would want to stay.

I know that Jimmy is stuck as a RFA, but with the Lakers making it known he is gonna get offered a max deal, you wonder what pressure might get put on the organization. Will some insane offer like Asik got from Houston be in the cards for Jimmy? An offer the bulls just cannot match? Jimmy bet on himself this year, he claims both he and the bulls won the gamble, but some insane contract might make it impossible to swallow Rose and Butlers salary and keep players around them. We all know that LeBrons deal is basically got one year left when the max numbers are supposed to skyrocket. Could a team offer Jimmy a one year deal for 22 million and let him gamble on himself again?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bulls still have a very good shot to win this, especially if Kyrie is still hobbled. He is a key, Lebron will have to put up another 35 shots and the Cavs will have to play great defense to win
Yes but that last game was important because Cavs didn't shoot well from the 3. When that happens u have to beat them. Plus they didn't have a great day getting offensive rebounds. Bulls let this one slip away. I bet Cavs have another lights out night. So the Bulls need to win the other 2 games but they are also due to have another bad offensive game. So as a Bulls fan let hope the night the cavs are on fire the Bulls aren't shooting well.

Best of 3 now. Lets see what happens. Should be fun.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the players are all ready prepared for the coaching change. Hoiberg seems to be ready to come to chicago as soon as Paxson drops the ax. I am not sure even the title would keep Thibbs here, and the terrible relationship with the front office you wonder why he would want to stay.

I know that Jimmy is stuck as a RFA, but with the Lakers making it known he is gonna get offered a max deal, you wonder what pressure might get put on the organization. Will some insane offer like Asik got from Houston be in the cards for Jimmy? An offer the bulls just cannot match? Jimmy bet on himself this year, he claims both he and the bulls won the gamble, but some insane contract might make it impossible to swallow Rose and Butlers salary and keep players around them. We all know that LeBrons deal is basically got one year left when the max numbers are supposed to skyrocket. Could a team offer Jimmy a one year deal for 22 million and let him gamble on himself again?

Teams are restricted by the CBA in regards to maximum contracts that they can offer to their free agents and other team's free agents. I'm pretty sure teams can't make an offer like you are suggesting. It's much harder to steal away RFAs now (refer to the Gilbert Arenas rule).

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But even in this case, Rose is more likely to shoot and Lebron is more likely to drive and kick to an open shooter.
I agree with this. Most cases LBJ has passed the ball but like he said he was taking the shot. It was a great shot. I thought Butler could of done a little better job or Gibson could of helped but they didn't oh well.

Game 5 is BIG for the Bulls. This series might just be where no team wins back to back game and if that is the case its favors the Bulls.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs just need to survive this series. If they can survive this series and start getting healthy they have a real shot at this despite no Love and no Varejao- what team could lose 35 million in arguably its 2 best big men, THEN have their 2nd best player sustain an injury that has hobbled him, had two of their best role players-one get hurt, - one get suspended...

Its been a ton of challenges one after the next for the Cavs and thus far they have survived to make it 2-2 and push some of the pressure back on Chicago.

Lets hope they can start getting healthy and do some good things tomorrow night.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs just need to survive this series. If they can survive this series and start getting healthy they have a real shot at this despite no Love and no Varejao- what team could lose 35 million in arguably its 2 best big men, THEN have their 2nd best player sustain an injury that has hobbled him, had two of their best role players-one get hurt, - one get suspended...

Its been a ton of challenges one after the next for the Cavs and thus far they have survived to make it 2-2 and push some of the pressure back on Chicago.

Lets hope they can start getting healthy and do some good things tomorrow night.

Why would I hope for that?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is Lakers are going to offer Max deal to Butler. Well someone should tell them No way the Bulls let him get away. I do think Bulls will trade Gibson after this year or Noah. One will go.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the winner of this series will go to the Finals but I don't think the Cavs can beat the team from the west.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is Lakers are going to offer Max deal to Butler. Well someone should tell them No way the Bulls let him get away. I do think Bulls will trade Gibson after this year or Noah. One will go.

The Lakers won't be the only team interested in Butler. I agree, though, that the Bulls match any offer for him.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers won't be the only team interested in Butler. I agree, though, that the Bulls match any offer for him.
I just want to see Butler work extra hard on his 3 ball this offseason. Thats his next step. He is ok right now but if he can get better Bulls will be scary good on offense. Rose loves to kick out.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to see Butler work extra hard on his 3 ball this offseason. Thats his next step. He is ok right now but if he can get better Bulls will be scary good on offense. Rose loves to kick out.

You would hope every player works hard in the off-season to improve their games. Butler appears to be a hard worker.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Probably.

Wouldn't you agree though that the EC this year is ending up to be easier then any of the Heats Big 3 years?

Cavs have been far from great, yet you really never have that feeling that they can't win.

If the Heat would have played this level of basketball over the past few seasons they would have been taken out by more than likely the Bulls, Celts and for sure Pacers.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the last 2 games both teams have played like crap. LeBron going off doesn't worry me. the cavs role players hitting 3s does.

Yeah, I can see that. You go into the game expecting Lebron to put up big numbers and just hope to make him work for them. If he happens to have a bad game, that's just a bonus.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie has just zero explosion. It sucks that the only game of this series he was healthy- he played very well- but the rest of the team really didnt not play well and Chicago had its best game.

I have no clue what to expect from him going forward besides being a big liability on defense. He cant stay in front of anyone but like Dunleavy...its a shame.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wouldn't hate seeing the Lakers trade for Gibson. Love the way he plays.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Normally I'd agree. No way they'd let a player like Butler go. But this is the same team that's hellbent on running off the best coach its had since Phil so there's still like a 2% they do something stupid and let him walk