• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Chicago Bulls vs Cleveland Cavaliers

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re: The Cavs Got a Free Timeout

Why are so many people making a big deal about this?

1) It happens all the time. Why is this moment being singled out? Its happened already in these playoffs.

2) The Bulls didn't have a timeout left either... and I recall them huddling up around Thibbs and his clipboard

3) Turns out... the replay was necessary to get the clock right.

4) What a complicated play they pulled off, huh? So much motion, screens, picks... oh wait... nope. Everyone just stood there and watched LeBron.

5) With the way Blatt performed in this game... you could argue it was a disadvantage for the Cavs for both teams to spend that time with their coach. :dhd:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) It happens all the time. Why is this moment being singled out? Its happened already in these playoffs.

2) The Bulls didn't have a timeout left either... and I recall them huddling up around Thibbs and his clipboard

4) What a complicated play they pulled off, huh? So much motion, screens, picks... oh wait... nope. Everyone just stood there and watched LeBron.

5) With the way Blatt performed in this game... you could argue it was a disadvantage for the Cavs for both teams to spend that time with their coach. :dhd:

I didn't see the play, but I agree how could it matter?
Regardless of what was said, drawn up...James nixed it and just told the team to try to get him the ball.
He made the shot. It wasn't like it was easy.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also this game is the new poster child for dispelling the superstars get treatment myth

Last edited:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still cracking up that the idiot blatt did not draw up a play for LeBron on the final play. Dude had LeBron inbounding the ball. The man is in over his head

Dan Patrick said he thought Lebron should have gotten some votes for coach of the year. :lol:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep. If the Cavs got to go huddle around their coach and the Bulls didn't, then that argument would make sense. The Bulls had just as much opportunity to come up with a defense as the Cavs did to draw up a play. End of the day, the best player in the game took it upon himself to win the game for his team and did it.

Don't have to like it, just have to respect it. It's not like it was an easy shot either. Butler was right in his face and forced him to the corner. He just hit the damn shot. Just like Rose in game 3

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it appears that thibs was the one asking for the review :scratch:. I just don't understand why butler wasn't in bron's grill and why taj wasn't helping

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if you want to nitpick the Cavs probably should have been down. Not sure what the rules are when you call a TO without having one but it may be a T and the opponent get the ball. Blatt clearly should have been called for the T. Walked out on the floor and called timeout. He got soooo lucky
Yes Refs missed that big time.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it appears that thibs was the one asking for the review :scratch:. I just don't understand why butler wasn't in bron's grill and why taj wasn't helping

LeBron faked like he was going for a lob. That's what got him the separation from Butler.

Gibson definitely looked like he was instructed to stick with the inbounder. Thibbs was probably worried about a pass right back to Delly.... although I don't really think they should've been with less than 2 seconds left.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Refs missed that big time.

Some people are saying that the coach technically isn't allowed to call a TO when the ball is live... he can only instruct his players to call a TO? I don't know... I feel like I've seen coaches do that plenty of time, so if it is a rule I don't know if its followed.

The NBA's explanation this morning was that the refs... knowing there were no TO's for either team... correctly gave 100% of their attention to the court... and didn't notice his attempt.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron faked like he was going for a lob. That's what got him the separation from Butler.

Gibson definitely looked like he was instructed to stick with the inbounder. Thibbs was probably worried about a pass right back to Delly.... although I don't really think they should've been with less than 2 seconds left.

if taj helps LeBron likely doesn't get the ball because he was in the corner. I don't see any of the other 3 guys on the floor even thinking about passing

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OVerall LBJ hit a game winner after having another bad game. Credit to LBJ. It happens. I do think Bulls blew it and now I really think Cavs win this now. Bulls need to win Game 5 to have a shot. We should get Gasol back.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people are saying that the coach technically isn't allowed to call a TO when the ball is live... he can only instruct his players to call a TO? I don't know... I feel like I've seen coaches do that plenty of time, so if it is a rule I don't know if its followed.

The NBA's explanation this morning was that the refs... knowing there were no TO's for either team... correctly gave 100% of their attention to the court... and didn't notice his attempt.
Thats a fine reason but when the coach in on the court something needs to be call.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever.
From what I've seen/read since I got home, the Cavs were 1 missed TO call away from being down 3-1, and we would have heard James telling us that he can't have 8 TO's.
I think that stat is what he was closest to leading the league in this season?

Also, his shooting % is rapidly declining, his outside shooting is for the most part horrendous.

Yes, he's still a physical, athletic freak which allows him to still be successful , but come on.

His best days are now photos hanging in the hallway leading to the Heat locker room.

Gettng better as you get older in the NBA ends before you're past 30 and have logged 40,000+ minutes.

It show how clutch Lebron really is. He is playing bad in the series and shooting awful from outside--- 2/19 from 3 and he made that clutch shot.

You could also say that the Cavs could possibly be up 3-1 if Rose doesnt bank that shot and they go to OT.

Like I said before James isnt plaing well but he is willing is team to win without Love and now Irving is basically on the floor to shoot free throws.

He is in a shooting slump but rapidly declining lol. The fact is CHicago is playing good defense and most importantly good defense. It is a lot easier to when you have guys injured, now the shooting woes happen, he just needs to find his touch again. Hopefully that shot did it.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still cracking up that the idiot blatt did not draw up a play for LeBron on the final play. Dude had LeBron inbounding the ball. The man is in over his head

And people wonder why Lebron wanted to run the offense. Apparently Europe is a whole different world. He just needs to listen to Lebron for now lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.
Cavs FG% was horrible, Bulls was worse.
Cavs 20% 3pt shooting.
James 8TO's.
Bulls late 3rd qtr 11 pt lead, at home.

This is prob the game that will remembered as to why the Bulls make all types of changes this summer.

I guess they need more offense, the thing is they have a really good roster and good young talent as well. Maybe they are cursed from Lebron, well we will see how this series goes first.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The bold is where I think the Bulls messed up. I thought Butler defended the play pretty well. He was right there and forced him into the corner. It really wasn't a good shot, he just hit it. If they had Gibson or Noah there to double him, maybe they prevent him from getting the ball at all or force an even more difficult shot because of their length.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OVerall LBJ hit a game winner after having another bad game. Credit to LBJ. It happens. I do think Bulls blew it and now I really think Cavs win this now. Bulls need to win Game 5 to have a shot. We should get Gasol back.

The Bulls still have a very good shot to win this, especially if Kyrie is still hobbled. He is a key, Lebron will have to put up another 35 shots and the Cavs will have to play great defense to win

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bulls still have a very good shot to win this, especially if Kyrie is still hobbled. He is a key, Lebron will have to put up another 35 shots and the Cavs will have to play great defense to win

I could see this turning into the Clips/Spurs series where it goes 7 and home court doesn't mean a whole lot.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see this turning into the Clips/Spurs series where it goes 7 and home court doesn't mean a whole lot.

It very well could. It is so hard to tell going game to game who will come out and win. Both teams havent played their best. Just hoping Lebron has one of those games where he cant miss.