• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Chicago Bulls vs Cleveland Cavaliers

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When i was talking about how LeBron's most memorable moments may still be ahead of him- i was talking about like the shot he made today. Of course if they lose the series it means nothing- and the Bulls have looked great at times.

It is a 3 game series. Cleveland has home court but are banged up- no Love, no Varejao, Kyrie on one leg, Shumpert with the hamstring, ---not that Chicago isnt banged up as well with no Gasol, and Joakim allof a sudden forgetting how to make a layup

With Wall out- whoever wins this series is going to have no problem getting passed the next round.

IF Memphis can beat GSW the whole thing is wide freaking open.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When i was talking about how LeBron's most memorable moments may still be ahead of him- i was talking about like the shot he made today. Of course if they lose the series it means nothing- and the Bulls have looked great at times.

It is a 3 game series. Cleveland has home court but are banged up- no Love, no Varejao, Kyrie on one leg, Shumpert with the hamstring, ---not that Chicago isnt banged up as well with no Gasol, and Joakim allof a sudden forgetting how to make a layup

With Wall out- whoever wins this series is going to have no problem getting passed the next round.

Whatever.
From what I've seen/read since I got home, the Cavs were 1 missed TO call away from being down 3-1, and we would have heard James telling us that he can't have 8 TO's.
I think that stat is what he was closest to leading the league in this season?

Also, his shooting % is rapidly declining, his outside shooting is for the most part horrendous.

Yes, he's still a physical, athletic freak which allows him to still be successful , but come on.

His best days are now photos hanging in the hallway leading to the Heat locker room.

Gettng better as you get older in the NBA ends before you're past 30 and have logged 40,000+ minutes.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A lot of people who actually watch all the teams in the NBA play, and including me, felt Memphis had a more then legit chance this season.
When healthy, their roster is the type that succeeds in the playoffs.

I let the game 1 Warrior win totally change my perception.

Warriors are in big, big trouble IMO.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people who actually watch all the teams in the NBA play, and including me, felt Memphis had a more then legit chance this season.
When healthy, their roster is the type that succeeds in the playoffs.

I let the game 1 Warrior win totally change my perception.

Warriors are in big, big trouble IMO.

they looked so rattled, I think clips look damn good right now too. I don't know who is more terrifying right now

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they looked so rattled, I think clips look damn good right now too. I don't know who is more terrifying right now

I'll be pissed if Clippers make it.
No, I don't have anything against them.
I just wish that they or the Lakers would have made it the last couple of years.
I wanted to go to L.A. and watch James/Kobe or James/Paul,Griffin.
No offense to any players on the Spurs, but if I never have to see that Riverwalk again, it will be to soon.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wish that they or the Lakers would have made it the last couple of years.
No offense to any players on the Spurs, but if I never have to see that Riverwalk again, it will be to soon.
Living here in San Antonio for the past year, I couldn't agree with you more.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever.
From what I've seen/read since I got home, the Cavs were 1 missed TO call away from being down 3-1, and we would have heard James telling us that he can't have 8 TO's.
I think that stat is what he was closest to leading the league in this season?

Also, his shooting % is rapidly declining, his outside shooting is for the most part horrendous.

Yes, he's still a physical, athletic freak which allows him to still be successful , but come on.

His best days are now photos hanging in the hallway leading to the Heat locker room.

Gettng better as you get older in the NBA ends before you're past 30 and have logged 40,000+ minutes.

Well, let me ask you this; do you think Miami Heat would still have loved to have Le Bron James in their line up this season since according to you his best days are now photos hanging in the hallway. And why did the Heat put full court press to make him re-sign or is it the case of sour grapes?

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i want GS or Memphis... hate both Clips and houston... sooooo thats an awkward situation haha

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still cracking up that the idiot blatt did not draw up a play for LeBron on the final play. Dude had LeBron inbounding the ball. The man is in over his head

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago has no one to blame but themselves. Cleveland went something like 2-19 on a stretch in the 3rd and Chicago didn't show the killer instinct champions do. The Bulls during the same stretch missed something like 6 lay ups, which would have doubled their lead and crushed Cleveland.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Living here in San Antonio for the past year, I couldn't agree with you more.

We,, you could always go spend 10 minutes checking out the Alamo.

Liberal Ico: 6601823 said:
Well, let me ask you this; do you think Miami Heat would still have loved to have Le Bron James in their line up this season since according to you his best days are now photos hanging in the hallway. And why did the Heat put full court press to make him re-sign or is it the case of sour grapes?

Of course they would have.*
I never said he wasn't the best player in the league.
I'm saying the gap has greatly narrowed and he isn't getting better, while the elite chasing him are.

*He signed multiple year extension. I was always against annual opt outs.
Also, the Heat as constructed, were stale. If he had stayed, something needed to change. Im not sure what or how it could/would have been done.

And, as far as full court press, Gilbert was all in to sign him in 2010, then the hour he left, he publicly writes a statement saying that James was a quitter, loser, blah,blah, blah.
If he felt he was all of that, then why was he originally trying to keep him, and then why give him the keys to the franchise to bring him back?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago has no one to blame but themselves. Cleveland went something like 2-19 on a stretch in the 3rd and Chicago didn't show the killer instinct champions do. The Bulls during the same stretch missed something like 6 lay ups, which would have doubled their lead and crushed Cleveland.

Exactly.
Cavs FG% was horrible, Bulls was worse.
Cavs 20% 3pt shooting.
James 8TO's.
Bulls late 3rd qtr 11 pt lead, at home.

This is prob the game that will remembered as to why the Bulls make all types of changes this summer.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the bottom line was the cavs had one stretch of almost 8 minutes with no field goals, the bulls had 2 stretches that long they could not score. The bulls cannot exploit Kyries injury, there were multiple times that either Taj or Butler was switched in the post with Kyrie and the bulls did not get them the ball. Its simple basketball that is getting missed.

The whole final time out for the review just blows. They had it right, allowed time to set up plays, set up defenses, the commentators made a good point, leave the players on the court when there are no time outs left. The bulls fought to make cleveland blow their time outs on the inbounds play at half court, then the cavs get the time to huddle on a last second shot. Sure Rose went for the tie early, but they needed to have a chance if he missed. The bulls somehow got alot of time at the end of the game with no fouls to give, no time outs with that trap and double team and offensive foul call on james, just to get a free review time out at the end. Thats really something that needs to change. If you cant go look at goal tends on reviews, cant even see if a defenders feet were in the circle for an offensive foul or block call, but can stop the game in the critical time and allow teams to huddle is just not right.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

L.A. is an interesting town. if nothing else there's ALWAYS something to do here...

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see it. I will admit I haven't seen or remembered every single Lebron game, but every time he needs to make a clutch basket to win the game, he bricks it. He will never be the buzzer beater guy in the playoffs.

Do you mind finding these buzzer beaters Lebron has hit in big games? I'm not talking about draining a few shots in the final minutes of the game, I'm talking about scoring a bucket on their last possession to win the game. He's probably done it in the regular season a few times, but I'm willing to bet money he hasn't done it in the playoffs. Every time is see Lebron play he reminds me of a player who could've been one of the most talented ever, but he has 0 killer instinct.

Nope, still think im smart. I still think Lebrons weakness is hitting the clutch shot. I just understand Lebron got lucky a few times.

:whistle: