• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Chicago Bulls vs Cleveland Cavaliers

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like how this puts the pressure on the Bulls for the first time in the series- especially how after everyone is sayingthey blew the game yestserday-there is going to be a lot of pressure on them- it will be interesting to see how they respond tomorrow night.- it could really go both ways- nothing would surprise me.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It very well could. It is so hard to tell going game to game who will come out and win. Both teams havent played their best. Just hoping Lebron has one of those games where he cant miss.

Scary thing for the Bulls is that after the way he shot the last 2 games, he's probably due for one.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you believe we got JR and Shump for basically nothing? They have been huge for this team, great trade.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you believe we got JR and Shump for basically nothing? They have been huge for this team, great trade.

Very huge. If we didnt get them and still had Waiters this series would already be over. I hope they resign them both. And put together a pretty solid bench next year around them.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess they need more offense, the thing is they have a really good roster and good young talent as well. Maybe they are cursed from Lebron, well we will see how this series goes first.

On paper they look great, but paper champions often don't equate to on the court champions.

They have no excuse to have not have won this series if they don't.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scary thing for the Bulls is that after the way he shot the last 2 games, he's probably due for one.

the last 2 games both teams have played like crap. LeBron going off doesn't worry me. the cavs role players hitting 3s does.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JR saved the cavs in the 4th quarter.

His huge shots are overshadowed by the buzzer beater, but there's no chance for a buzzer beater without him.

Reminds me of LeBrons 4th quarter in the Ray Allen game 6 vs the spurs. Overshadowed, but more important

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Kyrie at 30-40% is better then the bench players....ok, but Wiggy keeps telling us they have a great bench...:nono:

are you freaking being serious?? They are already missing Varejao and Love off their team, Shumpert has a bum hamstring that has limited him after playing great in the first two games, Kyrie is limping around on one foot- any depth this team has is being tested every single minute out there. Just wipe Joakim Noah and Pau Gasol off the court and then have Jimmy Butler at 30%, and then have Dunleavy with a bad hamstring and the teams would be similarly situated--- obviously Gasol is out and seems unlikely for game 5 which does even it up a little bit but GEEZUS- i am extremely happy the Cavs are at even 2-2 right now considering the suspensions and injuries and a pull it out of my ass 35 foot bank shot.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you freaking being serious?? They are already missing Varejao and Love off their team, Shumpert has a bum hamstring that has limited him after playing great in the first two games, Kyrie is limping around on one foot- any depth this team has is being tested every single minute out there. Just wipe Joakim Noah and Pau Gasol off the court and then have Jimmy Butler at 30%, and then have Dunleavy with a bad hamstring and the teams would be similarly situated--- obviously Gasol is out and seems unlikely for game 5 which does even it up a little bit but GEEZUS- i am extremely happy the Cavs are at even 2-2 right now considering the suspensions and injuries and a pull it out of my ass 35 foot bank shot.

You should be happy.
Bulls had a noose around your neck towards the end of the 3tr.
Smith came up big, and the Bulls went into the drought II.
James hit a tough buzzer shot.
They willed their way to a nice win.
Is what it is.

All Im saying is that if Kyrie feels he is the teams best PG at 30-40%, then that's not saying much about the other PGs on the roster, correct?

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should be happy.
Is what it is.

All Im saying is that if Kyrie feels he is the teams best PG at 30-40%, then that's not saying much about the other PGs on the roster, correct?
Correct but I think he said it to try and prove he's mister tough guy and that he's going to lay it out for the team; even though it's probably hurting us :noidea:

Dellavedova has played well at the PG spot, I have no problem going with him

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bold is where I think the Bulls messed up. I thought Butler defended the play pretty well. He was right there and forced him into the corner. It really wasn't a good shot, he just hit it. If they had Gibson or Noah there to double him, maybe they prevent him from getting the ball at all or force an even more difficult shot because of their length.

If Gibson or Noah was there they probably would have gotten the lay up, but I agree, there was no reason to guard the imbounder that close.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should be happy.
Is what it is.

Its simple math, Irving is twice as good as most point guards, so 30-40% of 200% is really 60-80% of a mortal point guard. If the bulls would have exploited him on defense it could have been a different story. Shumpert was on rose, left JR and Kyrie guarding dunleavy, butler or gibson. Bulls just failed exploiting the mismatch. I have a feeling if they decide to, especially when Kyrie is on Gibson in the post, they will find a way to play without him.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its simple math, Irving is twice as good as most point guards, so 30-40% of 200% is really 60-80% of a mortal point guard. If the bulls would have exploited him on defense it could have been a different story. Shumpert was on rose, left JR and Kyrie guarding dunleavy, butler or gibson. Bulls just failed exploiting the mismatch. I have a feeling if they decide to, especially when Kyrie is on Gibson in the post, they will find a way to play without him.

Not so simple to me.
Kyrie isn't even the best PG in this series, injury aside.

Kyrie can get into a shooting zone, but great PG?

I've rarely seen anytime when I would say that.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so simple to me.
Kyrie isn't even the best PG in this series, injury aside.

Kyrie can get into a shooting zone, but great PG?

I've rarely seen anytime when I would say that.

We have seen he can be great, but a great playoff point guard now there is a difference. Rose has experience in the playoffs something Kyrie doesnt. We saw what Kyrie did in Game 1 when he was healthy, I have no doubts that if he was healthy this would be 3-1 Cleveland but injuries are part of the game.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have seen he can be great, but a great playoff point guard now there is a difference. Rose has experience in the playoffs something Kyrie doesnt. We saw what Kyrie did in Game 1 when he was healthy, I have no doubts that if he was healthy this would be 3-1 Cleveland but injuries are part of the game.

Not what I'm saying.
If I need a PLAYER to score, I have no issue with Kyrie being the player with the ball and taking the shot.
If I need a PG to make the best play for a team to get a score, there are numerous ones I'm taking over Kyrie.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not what I'm saying.
If I need a PLAYER to score, I have no issue with Kyrie being the player with the ball and taking the shot.
If I need a PG to make the best play for a team to get a score, there are numerous ones I'm taking over Kyrie.
I agree with that

Playmaker PG > Scoring PG

That's why Paul is the best in the league right now