• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Chicago Bulls vs Cleveland Cavaliers

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally I'd agree. No way they'd let a player like Butler go. But this is the same team that's hellbent on running off the best coach its had since Phil so there's still like a 2% they do something stupid and let him walk
Very true.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We,, you could always go spend 10 minutes checking out the Alamo.

Of course they would have.*
I never said he wasn't the best player in the league.
I'm saying the gap has greatly narrowed and he isn't getting better, while the elite chasing him are.

*He signed multiple year extension. I was always against annual opt outs.
Also, the Heat as constructed, were stale. If he had stayed, something needed to change. Im not sure what or how it could/would have been done.

And, as far as full court press, Gilbert was all in to sign him in 2010, then the hour he left, he publicly writes a statement saying that James was a quitter, loser, blah,blah, blah.
If he felt he was all of that, then why was he originally trying to keep him, and then why give him the keys to the franchise to bring him back?

Now, I am confused. Someone's whose best days are now photos hanging in the hallway is still in your opinion "the best player in the league?" I do not care what Gilbert did in 2010. I am talking with respect to what Miami Heat did to bring him back despite your assertion that his best days are photos on hallway.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, I am confused. Someone's whose best days are now photos hanging in the hallway is still in your opinion "the best player in the league?" I do not care what Gilbert did in 2010. I am talking with respect to what Miami Heat did to bring him back despite your assertion that his best days are photos on hallway.

Why is this so hard for you?
I think the peak of his prime occurred in Miami.
I don't think he was better this year then last year.
I don't think he was better last year, then the year before.
I highly doubt that next year he will be better then he was in his back to back MVP years here.
If he isn't, then his best days are exactly as I stated.

And as far as the best, as I stated before, he's went from easily the best to now arguably the best.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is this so hard for you?
I think the peak of his prime occurred in Miami.
I don't think he was better this year then last year.
I don't think he was better last year, then the year before.
I highly doubt that next year he will be better then he was in his back to back MVP years here.
If he isn't, then his best days are exactly as I stated.

And as far as the best, as I stated before, he's went from easily the best to now arguably the best.

Now, let us not shift the goal post here. You stated you still thought he was "the best player in the league." He is either the best or he is not. "Arguably" or "easily" does not cut it since you use the term the best in the league. Whether in the past or in some distant future his skills fade is neither here nor there.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, let us not shift the goal post here. You stated you still thought he was "the best player in the league." He is either the best or he is not. "Arguably" or "easily" does not cut it since you use the term the best in the league. Whether in the past or in some distant future his skills fade is neither here nor there.

What?

A few years ago, anyone who said that he wasn't the best was clearly wrong.

As of today, I still feel he is slightly the best, but if others don't , you have to respect and accept their opinions as valid.

Let's get back to the original point.

Wiggy said his best days are ahead of him.
I say no way. He's peaked.

So, IYO, which is it?
He's peaked or he's getting better?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This might be the biggest :L of a quote I've seen all year long

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CEv2s_6WAAENORz.jpg

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams are restricted by the CBA in regards to maximum contracts that they can offer to their free agents and other team's free agents. I'm pretty sure teams can't make an offer like you are suggesting. It's much harder to steal away RFAs now (refer to the Gilbert Arenas rule).

I am just referring to the Rockets getting Asik from the bulls with a stupid 2/25 million deal that the bulls would not match. There is a limit to the dollars and years, I think its 80 million for 5 years for the first max deal. I dont know if there is a limit to bonus money for all nba team, all star game, mvp votes, DPOY that raise the ante. I was just asking if its possible for someone to not offer a max deal that could pay him more per year. We are learning its kinda teetering back and forth with taking the guaranteed money or getting out of the deal after next season when max money is supposed to explode. I know the bulls offered Carmello the opt out and new max money deal when the stakes change, its why LeBron has the opt out to new max money. Will the bulls try to get it done for 5 years to make it seem like they are saving money where the outside deals add the opt out.

Anyway, back to the series. Gasol did no basketball practice yesterday, only treatment. Dont know if he tries to go tonight. At least it looks like it was just the bulls missing open shots not stellar defense from the cavs, but the bulls need to get ahead and stay ahead in this game and I hope the adjustment to small is made and Dunleavy and Niko might hit some shots tonight to open the floor for Jimmy and Derrick.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What?

A few years ago, anyone who said that he wasn't the best was clearly wrong.

As of today, I still feel he is slightly the best, but if others don't , you have to respect and accept their opinions as valid.

Let's get back to the original point.

Wiggy said his best days are ahead of him.
I say no way. He's peaked.

So, IYO, which is it?
He's peaked or he's getting better?

DEFINITELY agree with the bolded part...

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When a player is past the peak of their individual athleticism/ability... that does not mean their best days are behind them.

More often than not, they enjoy their greatest successes after that point. As athleticism declines... IQ, experience, team play continues to increase.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When a player is past the peak of their individual athleticism/ability... that does not mean their best days are behind them.

More often than not, they enjoy their greatest successes after that point. As athleticism declines... IQ, experience, team play continues to increase.

guess that remains to be seen. agree that the other attributes you mention would indeed rise...IF the player in question works hard to make it happen...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Go back to the PF with the rest of the dregs. Sports clearly isn't your thing.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all these ex-players claiming the series is over must have been mentally weak. cavs hold the advantage but to say the series is over is beyond dumb

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all these ex-players claiming the series is over must have been mentally weak. cavs hold the advantage but to say the series is over is beyond dumb

I agree. The winner today obviously is going to be in a great position... but even then... I can easily see either scenario as feasible.

If the Cavs win tonight... all the Bulls have to do is win a home game and they get an anything-can-happen game 7.

If the Bulls win tonight... the Cavs would be just 1 tough road win away from a game 7 at home.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well guys its Game Day and I am fired up. I am fired up. Its nice to see Rose back. He has been the best player in the 2nd rd of these playoffs. Good to see. We have 2 game buzzer shots. Great series. Most said it would be,

Lets Go Bulls get this win.