• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Boston Celtics vs Washington Wizards

Who ya got

• Celtics in 4 or 5

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Celtics in 6 or 7

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • Wiz in 4 or 5

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Wiz in 6 or 7

Votes: 12 32.4%

• Total voters

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that was a brutal mistake. That additional 1.8 seconds or whatever it was would have been huge. I noticed it right away. The foul came as soon as the ball arrived, in other words right as the clock started. They got screwed but have nobody but themselves to blame for not being aware and challenging it.

Agreed. And one of the coaches should have been paying more attention.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. And one of the coaches should have been paying more attention.

I see NFL coaches fuck up game clock management all the time, wasn't sure it happened in the NBA. It was so obvious, how could nobody catch it?

By the way I was not aware that they can overturn a bad call on replay. I'm talking about Wall's charge. Even though it was a critical call that they corrected I'm not sure I like that idea of overturning bad calls as they review something else (defender outside the circle in this case).

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$10 says that if the Wizards win tonight, we'll see some story from the media about how the Wizards were so confident that they came prepared with their bags packed for Cleveland - even though they pretty much have to and any team would do that regardless of how confident they are.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah what happened in 1957 clearly has a bearing on tonight's game.

Boston is shooting over 50% in 3 home games, way under that in road losses again the same bad defense. The guy who claimed the home team doesn't always play better at home simply has not been paying attention, this is pretty common. I see no reason for that to change, I see the Celtics winning big.

I'm proud of my team either way. They were one of the last 5 teams standing with a bright future, it's been a long time since Wizards/Bullets fans had this much optimism.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah what happened in 1957 clearly has a bearing on tonight's game.

Boston is shooting over 50% in 3 home games, way under that in road losses again the same bad defense. The guy who claimed the home team doesn't always play better at home simply has not been paying attention, this is pretty common. I see no reason for that to change, I see the Celtics winning big.

I'm proud of my team either way. They were one of the last 5 teams standing with a bright future, it's been a long time since Wizards/Bullets fans had this much optimism.

I can tell you're not sensitive about the Wizards never even being in the ECF at all. I just posted a graphic, that was it.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope the Wizards win as I feel the provide a tougher matchup for Cleveland than Boston does but Boston will probably blow them out. Wizards road performance have been lousy to say the least.

With as much Rest as the Cavs got though maybe it doesn't matter. The winner of this series wont have much in the tank to deal with Cleveland

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think between these two teams, the wiz and the celts, along with the sixers soon enough, the east will have plenty to give to the aging Cavs (I hope) in the years to come

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see NFL coaches fuck up game clock management all the time, wasn't sure it happened in the NBA. It was so obvious, how could nobody catch it?

By the way I was not aware that they can overturn a bad call on replay. I'm talking about Wall's charge. Even though it was a critical call that they corrected I'm not sure I like that idea of overturning bad calls as they review something else (defender outside the circle in this case).
They were able to review that foul because the original call on the floor was a foul. If they don't call that before the whistle & go to replay to review something else they can't come back & call a foul after the review.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 7 predictions?

Game 7 tends to be low scoring games so I'm going Celtics 91 Wizards 86

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$10 says that if the Wizards win tonight, we'll see some story from the media about how the Wizards were so confident that they came prepared with their bags packed for Cleveland - even though they pretty much have to and any team would do that regardless of how confident they are.

LMAO so true. Why wouldn't you pack for 3 road games? It would make no sense to fly back to WSH tonight then off to Cleveland tomorrow with a game on Wednesday

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were able to review that foul because the original call on the floor was a foul. If they don't call that before the whistle & go to replay to review something else they can't come back & call a foul after the review.

Thanks. It was my impression that they reviews to check the circle right? And while reviewing that it gave them another look. So this is kind of an unusual circumstance? So if there was a no-call and the ball went out off bounds they can't review to see if it's a foul, they only reviewed this for another reason, specifically to see I the defender was in the circle? Have I got it right?

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can tell you're not sensitive about the Wizards never even being in the ECF at all. I just posted a graphic, that was it.

Yeah no problem but your graphic is kind of obvious no? Like putting up Albama's football history when compared to Wake Forest.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. It was my impression that they reviews to check the circle right? And while reviewing that it gave them another look. So this is kind of an unusual circumstance? So if there was a no-call and the ball went out off bounds they can't review to see if it's a foul, they only reviewed this for another reason, specifically to see I the defender was in the circle? Have I got it right?
They already knew it was a foul & called it as such. They reviewed it to clarify whether it was an offensive or defensive foul.

You are correct in the no-call, ball out of bounds situation. They can go back & review who last touched the ball but cannot call a foul after the fact based on the footage.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The weird thing about all of this from my perspective is I've been waiting for a lifetime for my team to have a real star. I know how this game is and without one you have no chance. We haven't had one since Elvin Hayes. It wasn't Jeff Ruland, Chris Weber, Gilbert Arenas, nope none of these guys qualified as the star who can carry a team.

So this year I finally bailed on the NBA. I see Kevin Durant sign with GS and I just said let's stop pretending this is a sport when we know how it turns out. And wouldn't you know it as soon as I do that my team finds its star.

I still feel that way about the NBA. My team is one of the last 5 standing. In any other sport I would at least have hope that they could win it all. But in the NBA? Not a chance.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They already knew it was a foul & called it as such. They reviewed it to clarify whether it was an offensive or defensive foul.

You are correct in the no-call, ball out of bounds situation. They can go back & review who last touched the ball but cannot call a foul after the fact based on the footage.

Then that is wrong IMO. I'm a big instant replay guy but to me it's for out of bounds, basket interference and not to correct a foul call that can be up to interpretation. If the NFL reviewed every flag it would be brutal. I'm not sure I like this idea but then again the idea is to get it right and they are much faster than the dumb asses in the NFL with their replay system.

What do you think?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best 2 words in sports. Pulling slightly for the Wizards, but really just hoping for a great game.