• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Boston Celtics vs Washington Wizards

Who ya got

• Celtics in 4 or 5

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Celtics in 6 or 7

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • Wiz in 4 or 5

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Wiz in 6 or 7

Votes: 12 32.4%

• Total voters

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But can't they retain his rights AKA the Larry Bird rule and retain him but at a higher max deal?

Yes.

I just remember Wall was really upset last off season. If Porter signs a big contract and the team does not reach out to at least offer Wall an extension, you never know how he might take it. I would not risk that.

If I were in charge, I would offer Wall a max extension after taking care of everyone else and then let him decide if he wants to sign it or wait a year. At least then, the ball would be in his court and he could not complain about not being the highest paid player on the team.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barnes can be the number 1 option on a bad team. A lot of guys can do that. So can Porter. Barnes may be better, he may not be. Still, if either guy is your best player, you are not sniffing the playoffs anytime soon.

It is also why guys like Kevin Love are overrated to this day.

I still prefer Love over Carmelo lol.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes.

I just remember Wall was really upset last off season. If Porter signs a big contract and the team does not reach out to at least offer Wall an extension, you never know how he might take it. I would not risk that.

If I were in charge, I would offer Wall a max extension after taking care of everyone else and then let him decide if he wants to sign it or wait a year. At least then, the ball would be in his court and he could not complain about not being the highest paid player on the team.

At first I was pissed at John Wall for being angry that Beal's deal turned out better. It's just the nature of sports, contracts always go higher in time. But he does have a very good point, when he is making the same money as Reggie Jackson, well.....

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never seen such a useless bunch of role players like I see on Washington. Its amazing they even got it to 7 (And could have won the series if not for blown leads on the Road).

If Washington can get productive role players they are in the finals for sure. Washington's "Big 2" are arguably just as good as any other Big 2 in the league. Their front office just needs to get their heads out of their ass and put some productive talent around them. They are sitting on a winning lottery ticket with their big 2.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never seen such a useless bunch of role players like I see on Washington. Its amazing they even got it to 7 (And could have won the series if not for blown leads on the Road).

If Washington can get productive role players they are in the finals for sure. Washington's "Big 2" are arguably just as good as any other Big 2 in the league. Their front office just needs to get their heads out of their ass and put some productive talent around them. They are sitting on a winning lottery ticket with their big 2.

This post is thoroughly wrong.

Wall is awesome. Beal is very good, but they are not as good as any big 2 in the league. Not even close.

Porter, Morris and Gortat are all high quality role players that any team would want. In fact, those 3 are every bit as important to the team's success as Beal is. The issues are bench depth, consistency of effort, and Scott Brooks is getting his butt kicked by stevens from a coaching standpoint.

The Wizard's starting 5 can hang with any other 5 in the league outside of Golden State.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Cavs - winner isnt until Wednesday so the WCF's will already have played 2 games LOL

Yep. Even though I think Cleveland beats Boston in 6. I love Boston chances of winning game 1 if they advance. Cleveland will be a bit rusty after having 9 days off and they won't have a home crowd to get energy from. If WSH advance then I think Cleveland win G1 because even though they may be a bit rusty, at least they will have their home fans to get energy from.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington needs to find a way to contain Bradley. 56 points in the last 2 games after just 44 points in the first 3 games

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington needs to find a way to contain Bradley. 56 points in the last 2 games after just 44 points in the first 3 games

Yeah I really wasn't expecting that. I still like the strategy of focusing on Isaiah, I mean that was a really bad 27 pts by going 8-24 and they're turning him over a bunch. But when the others make them pay it turns into a tough situation. I'd still rather give Bradley looks than allow IT to take over the game.

As for the Wiz role players it depends on who the real Otto Porter is. He was very good all season but a different player in the playoffs. Same with Mahinmi, he beat out Gortat during the season but is clearly struggling to return after a long layoff. Bench other than Bojan who is up and down, as is Jennings, they don't have much. That is the real issue.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This strange amount of extra rest really helps Washington.
I dont like picking against the home team in a game 7.....but we never see this much rest usually.

The Schedule makers are doing the Celtics zero favors.

Washington's Starting 5 can hang with anyone in the league.
But, they have weaker reserves/role players.

Extra rest will allow their superior starters to log far more minutes.
They probably should have won this series already were it not for their bench.

Just let Wall play every minute.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First time popping in this thread, to say that if Boston loses. I will be looking back to that turnover after that reversal to an offensive foul on Wall.

The game/series was just about over at that point. C's were up 5, with the ball and under a minute left. At a bare minimum, they were going to run the clock to about 30 seconds. With the potential to go up by 7, completely icing it.

Even if they didn't get a basket on that possession, and Washington goes down to get a quick two. They would still be in complete control, and if they make their free throws (which they have been doing in the post-season). Washington doesn't even get an opportunity.

Really a horrific/reckless mistake turning the ball over on that possession. Could mean their season...

Obviously, props to the Wiz for forcing it, and to Wall for hitting the biggest shot of his career.

Game 7 should be fun. I think it is a complete coin flip, and should once again come down to the final minutes.

:suds:

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter who wins.. Cleveland will roll over them unless the Wizards bring a level they Brought the first few games of the Celtics series. Boston is shit on the road IMO. Wizards aren't great either on the road but they have proven they can go on huge runs on the Road but can't sustain.

Celtics with HCA Over Cleveland essentially means nothing. .They will lose at least one of the first 2 at home. (Maybe both with the amount of rest Cleveland Is getting) . And get blown out on the Cavs HC.

Spurs are still much superior competition than either Boston or Washington. Even though I dont see the Warriors having too much of a problem with them. But the Warriors are playing so good they won't have problems with anyone all the way though

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This series has 2 more fucking days off??

Who comes up with this shit?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Proof the NBA doesn't want the Celtics to win this series...

last 2 minute report: clock error denied Celtics extra second to run final play

Dem muther fukers!:rant:

:exploding:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horrible layout of that series. 2 days off three different times. There is no reason they need two days off, no reason.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure it is an advantage for Washington to have the extra day. It sure doesn't make up for the schedule where they closed out Atalanta Friday night, then had to travel to Boston for a noon tip on Sunday. Boston played that Friday too but didn't have to travel, huge advantage for Boston.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Proof that no one wants the Celtics to win this series...

last 2 minute report: clock error denied Celtics extra second to run final play

Dem muther fukers!:rant:

:exploding:

fify

:dhd: