• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Boston Celtics vs Washington Wizards

Who ya got

• Celtics in 4 or 5

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Celtics in 6 or 7

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • Wiz in 4 or 5

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Wiz in 6 or 7

Votes: 12 32.4%

• Total voters

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His passion needs to carry over on the Celtics court though.
It baffles me how some teams are such night and day when home vs road.

To be fair to Washington, they only played 2 really poor road games in the playoffs. Game 3 in Atlanta and Game 5 in Boston. I don't think they played bad in game 1 of this series. Had a double digit lead in the 2nd half of game 2. So yeah I don't think they're playing that bad on the road. Just need to find a way to finish games on the road.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand it also, but it just drags on and on.
The real issue IMO is round 1.

Yeah and if they did a better job of scheduling meaning removing those 2 day breaks from earlier in the series then maybe game 7 could have been tomorrow and the ECF starting on Monday instead of Wednesday. I'm sorry but at the max there should only be a 2 day break once in a series. 2X is a little much and 3X is absurd.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair to Washington, they only played 2 really poor road games in the playoffs. Game 3 in Atlanta and Game 5 in Boston. I don't think they played bad in game 1 of this series. Had a double digit lead in the 2nd half of game 2. So yeah I don't think they're playing that bad on the road. Just need to find a way to finish games on the road.

Wasn't game 1 when they were up 16-0 or something?
I know NBA leads often are erased, but Boston is nothing special.
I figured Wiz could win a road game.
Maybe they will.
I doubt it though.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, they both cannot seem to win much on the road.

but, The Celtics have home court though versus the Cavs if they advance.

It just seems like the Cavs are the #1 seed....you almost forget they are not.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've probably said it before but those Washington stars and strips home jerseys are so fresh and so clean.

Also, John Wall is good as basketball

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many what a weird game. So ugly for 3 quarters, then great at the end. Wiz win after going like 3-97 from three, that's hard to overcome.

I'm trying to figure out how that foul on Oubre on the catch used nearly 2 seconds. Celtics got screwed by the home timekeeper but the refs should have reviewed.

Still can't believe John Wall hit that shot, he never hits that shot.

Otter Porter is costing himself a lot of money, LMAO at the people who were saying he deserves a max contract. I'm not kidding, that was discussed during the season,

Bet the Celtics and give the points, it won't be close on Monday.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the highlights again I have no idea what play the Wizards were running at the end. I thought I heard it was to go to Beal but he was just standing there as Porter was trying to inbound, Wall was just standing there too as he was not the initial target until he realized he had to go get it before 5 seconds.

I was also reminded of what a bullshit lucky shot Harford's bank shot was.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many what a weird game. So ugly for 3 quarters, then great at the end. Wiz win after going like 3-97 from three, that's hard to overcome.

I'm trying to figure out how that foul on Oubre on the catch used nearly 2 seconds. Celtics got screwed by the home timekeeper but the refs should have reviewed.

Still can't believe John Wall hit that shot, he never hits that shot.

Otter Porter is costing himself a lot of money, LMAO at the people who were saying he deserves a max contract. I'm not kidding, that was discussed during the season,

Bet the Celtics and give the points, it won't be close on Monday.

Otto Porter will definitely get a max contract. He does not deserve it, but he will get it.

Think about all the poorly run, talent starved teams out there. Someone like the Nets will offer him max money. No doubt about it. It is why I get so mad at the owners when they blame players for financial trouble in the league. It is also why there is no parity.

When bad teams overpay for players like Porter, Harrison Barnes, Luol Deng and Mozgov, it becomes really hard to significantly improve the roster later.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I totally agree teams constantly overpay how does a player like Otto Porter command a max deal? Even incompetent teams like NJ have to understand there is a difference between a player like Porter and a player like John Wall.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I totally agree teams constantly overpay how does a player like Otto Porter command a max deal? Even incompetent teams like NJ have to understand there is a difference between a player like Porter and a player like John Wall.

Porter is in the exact same spot as Barnes was last summer.

Obviously he is not a franchise player. But, teams like the Nets cannot attract any big name FAs, so they are forced to build through the draft and overpay second and third tier players. Since the Nets don't even have any picks next 2 years, you can bet they will be throwing max money at players like Porter.

Crazy thing is, the Wizards may be forced to match it.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, there is a big difference between the restricted FA max and the super max that veteran franchise players can command.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, there is a big difference between the restricted FA max and the super max that veteran franchise players can command.

Oh I get that, and the contracts are constantly going up. It's bad enough that Beal's max deal is higher than John Walls, are you saying Porter's deal will be too? Good grief there is no justice.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I get that, and the contracts are constantly going up. It's bad enough that Beal's max deal is higher than John Walls, are you saying Porter's deal will be too? Good grief there is no justice.

LOL. I bet it will.

But, Wall will be the one with the Super Max once he hits FA. He just has to wait his turn unless the Wizards extend him early. I think they definitely should try to get that done.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I though Wall was signed for longer. He signed 5 for 80 mill in 2013 so it's up after next year. John Wall makes the same money that Reggie Jackson makes. No wonder he's upset.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm still surprised how efficient he was during this year. I think he needs a couple more seasons duplicating it to warrant a max.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I though Wall was signed for longer. He signed 5 for 80 mill in 2013 so it's up after next year. John Wall makes the same money that Reggie Jackson makes. No wonder he's upset.

Also why I would like to see them start talking extension now. No sense in getting him pissed off and risk losing him just as he is growing into becoming a truly elite player.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Porter is in the exact same spot as Barnes was last summer.

Obviously he is not a franchise player. But, teams like the Nets cannot attract any big name FAs, so they are forced to build through the draft and overpay second and third tier players. Since the Nets don't even have any picks next 2 years, you can bet they will be throwing max money at players like Porter.

Crazy thing is, the Wizards may be forced to match it.

I was really sour on Barnes because he looked no better from when Bazemore was with the Warriors. But he proved he can be a #1 option on a team. My doubts are more extreme on Porter.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still surprised how efficient he was during this year. I think he needs a couple more seasons duplicating it to warrant a max.

Agreed.

That does not mean teams won't still offer it this year though.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also why I would like to see them start talking extension now. No sense in getting him pissed off and risk losing him just as he is growing into becoming a truly elite player.

But can't they retain his rights AKA the Larry Bird rule and retain him but at a higher max deal?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really sour on Barnes because he looked no better from when Bazemore was with the Warriors. But he proved he can be a #1 option on a team. My doubts are more extreme on Porter.

Barnes can be the number 1 option on a bad team. A lot of guys can do that. So can Porter. Barnes may be better, he may not be. Still, if either guy is your best player, you are not sniffing the playoffs anytime soon.

It is also why guys like Kevin Love are overrated to this day.