• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Boston Celtics vs Washington Wizards

Who ya got

• Celtics in 4 or 5

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Celtics in 6 or 7

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • Wiz in 4 or 5

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Wiz in 6 or 7

Votes: 12 32.4%

• Total voters

mick7-1961

Commerce Comet
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CELTICS RULE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CELTICS IN SEVEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

102-95

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then that is wrong IMO. I'm a big instant replay guy but to me it's for out of bounds, basket interference and not to correct a foul call that can be up to interpretation. If the NFL reviewed every flag it would be brutal. I'm not sure I like this idea but then again the idea is to get it right and they are much faster than the dumb asses in the NFL with their replay system.

What do you think?
I think if they're going to be allowed to review a play - and happen to see a missed call- that they should be able to make the call. Otherwise I don't think they're taking advantage of the instant replay capabilities. However, on the other hand if they allowed them to do that it would slow the game down tremendously because they'd be constantly asked to review a play. So I understand why they put limitations on it.

But I think they should find some sort of happy medium and revise the use of it. For example, maybe in the last 2 minutes of the game you can review ANY play for ANY reason. Maybe they add value to it like the NFL & charge the team with a time out if they ask for a review. If the league's intent is to get the calls right this IMO would be a huge help.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if they're going to be allowed to review a play - and happen to see a missed call- that they should be able to make the call. Otherwise I don't think they're taking advantage of the instant replay capabilities. However, on the other hand if they allowed them to do that it would slow the game down tremendously because they'd be constantly asked to review a play. So I understand why they put limitations on it.

But I think they should find some sort of happy medium and revise the use of it. For example, maybe in the last 2 minutes of the game you can review ANY play for ANY reason. Maybe they add value to it like the NFL & charge the team with a time out if they ask for a review. If the league's intent is to get the calls right this IMO would be a huge help.

Yeah I like your idea, I was thinking the same thing. Obviously the Wall charge was a huge play and they need to get it right. But they can't go to replay for every call. Last 2 minutes, that works for me.

Reactions: LAD

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has been a good series...can't wait to see if the home team prevails or the road team finally gets a win in this one.

Reactions: TJL

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mr Vocabulary ...

they are one win away from being ... top 4

that puts them ... "close"

You need to try reading before you BS my post.

I was replying to a guy who said that Wall and Beal are as good as any big 2 players in the league, and basically that the Wizards have nothing else but those 2. Had nothing to do with team success.

Are Wall and Beal as good as Curry and KD? Or either of those players and Klay or Draymond?

Are they as good as LeBron and Kyrie?

Are they as good as Kawhi and Aldridge?

I won't hold my breath waiting for your apology.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has been a good series...can't wait to see if the home team prevails or the road team finally gets a win in this one.
It sucks for either team though because they're going to be facing a really rested and healthy cavs team.

I was really surprised how well the Spurs did yesterday considering the Warriros were rested and the Spurs just had a pretty tough series with Houston.

Reactions: LAD

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sucks for either team though because they're going to be facing a really rested and healthy cavs team.

I was really surprised how well the Spurs did yesterday considering the Warriros were rested and the Spurs just had a pretty tough series with Houston.

The rest thing seems to hurt the rested team in game 1, but help in games 2-7.

Whoever wins tonight better take game 1 if they have any designs on making this a competitive series.

Reactions: TJL

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rest thing seems to hurt the rested team in game 1, but help in games 2-7.

Whoever wins tonight better take game 1 if they have any designs on making this a competitive series.
ABSOLUTELY

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predict overtime with a few techs and 1 flagrant. John Wall will close the show.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aldridge?

Even Gortat & Mahinmi >>> Aldridge. Both are grinders, get up strong after boards, and play defense.

I can't take another minute watching him softly post up and shoot a contested fadeaway.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predict overtime with a few techs and 1 flagrant. John Wall will close the show.

You may be right.

Hopefully cooler heads will prevail and this can be a relatively clean game. Intense for sure, but clean.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even Gortat & Mahinmi >>> Aldridge. Both are grinders, get up strong after boards, and play defense.

I can't take another minute watching him softly post up and shoot a contested fadeaway.

LOL.

He may be soft, but he is also very good. Beal may be close to Aldridge in impact, but Wall is not close to Kawhi. Hence, Leonard and Aldridge are the better duo.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I left work early because I wasn't feeling well....took my vitamins and washed them down with beer.

On beer #4.