• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 2nd Round: Boston Celtics vs Toronto Raptors

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Nick Nurse decision to go small .
Raps were getting killed on the pick and roll
Such a ballsy move.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or I could jsut keep doing what I am doing.

And you can continue to "give a shit" and clog up a thread about a game(which at the time I was discussing).

All good either way with me.

I will readily admit I'm a small person when it comes to arguments such as this

You should try some of that reflection

It's cathartic

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will readily admit I'm a small person when it comes to arguments such as this

You should try some of that reflection

It's cathartic

Difference is I wasn't looking for an argument. Or really any engagement at all.

If I knew this board was definitely well known for typically being the most mentally frail. God forbid basketball is sometimes poor play(albeit enjoyable).

So ironically if I woulda known what such a simple comment would have caused. I woulda dug deep and really got controversial.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Difference is I wasn't looking for an argument. Or really any engagement at all.

If I knew this board was definitely well known for typically being the most mentally frail. God forbid basketball is sometimes poor play(albeit enjoyable).

So ironically if I woulda known what such a simple comment would have caused. I woulda dug deep and really got controversial.

It's just funny that the rest of the basketball world is in universal agreement that that was a classic and in the midst of a class basketball game you are only remarking the negative aspects. It's really funny when you think of it that way.

Like I played as a borderline guard for a d1 hs basketball team. My perspective is hilariously underwhelming to an ex nba player who is saying that was a great game.

I couldn't wipe the ball sweat off the floor of an nba court much less pretend to play on one. So those who are much more experienced in the field....are saying "epic. Game"

So after all that we have those folks saying that and if I was to only point out the negative.....I mean...that's more a reflection on me no?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't cry about being called out dipshit.

YOU used the word call out. I never at any point said anything about "you calling me out". LMAO

Not me, I am showing that the only person I was talking with was you. Are you actually that fucking retarded?

But yeah, show you quotes and ya "facepalm" not mentally breaking you at all or anything.

You are the one escalating every step of the way.

I disagreed with you.

You are the one who started the name calling and continue to triple down with it.

Not sure why me stating that “I didn’t call you out” got you so triggered, but damn you need to chill out.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagreed with you.

You are the one who started the name calling and continue to triple down with it.

Not sure why me stating that “I didn’t call you out” got you so triggered, but damn you need to chill out.

How dare you disagree with someone that says basketball is sometimes poorly played while ignoring that also happens in the NFL, NHL and MLB?

Got popcorn?

I do. :pop2:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Nick Nurse decision to go small .
Raps were getting killed on the pick and roll
Such a ballsy move.

You know what else is a ballsy move? Talking nonstop shit about the Heat then disappearing. Dammit, wrong thread. :doh:

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagreed with you.

Me saying "uhhhhhhhhhhhh yes you did" and calling you dumb(for inability to read) is triggered??

HAHAHA. I mean the quotes are all there.

The convo was between me and you. Starting with you calling this the best series of the second round(and immediately triggered when I said to be fair the west series got a lot of ball left) and continued on. It was me and you. I was only talking to you.

I did however trigger you by simply saying I thought there was poor play for 15 minutes.

"occurring in response to a stimulus typically perceived as negative or harmful"-triggered

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just funny that the rest of the basketball world is in universal agreement that that was a classic and in the midst of a class basketball game you are only remarking the negative aspects. It's really funny when you think of it that way.

Like I played as a borderline guard for a d1 hs basketball team. My perspective is hilariously underwhelming to an ex nba player who is saying that was a great game.

I couldn't wipe the ball sweat off the floor of an nba court much less pretend to play on one. So those who are much more experienced in the field....are saying "epic. Game"

So after all that we have those folks saying that and if I was to only point out the negative.....I mean...that's more a reflection on me no?

I mean ive said it 5 times already and you still can't get it.

Maybe its an addiction to lack of reading and clogging a thread IDK.

SHOW ME WHERE DURING THE FOURTH QUARTER ANYONE WAS CALLING IT AN EPIC GAME. At the time I made the comment the game was a shit show. Like for some reason you keep not getting this and just won't stop.

Will the all caps work??

And you keep referencing the "classic nature of the game" and the enjoyment of watching. That has never been at discussion. I said the "play was poor". JUST READ.

Also are you saying that someone who played in the NBA automatically knows if a game was better than someone who didn't???

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way you can tell either way but if you know from experience...you also know there are some players that have their heart in the game and they will do ANYTHING to win and this is the NBA where they are making millions and their reputations on the line

I can't be certain either way but he could have purposely did it but then realized right after, "shit that was wrong" and that's why he tried to help him up. You could tell Jaylen knew what Lowry was doing. I don't doubt it was intentional but at least he realized what he did. Most don't think about the consequences within a split second, it's instincts. Players are different though, Lowry is a flop artist and will do what it takes...wouldn't doubt he did it intentionally tbh but I'm not taking either side bc I don't know.

I'll say this, since he got away with it, if he did it on purpose, it was genius.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me saying "uhhhhhhhhhhhh yes you did" and calling you dumb(for inability to read) is triggered??

HAHAHA. I mean the quotes are all there.

The convo was between me and you. Starting with you calling this the best series of the second round(and immediately triggered when I said to be fair the west series got a lot of ball left) and continued on. It was me and you. I was only talking to you.

I did however trigger you by simply saying I thought there was poor play for 15 minutes.

"occurring in response to a stimulus typically perceived as negative or harmful"-triggered

Yeah. You calling me stupid is escalation.

Because my prior 3 posts to you contained like 10 words combined. And none of them were in any way, shape, or form aggressive.

And how you even interpreted anything from me as being aggressive or triggered is pretty ridiculous.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That game was horrible. Both teams sucked. Both teams sucked from the beginning of the game to the end of the game.

They even sucked at halftime.

In fact, the only thing that sucked more than that game was that it went into overtime which meant 10 extra minutes of them sucking.

But the Celtics sucked the most because they're the Celtics and everyone knows that the Celtics suck. :D

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean ive said it 5 times already and you still can't get it.

Maybe its an addiction to lack of reading and clogging a thread IDK.

SHOW ME WHERE DURING THE FOURTH QUARTER ANYONE WAS CALLING IT AN EPIC GAME. At the time I made the comment the game was a shit show. Like for some reason you keep not getting this and just won't stop.

Will the all caps work??

And you keep referencing the "classic nature of the game" and the enjoyment of watching. That has never been at discussion. I said the "play was poor". JUST READ.

Also are you saying that someone who played in the NBA automatically knows if a game was better than someone who didn't???

All caps does work. But when you do that make sure to put the words in different colors.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. You calling me stupid is escalation.

Because my prior 3 posts to you contained like 10 words. And none of them were in any way, shape, or form aggressive.

And how you even interpreted anything from me as being aggressive or triggered is pretty ridiculous.

I just gave you the definition of triggered. Of my many talents, writing the English dictionary is not one of them. I just do my best to adhere to it.(While including some message board grammatical errors along the way)

Again, that would was only brought into this convo by you.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That game was horrible. Both teams sucked. Both teams sucked from the beginning of the game to the end of the game.

They even sucked at halftime.

In fact, the only thing that sucked more than that game was that it went into overtime which meant 10 extra minutes of them sucking.

But the Celtics sucked the most because they're the Celtics and everyone knows that the Celtics suck. :D

Keep talkin' bad about the Celtics and I will fight you!

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All caps does work. But when you do that make sure to put the words in different colors.

Goddammit you're right.

Had I just said "damn this is some poor basketball right now".

Everyone would have assumed sarcasm and this crisis would have been avoided.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just gave you the definition of triggered. Of my many talents, writing the English dictionary is not one of them. I just do my best to adhere to it.(While including some message board grammatical errors along the way)

Again, that would was only brought into this convo by you.

Right.

And like I said, nothing I wrote warranted your attack.

I read all the responses just fine. I knew your comment about the last 15 minutes being horrible didn’t relate to the 2nd OT.

You choose to assume an awful lot about 3 very brief posts I made and you launched into attack most based of those assumptions.

So you are acting like a child here.

But again, carry on. It is providing entertainment for everyone else.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right.

And like I said, nothing I wrote warranted your attack.

I read all the responses just fine. I knew your comment about the last 15 minutes being horrible didn’t relate to the 2nd OT.

You choose to assume an awful lot about 3 very brief posts I made and you launched into attack most based of those assumptions.

So you are acting like a child here.

But again, carry on. It is providing entertainment for everyone else.

I didn't attack lol

You said that you "weren't the one to come at me"

I never said you did. You said that all on your own. I provided quotes showing we were having a 1 on 1 coversation.

Then your disassociate disorder kicked back in and you started flailing around about me being triggered that you were coming at me.

You brought it up. Me and you were talking. So by default if someone was in fact coming at me, it would have to be you. That's just basic logic.