• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 2nd Round: Boston Celtics vs Toronto Raptors

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed this live, but man, that's dirty as fuck by Lowry. If it was the regular season where suspension wouldn't hurt a team as much, I'd totally get up and swing on him if I were Brown.

Also, in the final minute of reg, that Tatum turnover where Nurse was standing next to Theis should have been a technical. That's a little bitch move by Nurse, who I think its a great coach. He's way out of the coach's box and is clearly standing on the sideline to make himself look like a player.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron does. I saw him at Applebee’s a long time ago, followed him to the bathroom and peeked over the urinal. Confirmed

But that means you would have had to peak at Lowry too.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed this live, but man, that's dirty as fuck by Lowry. If it was the regular season where suspension wouldn't hurt a team as much, I'd totally get up and swing on him if I were Brown.

Also, in the final minute of reg, that Tatum turnover where Nurse was standing next to Theis should have been a technical. That's a little bitch move by Nurse, who I think its a great coach. He's way out of the coach's box and is clearly standing on the sideline to make himself look like a player.

I don’t think he was trying to look like a player, just got too caught up in the moment and was standing somewhere he shouldn’t.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think he was trying to look like a player, just got too caught up in the moment and was standing somewhere he shouldn’t.
It might not have been intentional, but then again many fouls aren't intended either.

The fact of the matter is Nurse was literally on the sideline (his feet touching it) with his arms out as if calling for the ball...

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might not have been intentional, but then again many fouls aren't intended either.

The fact of the matter is Nurse was literally on the sideline (his feet touching it) with his arms out as if calling for the ball...

Yea that's pretty intentional

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea that's pretty intentional
I can't read his mind, so maybe / maybe not...

... regardless of his intentions, it's not right at all and should have been called... something. A technical, probably.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

... regardless of his intentions, it's not right at all and should have been called... something. A technical, probably.

It should have been called for sure.

While I can’t read his mind either, I can tell you from experience there is basically a 0% chance it was intentional.

He wouldn’t risk getting a technical in that moment so maybe Tatum would turn the ball over.

Coaches are up yelling and roaming the sidelines all game long. Some are good about keeping track of where they are, some more impulsive coaches lose sight and end up too close to the court.

Heck, I have been guilty of that.

But there is no way he was purposefully trying to impact the game in that way.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Suspend him for G7. That is uncalled for...by the flop artist

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That’s a flagrant 2. That’s a no-no. Brown could have been seriously injured

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the second overtime? What game were you watching

What post were you reading????

Posted at the end of 1st OT.

Final 10 minutes of regulation 18-10 Celtics and brutal basketball. 1st OT 8-8. Neither team scored in the final 2 minutes and more brutal basketball. 15 minutes.

And even such. The second OT was good for like the second half of it. Turnover fest in the first 2.5 minutes again.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What post were you reading????

Posted at the end of 1st OT.

Final 10 minutes of regulation 18-10 Celtics and brutal basketball. 1st OT 8-8. Neither team scored in the final 2 minutes and more brutal basketball. 15 minutes.

And even such. The second OT was good for like the second half of it. Turnover fest in the first 2.5 minutes again.

I've just noticed this is kind of your thing. Glass half empty with the Twins and popping in to nba threads generally with something along the lines of last night

Don't get me wrong....the contribution is appreciated...

For the record there were five turnovers in all of overtime

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should have been called for sure.

While I can’t read his mind either, I can tell you from experience there is basically a 0% chance it was intentional.

He wouldn’t risk getting a technical in that moment so maybe Tatum would turn the ball over.

Coaches are up yelling and roaming the sidelines all game long. Some are good about keeping track of where they are, some more impulsive coaches lose sight and end up too close to the court.

Heck, I have been guilty of that.

But there is no way he was purposefully trying to impact the game in that way.

I'll disagree with this, solely on how quickly he walked away from where he was.

He knew. And he knew they would never risk calling it.
If it were unintentional, wouldn't he have thrown up his arms and acted innocent?
No, I think he walked away sheepishly, but with a huge grin on his face.

It was a gutsy move and he got away with it, but it also guarantees it will never happen again.
He'll get the behind the scenes wrist slap and be told so.

I mean, seriously, there were players strewn across the floor every two minutes, hoping to buy a call, even on the last play of the game. Everyone knows what's at stake and everyone is willing to push the boundaries of fair play to get any kind of advantage. I expect nothing less. From the coaches too.....

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've just noticed this is kind of your thing. Glass half empty with the Twins and popping in to nba threads generally with something along the lines of last night

Don't get me wrong....the contribution is appreciated...

For the record there were five turnovers in all of overtime

And I've noticed you don't like stats and facts.

That was not good basketball to end regulation and the 1st OT. Cannot be argued. Not a matter of opinion.

And again.......I said the comment before the final 2.5 minutes of double OT when the play was cleaned up. Really shouldn't be hard to grasp.