• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 2nd Round: Boston Celtics vs Toronto Raptors

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I've noticed you don't like stats and facts.

That was not good basketball to end regulation and the 1st OT. Cannot be argued. Not a matter of opinion.

And again.......I said the comment before the final 2.5 minutes of double OT when the play was cleaned up. Really shouldn't be hard to grasp.

Tomayto, tomahto.

Taking into account the number of minutes played by a handful of these guys that didn't even sit, I found the entire second half to be pure entertainment.

Might not have been the best basketball, but I'm pretty sure it was 100% effort from both teams.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomayto, tomahto.

Taking into account the number of minutes played by a handful of these guys that didn't even sit, I found the entire second half to be pure entertainment.

Might not have been the best basketball, but I'm pretty sure it was 100% effort from both teams.

Won't doubt that. And I didnt say the game was torture to watch(I actively chose to watch said game)

But that doesnt mean it was pretty ball after a couple minutes into the 4th. Guys were launching bricks left and right. Tatum was brutal. Siakiam was all over the place(think all his TO's came late in regulation and OT), Van Vleet was shooting from the logo and missing. Norman Powell was trying to win games. It wasn't pretty.

Tlance just has some little man complex and can't be challenged.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should have been called for sure.

While I can’t read his mind either, I can tell you from experience there is basically a 0% chance it was intentional.

He wouldn’t risk getting a technical in that moment so maybe Tatum would turn the ball over.

Coaches are up yelling and roaming the sidelines all game long. Some are good about keeping track of where they are, some more impulsive coaches lose sight and end up too close to the court.

Heck, I have been guilty of that.

But there is no way he was purposefully trying to impact the game in that way.

No way you can tell either way but if you know from experience...you also know there are some players that have their heart in the game and they will do ANYTHING to win and this is the NBA where they are making millions and their reputations on the line

I can't be certain either way but he could have purposely did it but then realized right after, "shit that was wrong" and that's why he tried to help him up. You could tell Jaylen knew what Lowry was doing. I don't doubt it was intentional but at least he realized what he did. Most don't think about the consequences within a split second, it's instincts. Players are different though, Lowry is a flop artist and will do what it takes...wouldn't doubt he did it intentionally tbh but I'm not taking either side bc I don't know.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll disagree with this, solely on how quickly he walked away from where he was.

He knew. And he knew they would never risk calling it.
If it were unintentional, wouldn't he have thrown up his arms and acted innocent?
No, I think he walked away sheepishly, but with a huge grin on his face.

It was a gutsy move and he got away with it, but it also guarantees it will never happen again.
He'll get the behind the scenes wrist slap and be told so.

I mean, seriously, there were players strewn across the floor every two minutes, hoping to buy a call, even on the last play of the game. Everyone knows what's at stake and everyone is willing to push the boundaries of fair play to get any kind of advantage. I expect nothing less. From the coaches too.....

I think he realized where he was when the ball was passed to him.

No way he was trying to bait a pass.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhhhhhhhhhh. Yes it was you.

Cannot fix stupid I guess.

Really?

All I said was:

“the second OT was awesome”

Adding on to your comment. Someone else said they didn’t know what you were talking about.

You are awfully sensitive if you think that is a “call Out”.

But go ahead and be the victim if you want.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I've noticed you don't like stats and facts.

That was not good basketball to end regulation and the 1st OT. Cannot be argued. Not a matter of opinion.

And again.......I said the comment before the final 2.5 minutes of double OT when the play was cleaned up. Really shouldn't be hard to grasp.

Boston shot 50 percent in the first ot. Yes they had a few turnovers. Three over the course of 10 minutes. Which now constitutes a "turnover fest" in your estimation.

I think it's great you like hoops I just question if you actually enjoy it lol

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't doubt that. And I didnt say the game was torture to watch(I actively chose to watch said game)

But that doesnt mean it was pretty ball after a couple minutes into the 4th. Guys were launching bricks left and right. Tatum was brutal. Siakiam was all over the place(think all his TO's came late in regulation and OT), Van Vleet was shooting from the logo and missing. Norman Powell was trying to win games. It wasn't pretty.

Tlance just has some little man complex and can't be challenged.

Tatum shot 44 percent lol. He had a stretch where he made a couple of errors but ended up an assist shy of a triple double

Brutal? He acts as a primary ballhandler a lot when he's a six foot 8 small/power forward. LeBron averages 5 turnovers a game. Tatum had 6. Against a very good team.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither team choked.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well double OT will be tough to top

Even if its horrendous bball for most part ha

It isn’t.

LOL.

That was terrible basketball for the last 15 minutes of game time.

The second OT was amazing.

Improvement.

But I'd suggest you go back to the post you quoted.....as they were entering second OT.

I wasn’t the one who called you out.
Really?

All I said was:

“the second OT was awesome”

Adding on to your comment. Someone else said they didn’t know what you were talking about.

You are awfully sensitive if you think that is a “call Out”.

But go ahead and be the victim if you want.

Are you drinking??

Listen here dumb dumb.

I said after 1 OT "double OT will be tough to top even if if its been horrendous ball for the most part ha"

You replied to that with "no it isnt"

I said the last 15 minutes of game time were terrible when I posted it(10 minutes of regulation and first OT...even first half of OT2)

You then referenced OT 2 which again shows you're dumbass didnt realize you were quoting in hindset.

You double down on the stupid and said "i wasnt the one to call you out". You were the only person I was talking to at that point.

If you actually have some sort of developmental issue let me know, I'll lay off. But good lord.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tatum shot 44 percent lol. He had a stretch where he made a couple of errors but ended up an assist shy of a triple double

Brutal? He acts as a primary ballhandler a lot when he's a six foot 8 small/power forward. LeBron averages 5 turnovers a game. Tatum had 6. Against a very good team.

DUDE. What in the actual fuck are you not understanding.

I POSTED THAT COMMENT PRIOR TO THE SECOND OVER TIME. Talking about the 4th qtr and the 1st OT

Tatum was 3/4 in the 2nd OT. He was 6/17 with 5 TO's entering that OT. That was a terribly off game at that point. In the 4th alone he had 3 rushed bricks 1 of which was completely airballed and he traded TO's with Siakiam for like 2 possessions.

It's mind boggling you can't grasp when I said the comment.

Here is more help for you. If Mike Trout is 0/3 with 3 ks after 7 innings and I comment live at that point "Mike trout is having a bad game tonight". That isn't an incorrect statement if Trout hits 2 tanks in the 8th and 9th.

Got it yet??

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DUDE. What in the actual fuck are you not understanding.

I POSTED THAT COMMENT PRIOR TO THE SECOND OVER TIME. Talking about the 4th qtr and the 1st OT

Tatum was 3/4 in the 2nd OT. He was 6/17 with 5 TO's entering that OT. That was a terribly off game at that point. In the 4th alone he had 3 rushed bricks 1 of which was completely airballed and he traded TO's with Siakiam for like 2 possessions.

It's mind boggling you can't grasp when I said the comment.

Here is more help for you. If Mike Trout is 0/3 with 3 ks after 7 innings and I comment live at that point "Mike trout is having a bad game tonight". That isn't an incorrect statement if Trout hits 2 tanks in the 8th and 9th.

Got it yet??

It was a tight game and teams locked down on D. You're focusing on his turnovers when he also had 9 assists. That's about league average turnover to assist ratio

Like I said just sit back and enjoy the ride. But if you can't oh well man ain't shit to me.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The refs screwed the Celtics last night. I don't believe that. Just trying to be overly homeristic for a comment.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Chuck picks the Celtics to win game 7 I'll be disappointed.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a tight game and teams locked down on D. You're focusing on his turnovers when he also had 9 assists. That's about league average turnover to assist ratio

Like I said just sit back and enjoy the ride. But if you can't oh well man ain't shit to me.

Well it seems its shit to you lol. And for hopefully the final time it was a comment in the moment of what I was watching.

So technically anything prior to the 4th qtr also wouldnt be valid(I chose to allow it).

Next time, just to make sure I don't improperly offend the game of basketball to you I will be very specific. "Jayson Tatum is playing absolutely brutal right now from this exact minute mark to this exact minute mark".

Although, I do question why you use a live chat message board if you are only going to speak in hindset post game?

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it seems its shit to you lol. And for hopefully the final time it was a comment in the moment of what I was watching.

So technically anything prior to the 4th qtr also wouldnt be valid(I chose to allow it).

Next time, just to make sure I don't improperly offend the game of basketball to you I will be very specific. "Jayson Tatum is playing absolutely brutal right now from this exact minute mark to this exact minute mark".

Although, I do question why you use a live chat message board if you are only going to speak in hindset post game?

I'd kind of prefer seconds to be used as well

If you could do that id appreciate

TIA

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you drinking??

Listen here dumb dumb.

I said after 1 OT "double OT will be tough to top even if if its been horrendous ball for the most part ha"

You replied to that with "no it isnt"

I said the last 15 minutes of game time were terrible when I posted it(10 minutes of regulation and first OT...even first half of OT2)

You then referenced OT 2 which again shows you're dumbass didnt realize you were quoting in hindset.

You double down on the stupid and said "i wasnt the one to call you out". You were the only person I was talking to at that point.

If you actually have some sort of developmental issue let me know, I'll lay off. But good lord.

Hey dumbass, I was disagreeing with you.

That is not calling you out.

And no, I didn’t think the end of regulation or the first OT were “horrible basketball”.

I thought it was fiesty with a lot of really good defense.

And yeah, a few offensive mistakes forced by good defense.

So you want to cry about “being called out”, then it just makes you look like a fool. So carry on.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Kemba pulled a vanishing act in what was the biggest game of his career.

2-11

1-6 from downtown

and more TO's (3) than buckets

Hope he shows up for game 7.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Kemba pulled a vanishing act in what was the biggest game of his career.

2-11

1-6 from downtown

and more TO's (3) than buckets

Hope he shows up for game 7.

Now....he...he was not good

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey dumbass, I was disagreeing with you.

That is not calling you out.

And no, I didn’t think the end of regulation or the first OT were “horrible basketball”.

I thought it was fiesty with a lot of really good defense.

And yeah, a few offensive mistakes forced by good defense.

So you want to cry about “being called out”, then it just makes you look like a fool. So carry on.

I didn't cry about being called out dipshit.

YOU used the word call out. I never at any point said anything about "you calling me out". LMAO

Not me, I am showing that the only person I was talking with was you. Are you actually that fucking retarded?

But yeah, show you quotes and ya "facepalm" not mentally breaking you at all or anything.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd kind of prefer seconds to be used as well

If you could do that id appreciate

TIA

Or I could jsut keep doing what I am doing.

And you can continue to "give a shit" and clog up a thread about a game(which at the time I was discussing).

All good either way with me.