• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

25 Greatest Songs of All Time

California Creme Puffs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't get past # 25, couldn't stop laughing. Have no interest in the rest of what I'm sure is an odd list.
I don't think there was a #25. I think they started on some Doors song, which was #24 lol

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think BR is about the most boomer song to pick after maybe "Stairway To Heaven."
Queen is probably more popular with millennials than boomers for an obvious reason but if you have BR at 1 then you really need more progressive songs on the list. Pink Floyd, Space Oddity, Freebird, etc.

California Creme Puffs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Queen is probably more popular with millennials than boomers for an obvious reason but if you have BR at 1 then you really need more progressive songs on the list. Pink Floyd, Space Oddity, Freebird, etc.
Not sure what "progressive" means in this context. Do you mean prog rock? Or like AOC-type shit?

Come on man, make up your fucking mind.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what "progressive" means in this context. Do you mean prog rock? Or like AOC-type shit?

Come on man, make up your fucking mind.
Progressive music. Everything from Pink Floyd to Porcupine Tree to Sasha.

California Creme Puffs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Progressive music. Everything from Pink Floyd to Porcupine Tree to Sasha.
You got me on the last two artists. I would never group Bowie or Skynyrd in with prog but I see now that you're talking about those two individual songs. My faux pas.

California Creme Puffs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's odd. When I click on the link it says song # 25 is dancing queen by abba.
Well, that's strange. Brave Browser only shows me the top 24, lol.

But holy fuck they put "Dancing Queen" at #25?:L

California Creme Puffs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
25 greatest songs of all time and no Happy Birthday?
It is one of the most commonly played songs. Along with the National Anthem and "I Gotta Feeling" by the Black-Eyed Peas. Still don't think any of the 3 should make the list.

California Creme Puffs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I saw that song and said nope. Hell I can name 25 Beatles songs better than that disco disaster tune.
This little ditty blows out Abba's entire discography on its own

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got me on the last two artists. I would never group Bowie or Skynyrd in with prog but I see now that you're talking about those two individual songs. My faux pas.
Yeah, the songs themselves. Bowie himself is impossible to put into a box as one genre but that particular song is one Id expect to be moved up a list if you're pushing up BR for being a roller coaster of talent.

My main issue with the list is that its a list of songs that mostly inspired other songs and then at the top of the list is BR. Its kinda weird. Chuck Berry being #1 would make more sense with BR being in the teens. Maybe thats just me.

California Creme Puffs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Mellencamp fan. Have seen him live three times. Last time was in Vegas in 2010 when he opened for Bob Dylan. It was a great show.
Wow, Mellencamp and Dylan in the same building at once? That's fucking awesome dude.

I hope to see him before he retires. He just released a new song with Bruce about a month ago called "Wasted Days." It's no "Cherry Bomb" or "Hungry Heart" but it's worth a listen IMO.

PackJason.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's pretty obvious that whoever put this list together has some pretty clear bias against hard rock/metal. The only one that really comes close Led Zeppelin and Stairway is barely hard rock ... barely.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's pretty obvious that whoever put this list together has some pretty clear bias against hard rock/metal. The only one that really comes close Led Zeppelin and Stairway is barely hard rock ... barely.
Not a lot of country or electronic music, either. Although you could debate that maybe they dont belong in a top 25

PackJason.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a lot of country or electronic music, either. Although you could debate that maybe they dont belong in a top 25

I saw a Cash song listed, but I don't remember what song it was.

Janus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The list is phooey. My 25 is totally different from anyone else and so on, so who's right? Total opinion.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, "Paisley Park" was off of Around The World In A Day. It also had "Raspberry Beret" and "Pop Life" on it too... it was definitely his acid phase. I don't know if I've ever listened to For You in its entirety but I like "Soft and Wet" off of it.

Cool story about your father. There literally exists no radio station like that today. Even if they tried to ironically do something like that, it would never be as strange as all of the songs you listed being played on the same station. I think I'm similar in that I listen to a lot of different music and have throughout my life, but most all of the music I listen to is from different periods of history that I wasn't actually around for. I'm only 24 but I couldn't name hardly any artists today on the radio that I like (with a few exceptions). But I'm always trying to challenge myself and expand beyond my horizons... you can never let yourself get too comfortable listening to music, so I'm always open to new suggestions.

That song you posted sounds like it was made by Afroman's father. Like Colt-45 and two zig-zags Afroman was in the studio when they were cutting that track back in 1980. "That cracker's dick was half my size" lol... If that's the second hip-hop song you ever heard in your life, it's no surprise "The Message" felt so revolutionary.

I'm glad to hear things went well with Jaylynn back in the day, but you've gotta be careful with who you tell about seeing her when she was 17... don't wanna end up as the next Roy Moore figure:D

Here's another (sorta) hip-hop song from 1980:

Heh. Shit homey. It was 1980 when I was kickin it with Jaylynn. I was 17 years old to. We were both seniors in hg sch.

I remember what my daddy said one night
That *****'s pricks are bigger than whites
But my black ass was in for a big surprise
Cuz that cracker's prick was 3 times my size

He said boy Imma kick your ass till your head turn blue
There ain't nothin I hate more than a ***** or jew
I said are you sure you wanna fuck wit me
I'm a distant cousin to Muhammad Ali

Suddenly his big prick began to shrink
He said c;mon boy lets have a drink
Them rednecks in the corner started gettin up outta they seats
Carryin big clubs and wearin white sheets

He said listen here ***** man
I'm the grand dragon of the klu kluck klan
There;s no ***** badder than me
Mothafuck you and Muhammad Ali

I threw my drink in his face and I started to run
As I felt the lead from his shotgun
I got in my rig and covered up my face
And drove my truck through that mothafuckin place

Ho's was runnin with glass in they hair
And cracker ass was flyin everywhere
The grand dragon was on the ground with his ass bloody
I looked at him and said 10-4 good buddy

I reached in the seat and grabbed a bottle of wine
I looked in the mirror and said I can't stand myself sometime

Rap Dirty

bass line

Last edited:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, Mellencamp and Dylan in the same building at once? That's fucking awesome dude.

I hope to see him before he retires. He just released a new song with Bruce about a month ago called "Wasted Days." It's no "Cherry Bomb" or "Hungry Heart" but it's worth a listen IMO.

Each show of his I went to was great. If you get the chance I suggest you go see him, you won't be disappointed.