• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

247Sports 15 Toughest Schedules

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always stated that extra game is G5, it was a typo when I said 2 P5’s when I already stated a P5. My bad for the typo.

You are absolutely delusional if you think that isn’t an extra win more often then not. An we aren’t talking the PAC12, we are talking the ACC and SEC, are you really trying to argue a conference like the SEC doesn’t win that extra game OOC game vs the G5 more often then not. It matters all through out. Your 7-5 team becomes an 8-4 team and most likely ranked. Your 5-7 team becomes bowl eligible at 6-6 and more fodder for “being the best” argument. The only possible way you can say it doesn’t matter is for they absolute bottom. No one can truly care besides said team if they go 3-9 opposed to 2-10.
do they win more often? last season Missouri lost to Wyoming, Tennessee lost to Georgia State and BYU, Arkansas lost to San Jose State and Western Kentucky, South Carolina lost to Appalachian State, and Ole Miss lost to Memphis

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do they win more often? last season Missouri lost to Wyoming, Tennessee lost to Georgia State and BYU, Arkansas lost to San Jose State and Western Kentucky, South Carolina lost to Appalachian State, and Ole Miss lost to Memphis

You just quoted 7 loses in 26 games. That’s a 27% number. So yeah, they do win more often.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that true? I know the P12 took on a bunch of G5 losses.
false.
Pac had 6 not including BYU because some conference count byu as P5
but that said i counted them originally but the numbers are actually
SEC lost to 7 G5 not counting BYU.
ACC lost 4
Big 10 lost 3
Big XII lost 2

This doesnt count Bowls.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
false.
Pac had 6 not including BYU because some conference count byu as P5
but that said i counted them originally but the numbers are actually
SEC lost to 7 G5 not counting BYU.
ACC lost 4
Big 10 lost 3
Big XII lost 2

This doesnt count Bowls.

So 6 plus BYU then? I'd say that's a bunch.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still more losses than other P5 conferences.

That’s all fine and good, my whole point in this was if a P5 plays a G5, that P5 is more than likely going to win. That’s an extra win per team for 2 P5 conferences. I am for a uniform number of conference games.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still less than the SEC

You have less teams, so no. It also would be the worst season in a decade for the SEC vs G5 and an average season for the Pac-12, but whose counting or cherry picking.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s all fine and good, my whole point in this was if a P5 plays a G5, that P5 is more than likely going to win. That’s an extra win per team for 2 P5 conferences. I am for a uniform number of conference games.

Look, I'll make it simple for you. If the SEC plays an extra league game there are going to be 7 games and one team will lose and one team will win. 1 team gets an extra win, one team gets an extra loss. I know this will be hard to believe, but the better team is typically going to win those games.

Now if we play a G5 instead we will win 75% of those games historically. SO, .75 x 14 games is 10.5, let's round up for arguments sake and say that is 11 games won and 3 lost.

So, 4 teams will get an extra win. I know this is also hard to believe, but the 3 losses are probably going to be by the shitty teams.

So, like I was saying, You are talking about 3 or 4 additional wins for the conference most likely to beat a G5 team. So no, it is not an extra win for for each team. It is an extra win for 25% of the teams in two P5 conferences...at best.

If we are talking the Pac-12, they went 6-6 playing their extra conference game. If they played 12 G5 teams last year at their .611 win percentage that would be 7.33 wins. So, 7-5 versus 6-6. :cheer2:

So, like I previously said, If you care if Mrs State or Oregon State goes to the Poulan Weedeater Fight the Hunger Freedom Bowl, then this argument is for you. Otherwise the good teams are going to win and the shitty teams are going to lose either way. One or two mediocre teams get to flip a coin for playing in a shitty bowl or staying home, otherwise nothing changes.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You missed the lesson on this Oly. OOC games DO NOT MATTER for SEC schools. Whether they are tough ones, easy ones, wins or losses is irrelevent. Their conference schedules are tough enough. That is all that matters.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, all conferences should move to 8 conf. games

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, I'll make it simple for you. If the SEC plays an extra league game there are going to be 7 games and one team will lose and one team will win. 1 team gets an extra win, one team gets an extra loss. I know this will be hard to believe, but the better team is typically going to win those games.

Now if we play a G5 instead we will win 75% of those games historically. SO, .75 x 14 games is 10.5, let's round up for arguments sake and say that is 11 games won and 3 lost.

So, 4 teams will get an extra win. I know this is also hard to believe, but the 3 losses are probably going to be by the shitty teams.

So, like I was saying, You are talking about 3 or 4 additional wins for the conference most likely to beat a G5 team. So no, it is not an extra win for for each team. It is an extra win for 25% of the teams in two P5 conferences...at best.

If we are talking the Pac-12, they went 6-6 playing their extra conference game. If they played 12 G5 teams last year at their .611 win percentage that would be 7.33 wins. So, 7-5 versus 6-6. :cheer2:

So, like I previously said, If you care if Mrs State or Oregon State goes to the Poulan Weedeater Fight the Hunger Freedom Bowl, then this argument is for you. Otherwise the good teams are going to win and the shitty teams are going to lose either way. One or two mediocre teams get to flip a coin for playing in a shitty bowl or staying home, otherwise nothing changes.

So you’re in denial that it’s a benefit that the SEC and ACC play one extra P5? An on a bad year you get 4 extra wins in the conference, on a good year you get 6/7. As I said that’s the difference between a 7 win team becoming an 8 win team and getting ranked. A 5 win team becoming a 6 win team and bowling and a 10 win team becoming an 11 win team and being in the playoff picture.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have less teams, so no. It also would be the worst season in a decade for the SEC vs G5 and an average season for the Pac-12, but whose counting or cherry picking.
Was it?
over the last like 7 Pac 12 only had the most losses to g5 like once.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In half as many games dipshit.
Either way the arguments are full of bias when they say 6 losses was average for the Pac when its actually the highest number in years.