• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

247Sports 15 Toughest Schedules

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for it. That's why we play 8 IC games, but then everone here complains. So, even with 8 IC games instead of 9, SEC still has over 50% of the hardest schedules. Hmmm.

Let’s not act like that extra gimme Win hurts anyone in the SEC.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not my point. Was responding to someone saying that you take the easiest path you can. And, that's smart. The SEC has to deal with playing teams with players that are on average better than other conferences. Recruiting proves that, NFL draft proves that, NC results the past 15 years proves that, the graphic above proves that. So, I don't have any problem with us playing 8 IC games, and having that 11th week bye game - although that's starting to go away for many SEC teams, if that gives us a leg up. You can always change your scheduling if you don't like it.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not my point. Was responding to someone saying that you take the easiest path you can. And, that's smart. The SEC has to deal with playing teams with players that are on average better than other conferences. Recruiting proves that, NFL draft proves that, NC results the past 15 years proves that, the graphic above proves that. So, I don't have any problem with us playing 8 IC games, and having that 11th week bye game - although that's starting to go away for many SEC teams, if that gives us a leg up. You can always change your scheduling if you don't like it.

From day 1 I have said both the ACC and the SEC are Smart keeping conference play at 8 games. That’s the other conferences fault for going 9. I also see absolutely no problem with playing 1 FCS at ANYTIME of the year. The date doesn’t matter. Nor will I argue that the SEC has better rated players (on the backs of a few schools).

My response to you was because it looked like you were ignoring that extra cream puff (which would be a conference game in a 9 game conference schedule) as if that doesn’t help pad wins and make teams that are mediocre get ranked because their OOC was awful and the crossover was good to them.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course it doesn't, but it doesn't improve their schedule strength....but let's also not act like being in the SEC doesn't hurt the chances of every SEC team that has title aspirations.

Non of the 9 teams on the list are on there because of the FCS teams they are playing, their SOS is tougher in spite of that.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When my wife and I went to Half Moon Bay, I insisted that we go to a RedWood Forest and look at Banana Slugs.

As always, she went along for the ride, but could care less.

I want to go back and spend one night at Pigeon Point Lighthouse.
Pigeon Point Lighthouse | Hostel

BTW, Ohio State plays Bowling Green, at Oregon, and Buffalo Bulls, no UCSC Banana SLugs on the schedule.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it doesn't, but it doesn't improve their schedule strength....but let's also not act like being in the SEC doesn't hurt the chances of every SEC team that has title aspirations.

Non of the 9 teams on the list are on there because of the FCS teams they are playing, their SOS is tougher in spite of that.

One could argue their extra win, especially for the middle of the pack teams in fact does. It’s a 2 way road in that regard for sure.

An just So we’re clear, my comment had nothing to do with when or if the SEC plays an FCS foe. It matters not when someone plays them if everyone is doing that. I couldn’t care less if you guys play them in November as opposed to September. But let’s not act like playing the extra G5 (usually waaay worse) then a conference opponent also doesn’t have benefits like propping up records across the board.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From day 1 I have said both the ACC and the SEC are Smart keeping conference play at 8 games. That’s the other conferences fault for going 9. I also see absolutely no problem with playing 1 FCS at ANYTIME of the year. The date doesn’t matter. Nor will I argue that the SEC has better rated players (on the backs of a few schools).

My response to you was because it looked like you were ignoring that extra cream puff (which would be a conference game in a 9 game conference schedule) as if that doesn’t help pad wins and make teams that are mediocre get ranked because their OOC was awful and the crossover was good to them.
Sounds good. But, if you look at the top of the SEC, except for UF, you will see the teams play really good OOC. 4 teams have in-state rivalries every year, and some of the better OOC schedules have been SEC ... look up UGAs for the next 13 years. Hell, we play Clemson 5 times in that span, Texas, FSU, tOSU, Oregon, OU. Auburn, Bama, and others play touch OOC. But, I get the lack of a 9th game ensures 7 less losses in the conference.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds good. But, if you look at the top of the SEC, except for UF, you will see the teams play really good OOC. 4 teams have in-state rivalries every year, and some of the better OOC schedules have been SEC ... look up UGAs for the next 13 years. Hell, we play Clemson 5 times in that span, Texas, FSU, tOSU, Oregon, OU. Auburn, Bama, and others play touch OOC. But, I get the lack of a 9th game ensures 7 less losses in the conference.

No doubt that some sec schools play decent OOC schedules. But for most it’s a P5 (sometimes a weak 1) 1 FCS and 2 mediocre to bad P5. That extra win sure doesn’t hurt records. All I’m saying.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be there. Both teams breaking in new QBs. Glad you are scheduling good OOC teams because winning the ACC isn't a challenge.

Glad we are scheduled for 5 games in the next decade.
Be there as well :suds:

Wasn’t around for the 80s rivalry but can’t wait to start thing back up

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be there as well :suds:

Wasn’t around for the 80s rivalry but can’t wait to start thing back up
I was there for Butler's 60 yard field goal, and many others. It was a bitter rivalry. I was disappointed when we stopped playing most years. Glad to see the 5 games scheduled in the future.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so one of the ideas thrown out for the season is in conference only.
if thats the case how much does the list change?
does every conference go to 8 or 9?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are all you Big Ten nutswingers when you're needed most? The crickets are deafening in here!

Nobody can beat a SEC Nutswinger like you...it's just too bad you are a fan of the worst football team in that conference. Keep on, keeping on :nutswing:

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In before...Auburn is afraid to play a ninth SEC opponent and has a terrible OOC schedule.

Yawn
If the Buckeyes played Cincinnati this year they would definitely be top 5.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt that some sec schools play decent OOC schedules. But for most it’s a P5 (sometimes a weak 1) 1 FCS and 2 mediocre to bad P5. That extra win sure doesn’t hurt records. All I’m saying.

Most teams play an FCS team. The extra game isn't an FCS team it is a G5 team. Some conferences like say the Pac-12 have a shit record against G5 teams (.611), so saying they have an extra win is bullshit. The Pac-12 wouldn't even have a whole extra win for the conference if they switched from playing a 9th conference game and added a G5 opponent. Even the conference with the best record against G5 teams(that would be us) wouldn't pick up 1/3 of a win for each team. The only place it matters is at the bottom of the pack. It might make one or two teams bowl eligible. If you really care who plays in the Bahamas bowl that might be a concern, otherwise it is meaningless.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody can beat a SEC Nutswinger like you...it's just too bad you are a fan of the worst football team in that conference. Keep on, keeping on :nutswing:

Vanderbilt > Rutgers

:rockford:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 2: tOhio State vs. University of California at Santa Cruz Banana Slugs

For the 2022 schedule Ohio State has dropped N.D. as the season opener and replaced them with the Hamrick Truck Driving School.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In before...Auburn is afraid to play a ninth SEC opponent and has a terrible OOC schedule.

Yawn
Auburn is afraid to play a ninth SEC opponent. And to quote one of their best roundball players turned announcer, they also have a "turrribbble" OOC schedule.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the 2022 schedule Ohio State has dropped N.D. as the season opener and replaced them with the Hamrick Truck Driving School.
...much to the dismay of Beaver Creek Barber College who wanted their shot.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most teams play an FCS team. The extra game isn't an FCS team it is a G5 team. Some conferences like say the Pac-12 have a shit record against G5 teams (.611), so saying they have an extra win is bullshit. The Pac-12 wouldn't even have a whole extra win for the conference if they switched from playing a 9th conference game and added a G5 opponent. Even the conference with the best record against G5 teams(that would be us) wouldn't pick up 1/3 of a win for each team. The only place it matters is at the bottom of the pack. It might make one or two teams bowl eligible. If you really care who plays in the Bahamas bowl that might be a concern, otherwise it is meaningless.

I have always stated that extra game is G5, it was a typo when I said 2 P5’s when I already stated a P5. My bad for the typo.

You are absolutely delusional if you think that isn’t an extra win more often then not. An we aren’t talking the PAC12, we are talking the ACC and SEC, are you really trying to argue a conference like the SEC doesn’t win that extra game OOC game vs the G5 more often then not. It matters all through out. Your 7-5 team becomes an 8-4 team and most likely ranked. Your 5-7 team becomes bowl eligible at 6-6 and more fodder for “being the best” argument. The only possible way you can say it doesn’t matter is for they absolute bottom. No one can truly care besides said team if they go 3-9 opposed to 2-10.