• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #23 OREGON DUCKS vs Virginia 10:30 PM EST ESPN

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The vaunted Richmond Spiders of the FCS held Virginia to 38 yards rushing.

The even more vaunted Oregon Quacks held Virginia to just 193 yards rushing. Virginia had nearly 400 yards total offense.

Previous opponents
UC Davis rebounded and beat up Southern Oregon.
Fresno State beat Sacramento.

Oregon's Total Defense ranks 82nd after playing two cupcakes. The Oregon defense allows a lot of first downs.

Nebraska's Total Defense is ranked 33rd.

There will be lots of penalty flags in this game. Oregon is averaging 10 penalties per game and Nebraska is averaging 7.

Bet the over on the score and bet the over on the penalties.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man. Very disappointed in the Ducks so far this season. The offense looked blah in both games and the D has yet to show up.

The scary thing for the Ducks is that the defense may very well have shown up.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of overreacting to this game. UVA scored late on garbage time.

Oregons defenses always give up yards, but they don't give up that many points.

:L Have people not followed Oregon the last 9 years? We score anywhere from 40-60 points while giving up 17-31, therefore giving up points, but not more then our offense. We out score teams.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of overreacting to this game. UVA scored late on garbage time.

Oregons defenses always give up yards, but they don't give up that many points.

:L Have people not followed Oregon the last 9 years? We score anywhere from 40-60 points while giving up 17-31, therefore giving up points, but not more then our offense. We out score teams.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Michigan State 31 Oregon 28
Utah 62 Oregon 20
Wash State 45 Oregon 38
Oregon 61 ASU 55
Oregon 52 Oregon State 42
TCU 47 Oregon 41

In 2016
Oregon has beaten a 1-1 UC Davis team and an 0-2 Virginia team. UC Davis scored 28 and Virginia scored 26.
Virginia scored fewer points against the Richmond Spiders.
Virginia had 292 yards against the Richmond Spiders. Virginia had 388 yards against Oregon.
Virginia's Total Defense is rated 125.

Stat wise, Virginia is a bad, bad team.

Oregon will be stepping up in class with Nebraska compared to an FCS team and a really, really bad Power 5 team.

You have zero basis to think Oregon is going to dominate Nebraska.

Like I said earlier, bet the over in the total points scored and bet the over in total penalties in the game.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the game is going to be close imo Oregon has played some weak teams but so has Nebraska. Fresno and Wyoming were 5-19 combined last season. hardly teams to hang your hat on.
Oregon's offense is still running a top 10 offense in yards and top 15 in scoring.
the defense is looking similar to last year but so far is avg less points and yards than it did last year.
the rush is getting better sitting in the top 10 for sacks and the front 7 was an area of concern. getting sacks is nice but the other side they are giving up runs.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska has faced the 32 total defense and the 115 total defense teams, both FBS.
Oregon has faced an FCS defense and the 125 defense.
Nebraska has faced the 71 and the 85 total offense, both FBS.
Oregon has faced an FCS offense and the 100 offense.

Nebraska rush defense is ranked 21
Oregon rush offense is ranked 15.

Nebraska pass defense is ranked 66.
Oregon pass offense is ranked 21.

Nebraska pass offense is ranked 45.
Oregon pass defense is ranked 90.

Nebraska rush offense is ranked 42.
Oregon rush defense is ranked 67.

Oregon
red zone offense 39
red zone defense 75

Nebraska
red zone offense 79
red zone defense 19

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh Jesus, stop acting like Nebraska has played world beaters. You beat Fresno State and Wyoming......At least Oregon has a P5 team as one of their wins.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh Jesus, stop acting like Nebraska has played world beaters. You beat Fresno State and Wyoming......At least Oregon has a P5 team as one of their wins.
I agree its hard to make comparisons until competition levels rise. If comparing Oregon and Nebraska next week will be as pure of a gauge as you can get.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree its hard to make comparisons until competition levels rise. If comparing Oregon and Nebraska next week will be as pure of a gauge as you can get.
Also compare by just looking at the overall team.

Nebraska beat up Fresno and took them 4 quarters and Wyoming to shoot themselves in the foot to finally finish off Wyoming.

I don't see one player on Nebraska's offense that concerns me, absolutely zero threats.

Oregon on the other hand has a threat in every key position on offense.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nebraska beat up Fresno and took them 4 quarters and Wyoming to shoot themselves in the foot to finally finish off Wyoming.

I don't see one player on Nebraska's offense that concerns me, absolutely zero threats.

It's amazing how much the two of you are able to post with the other's dick in your mouth. I feel like it'd be hard to fit two keyboards in there somewhere.

Nate

Mid-Major Defender
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks.

Amazing is what a Royce Freeman run looks like.

OR Prukup converting on a 3rd and 36.

Or fans extreme jealousy over the Ducks.

Jealous of their 0 natties?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I haven't watched any Nebraska games this year. So I cant make a comparison as far as personel. From the two Oregon games I have watched. I can say Freeman is a constant home run threat. Prukop is showing improvement he did have a learning curve with the offense. And the wide receivers have a lot of skill and speed. Nelson,Carrington and Stanford are all dangerous. Its really nice to see Pharaoh Brown playing again.That was a nasty injury and he worked extremely hard to get back on the field. And Devon Allen was extremely explosive. But he isn't just speed he's also a playmaker. The offensive line seemed to settle when the tempo was up. When the offense was moving at a higher speed it appeared to take pressure off of them. The defense could use a little work. But I have to give Hoke credit. At times he had them pumped up. And they did come through when it mattered. If they can hold their own the Ducks do have a very good team

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing how much the two of you are able to post with the other's dick in your mouth. I feel like it'd be hard to fit two keyboards in there somewhere.
Do you not give credit to BIG teams like Wisconsin,Michigan,Ohio State? I respect the Ducks and give credit where credit is due. Ive done the same with several teams. Including Wisconsin I state what I see on the field.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't watched any Nebraska games this year. So I cant make a comparison as far as personel. From the two Oregon games I have watched. I can say Freeman is a constant home run threat. Prukop is showing improvement he did have a learning curve with the offense. And the wide receivers have a lot of skill and speed. Nelson,Carrington and Stanford are all dangerous. Its really nice to see Pharaoh Brown playing again.That was a nasty injury and he worked extremely hard to get back on the field. And Devon Allen was extremely explosive. But he isn't just speed he's also a playmaker. The offensive line seemed to settle when the tempo was up. When the offense was moving at a higher speed it appeared to take pressure off of them. The defense could use a little work. But I have to give Hoke credit. At times he had them pumped up. And they did come through when it mattered. If they can hold their own the Ducks do have a very good team
Young defense only getting more experienced and better with each practice and game under Hoke.

Offense is finally gelling and there were glimpses of that tempO last night which is great and should make any opponent fearful with respect.

I watched the Nebraska vs Wyoming game yesterday to scout them. Nebraska was in a battle till around late 3rd quarter where they were gifted with Wyoming mistakes and short fields. That 52-17 score does not indicate how close that game really was.

GO DUCKS!

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the difference.

Oregon looked OK beating up their punching bags.

This is Nebraska with their punching bags...

tumblr_m43g877zjp1rsxaz1o2_500.gif