• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #23 OREGON DUCKS vs Virginia 10:30 PM EST ESPN

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
isnt it said home team automatically gets 3 points? so really its kind of a push

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh Jesus, stop acting like Nebraska has played world beaters. You beat Fresno State and Wyoming......At least Oregon has a P5 team as one of their wins.
Listening to local sports show today. Brought up some article that has Nebraska as a possible sleeper CFP team. Cited Nebraska returning their QB, which I LOL'd because I know Armstrong is horrific, but that Nebraska returns all of their WRs, their LBs and front line. Still don't think a 6-7 team turns around and gets to playoffs,

but feel free to win out after we beat you.

I do wonder if Virginia will be the more quality OOC win for us.

You guys been dead since 2001. Colorado read the eulogy at your funeral.

a wins a win.

Riley has not figured out Oregons offense. You will see September 17.

Introduction: ITS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glorious time! Oregon Ducks vs Nebraska Cornhuskers @ Lincoln, Nebraska at 3:30 PM EST on ABC. Oregon comes into the game 2-0 and Nebraska also enters the game at 2-0. The program of your grandfathers time vs the program of now. Oregon vs Nebraska. This is great. Place should be rocking given its the game of the week. Biggest non conference game for both schools this season. For info, no ranked # was given to Oregon in the title thread due to the new rankings not being released, but Oregon will be higher 23, hence the less than (<) symbol. Nebraska also may be ranked, we can only hope to boost the Ducks SOS.

Game Rundown: I know I just super hyped this game in the introduction section of this thread. But that is because I am so excited for the Oregon win against Nebraska I can not contain my excitement. The intensity in that introduction section is due to my excitement of Oregon winning and not the competitive nature of this game. Nebraska is coached by Mike Riley, Oregon owned Riley for 7 straight years. Since the Ducks implemented their offense Riley has been embarrassed, and that was when he was just up I-5 from Eugene and he couldn't figure us out then.

Ducks are either going to score their first TD very fast and then this thing just takes off from the gate, or they may score their first TD about 6 minutes into the game. Regardless, you will all see this thing slip out of the Cornhuskers hands by the second quarter. Royce Freeman rushes all over the Nebraska defense. Prukop makes plays with his legs and arm. By halftime the Nebraska board will be a must visit and Oregon will be fully on the radar for this season as yet again a contender. Trust me folks, this thing looks like a great game on paper for names alone. On the field Oregon will remind Nebraska we aren't in the 90s anymore.

Prediction:

#<23 OREGON 46

Nebraska 24

Oh Jesus, stop acting like Nebraska has played world beaters. You beat Fresno State and Wyoming......At least Oregon has a P5 team as one of their wins.

Where have I said Nebraska is a world beater? I even picked Nebraska to be 7-5 in 2016.

I just provide the statistics, you talk the trash. You even come to the Nebraska board and talk trash. What is funny, you are offended I point out the statistics. You cannot take it.

You have predicted a 22 point win based on some unknown factor(s). Certainly cannot be because beating an FCS team and a horrid Virginia team is world beating. It might not be the 90s anymore, but Chip Kelly and Marcus Mariotta are not there anymore.

You then ponder whether or not Virginia will be a quality win. The obvious answer is NO. Virginia lost convincingly to an FCS team.

But it is good trash talk. I use numbers since I am a quantitative kind of guy, you use bullshit since you are a qualitative kind of duck.

Wash the sand out of your vajayjay and deal with my type of trash talk. I don't whine about yours.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where have I said Nebraska is a world beater? I even picked Nebraska to be 7-5 in 2016.

I just provide the statistics, you talk the trash. You even come to the Nebraska board and talk trash. What is funny, you are offended I point out the statistics. You cannot take it.

You have predicted a 22 point win based on some unknown factor(s). Certainly cannot be because beating an FCS team and a horrid Virginia team is world beating. It might not be the 90s anymore, but Chip Kelly and Marcus Mariotta are not there anymore.

You then ponder whether or not Virginia will be a quality win. The obvious answer is NO. Virginia lost convincingly to an FCS team.

But it is good trash talk. I use numbers since I am a quantitative kind of guy, you use bullshit since you are a qualitative kind of duck.

Wash the sand out of your vajayjay and deal with my type of trash talk. I don't whine about yours.

Chip kelly had very little to do with Marcus Mariota. should say neither Chip Kelly nor Marcus Mariota not and.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip kelly had very little to do with Marcus Mariota. should say neither Chip Kelly nor Marcus Mariota not and.

Chip Kelly
2007-2008 OC Oregon
2009 - 2012 Head Coach Oregon

October 30, 2010 Marcus Mariota commits to Oregon

Hmmmmm, who was the head coach when Mariota committed?
2011 Marcus Mariota redshirts
2012 Marcus Mariota led Oregon to a final ranking of #2. Who was the head coach?
2012 PAC 12 all conference
2012 PAC 12 freshman Offensive Player of the year

Maybe Kelly did not coach him much, but I am willing to wager a large sum that Marcus Mariota's commitment was largely based on what Kelly was doing at Oregon.

What did Mariota say about Chip Kelly?

Mariota said he'll always be grateful to Kelly and gives the coach a lot of credit for his success.

"I think that entire staff at Oregon really helped me become who I am today," Mariota said. "I always give them as much credit as I can because they really helped me get to this point."

"There wasn't enough tape on him," said Darnell Arceneaux, the Saint Louis coach during Mariota's senior season. "The big thing is, when Chip (Kelly) offered him, everyone came back and said, 'What do you got?' Marcus said, 'Coach, you gotta tell them I'm done. I don't want to be recruited, I'm going to Oregon.' There was still a big mystery until they saw him play. After our first couple games that senior year, they came back trying to get him."

Yup, Chip Kelly had very little to do with Marcus Mariota.

I will admit that Helfrich was his main recruiter, but who did Helfrich call and talk about offering the young man? Chip Kelly.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip was head coach but Mariota was recruited by Steve Greatwood and Mark Helfrich who was also his position coach until Scott Frost was his position coach.

offering him and being head coach for 1 red shirt and 1 starting season is pretty much how I would define, as I said, little to do with

SeeYouNT

Вы хотели бы некоторые Путина?
Hoopla Cash
$ 291.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay Stricherz thinks there were a lot of flags thrown Saturday night.

Man, those officials need to let the teams play. They made PAC refs look decent.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you just play the glasses mcfuckface card?

Thanks, I had actually managed to forget about that jackass. :gaah:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay Stricherz thinks there were a lot of flags thrown Saturday night.

Man, those officials need to let the teams play. They made PAC refs look decent.
The officials were bad. A lot of calls that were weak.Not Oklahoma State bad. But there were some pretty bad and borderline calls. It would be nice to see the officials let them play the game. At times it looks more like they are looking to throw a flag. Rather than doing their job and maintaining the rules. Great game tho seeyou congrats on the win :suds:

SeeYouNT

Hoopla Cash
$ 291.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The officials were bad. A lot of calls that were weak.Not Oklahoma State bad. But there were some pretty bad and borderline calls. It would be nice to see the officials let them play the game. At times it looks more like they are looking to throw a flag. Rather than doing their job and maintaining the rules. Great game tho seeyou congrats on the win :suds:

Agree 100% on them looking to throw the flag rather than doing their job. It seemed like they were throwing a flag every other play. Both Oregon and Virginia got called for personal fouls (for pushing players after they had already stepped out of bounds) that didn't look bad enough to warrant a 15-yard penalty.

Thanks man. And congrats to your Trojans. Now, go beat the crap out of Furd. I want to see David Shaw crying after the game. :heh:

SeeYouNT

Hoopla Cash
$ 291.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you just play the glasses mcfuckface card?

Thanks, I had actually managed to forget about that jackass. :gaah:

c675d319726104ad053471f5e0f8cab4_400x400.jpeg

:heh:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree 100% on them looking to throw the flag rather than doing their job. It seemed like they were throwing a flag every other play. Both Oregon and Virginia got called for personal fouls (for pushing players after they had already stepped out of bounds) that didn't look bad enough to warrant a 15-yard penalty.

Thanks man. And congrats to your Trojans. Now, go beat the crap out of Furd. I want to see David Shaw crying after the game. :heh:
I watched the game. A lot of the calls were a little nit picky for my taste. The bulk of the late hits were really close. And when they are too close to call I think you let that go. The penalty on the Oregon player for a mild shove was also kind of weak. I don't want to see city shots like USC has taking the first two weeks. But I don't want to see games disrupted by pretty weak calls. Penalties hold a big impact on the game.Especially when they disrupt tempo and kill drives. The officials are their to maintain the game not have an impact on it. When they are calling penalties where it looks like a cop just looking to give a ticket........