• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #23 OREGON DUCKS vs Virginia 10:30 PM EST ESPN

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man. Very disappointed in the Ducks so far this season. The offense looked blah in both games and the D has yet to show up.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was one play that I remember that really stood out and that was one where Mack looked lost and the Oregon WR blew right by him and got wide open for an easy touchdown. The defense just looks completely lost out there at times and the same thing happened quite a bit last week against Richmond as well.

I'm hoping that Bronco can do what Tony Bennett did over time with the basketball team and that's slowly turn them around and make them a contender.

Also of note, at least we didn't let up 50 to them like the one guy from Oregon was tweeting about.

There were a few plays where we had Oregon's QB sacked and he just ran away from the defender. Also like you are saying about the Dbacks letting their receivers get behind them, that happened a number of times because of the difference in speed.

I did see a few plays where it looked like UVA had a few players take the play off on D and you can't do that against a team of Oregon's caliber.

We did not give up 50 and we covered, both moral victories. Moral victories suck.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was one play that I remember that really stood out and that was one where Mack looked lost and the Oregon WR blew right by him and got wide open for an easy touchdown. The defense just looks completely lost out there at times and the same thing happened quite a bit last week against Richmond as well.

I'm hoping that Bronco can do what Tony Bennett did over time with the basketball team and that's slowly turn them around and make them a contender.

Also of note, at least we didn't let up 50 to them like the one guy from Oregon was tweeting about.

Also GL to your Rams tomorrow. I like some of the young players they drafted this off season if Goff can get it together.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon ucks... something is missing from this team... not sure what it is though

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man. Very disappointed in the Ducks so far this season. The offense looked blah in both games and the D has yet to show up.
What I took away from the game. The Oregon defense needs work but also showed flashes. Freeman had a big game he's on pace for the season. The Olympian was actually impressive. If they work him in and he's consistent. You have a home run threat at wr. And prukop does look like he's picking up the system. Big test next week should be a great game. Good luck next week :suds: I'll be not looking forward to Stanford

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon ucks... something is missing from this team... not sure what it is though
I think it's consistency . Prukop is still adjusting. As of now I think the PAC north is between Oregon and Stanford. Btw congrats Wisconsin was impressive again :suds:

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I took away from the game. The Oregon defense needs work but also showed flashes. Freeman had a big game he's on pace for the season. The Olympian was actually impressive. If they work him in and he's consistent. You have a home run threat at wr. And prukop does look like he's picking up the system. Big test next week should be a great game. Good luck next week :suds: I'll be not looking forward to Stanford
All good points. Yeah, I guess next week will be the test; Nebraska on the road...should be fun!

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also GL to your Rams tomorrow. I like some of the young players they drafted this off season if Goff can get it together.
Yeah, they're the final game of the first week. I think we should win but this team under Fisher has always surprised in the fact that they always beat one or two teams a year they have no business beating and lose to one or two teams that they have no business losing to (aka 7-9 bullshit as Fisher calls it). I'm just hoping that one of those losses isn't Monday. As for Goff, I definitely think he needs to take a back seat this year and learn the playbook. He could learn some lessons from Keenum and study that thing while at home so he has an idea of what plays are being called in.
There were a few plays where we had Oregon's QB sacked and he just ran away from the defender. Also like you are saying about the Dbacks letting their receivers get behind them, that happened a number of times because of the difference in speed.

I did see a few plays where it looked like UVA had a few players take the play off on D and you can't do that against a team of Oregon's caliber.

We did not give up 50 and we covered, both moral victories. Moral victories suck.
Absolutely can't do that against the speed of Oregon or else you'll pay the price, which they did numerous times tonight. Also agree about moral victories. I'd rather be pissed about winning in a non pretty way like Saban was today than to lose and claim moral victories. I'm interested in hearing what Bronco will say about this game.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the circle jerk is on the way.
I noticed not surprised by the ratings shittiest schedule in the PAC imo. Pay Wiz no mind he's been trolling ll day. Not sure why you're getting rainbows for no reason just salty. Not worth the time let him get it out of their system.I am surprised the mullet didn't burst into flames

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Starbucks crowd is definitely in the house.
I noticed not surprised by the ratings shittiest schedule in the PAC imo. Pay Wiz no mind he's been trolling ll day. Not sure why you're getting rainbows for no reason just salty. Not worth the time let him get it out of their system.I am surprised the mullet didn't burst into flames
Lol. I'm used to that bunch. I live up in the middle of the fuskie/seagal crowd.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Starbucks crowd is definitely in the house.

Lol. I'm used to that bunch. I live up in the middle of the fuskie/seagal crowd.
He was trolling the USC thread earlier. Are huskies always salty? I cant see why anyone would chase other teams around. Insecurity? Lack of success?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid win boys.

Liked what I saw. When plays needed to be done they were done.

Prukop is the real deal,

Freeman is a freight train.

The Olympian is awesome at WR and huge huge threat.

P. Brown is a beast!

Ducks speed is there, tempO was starting to make a comeback on drives which I love to see.

Oregon starting to get into rhythm at the best time. Carry this momentum goin forward.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid win boys.

Liked what I saw. When plays needed to be done they were done.

Prukop is the real deal,

Freeman is a freight train.

The Olympian is awesome at WR and huge huge threat.

P. Brown is a beast!

Ducks speed is there, tempO was starting to make a comeback on drives which I love to see.

Oregon starting to get into rhythm at the best time. Carry this momentum goin forward.
I was expecting a big game from freeman. The Olympian really impressed me tho. I expect to see a lot of him on the Oregon offense. He's got skill

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was expecting a big game from freeman. The Olympian really impressed me tho. I expect to see a lot of him on the Oregon offense. He's got skill
Oregon has so many weapons on the outside it is ridiculous. There is a ton of speed on this team.