• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

22-23 Preseason Megna thread

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
until he phones it in all year and racks up 8 goals and a -34 :thumb:
This. I've yet to see a deadline deal that makes me go "holy shit" whereas i've seen dozens in the offseason.

Not sure how we'd do it even at 50% retained.
Gotta dump Nyquist and Roslovic is my guess. If they moved Nyquist and ate half his salary they probably wouldn't have to sweeten anything, he's still decent and on a last year contract. Roslovic I guess you send back to Chi and add to the return.

But 1) Who the fuck is playing C for the Jackets, B) How likely are they to keep Kane and if so what does that contract look like, and 5) How long until Laine is pissed again that he's being moved from the first line?

If the Jackets are willing to make a splash on someone older it should probably be someone who plays centre. JT Miller makes way more sense.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. I've yet to see a deadline deal that makes me go "holy shit" whereas i've seen dozens in the offseason.

Gotta dump Nyquist and Roslovic is my guess. If they moved Nyquist and ate half his salary they probably wouldn't have to sweeten anything, he's still decent and on a last year contract. Roslovic I guess you send back to Chi and add to the return.

But 1) Who the fuck is playing C for the Jackets, B) How likely are they to keep Kane and if so what does that contract look like, and 5) How long until Laine is pissed again that he's being moved from the first line?

If the Jackets are willing to make a splash on someone older it should probably be someone who plays centre. JT Miller makes way more sense.
I expected Nyquist to go instead of Bjorky, but I guess there were no bites.

I don't think the Jackets are interested in Roslovic going anywhere. He's a huge part of the marketing locally and is the Jackets ambassador for pretty much every community initiative. They are heavily invested in him in more than salary. Plus, as you said - who's gonna play C. He's by no means a 1C in any situation, but he can play 2 or 3C and kill penalties. He even had some flashes of quality on the PP

I would love Jimothy Timothy, especially if Vancouver would take Nyquist and Bean to do it. Him playing for a contract between Laine and Gaudreau while teaching Johnson and Sillinger how to be centers could be damn exciting. Wouldn't expect us to be able to keep him afterward.

All told, I am not super enthused about the idea of anyone named Kane playing here.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

According to the National Hot Dog Sausage Council (NHDSC), “Sandwich rolls, or hot dog buns, most often come eight to the pack because the buns are baked in clusters of four in pans designed to hold eight rolls.” Yep, there's a council for hot dogs

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the Ducks want the first overall pick after taking on Kulikov's contract today.

This is their top 4 right now:
1662004401170.png

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
had the impression that he was better than PTO

Guys on radio here yesterday were saying “best the Canucks could do is a one year $1 mil’ish offer and he won’t accept that” lol.

But yeah, I thought he could do better too.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I wrong in thinking that ZAR is worthy of more than a PTO?
Yep. He is great on the PK and very sound defensively. Now don't ask him to score a goal but one of the better defensive forwards.

Hell I wish the Penguins offered him the money they gave Josh Archibald. ZAR makes more sense than him.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for the obligatory Evan Rodrigues meme.

Animated GIF

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I was shocked when I realized he wasn’t signed. He’s a decent 4th liner, give you 10 minutes each night. Good on the PK, won’t score a lot but will throw his weight around.

/I should have read @thedddd post before I responded lol

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the Ducks want the first overall pick after taking on Kulikov's contract today.

This is their top 4 right now:
View attachment 306900

Omg, I didn't realize Shattenkirk was still in the NHL, much less making $4 million/year. He was washed up five years ago.

There is no job in the world where you can be mediocre compared to your peers and get paid out the ass like being a professional athlete.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leaf circles suggesting they have a contract worked out and have for a while and the PTO is just cap shenanigans to get him to camp because other shit's taking a while (ie: signing Sandin and, if I had to guess, trading Kerfoot).