• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

21-22 Season - Jekyll or Hyde ?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of guys need to show up a little more IMO. Been pretty much 2 lines as always.
Well you know me i have no expectations at all for JVR so to me he is doing as i expect of him. I think he is hurting Lindbloms and Laughtons game

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you know me i have no expectations at all for JVR so to me he is doing as i expect of him. I think heis hurting Lindbloms and Laughtons game
Yea he looks totally out of place on that line, need another go get em type player there.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea he looks totally out of place on that line, need another go get em type player there.

3rd line is an awkward group. No doubt about it. When Hayes/Allison come back it would probably look much better to have them with JvR and put Thompson/Macewan/NAK/other waiver guy that i can't think of, with Laughton/Lindblom as your 'secondary shut down / engergy line'.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NAK better pick up his game or he is going to find himself as a healthy scratch.

Agreed. Just hoping he stays out of the box tonight if he plays. McDavid and co. gunna shred the Flyers PK when given the opportunity. So, don't give them the opportunity.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Just hoping he stays out of the box tonight if he plays. McDavid and co. gunna shred the Flyers PK when given the opportunity. So, don't give them the opportunity.
Our PK has been looking very good so far. That being said McDavid had 105 points in 56 games last season. That's unreal.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3rd line is an awkward group. No doubt about it. When Hayes/Allison come back it would probably look much better to have them with JvR and put Thompson/Macewan/NAK/other waiver guy that i can't think of, with Laughton/Lindblom as your 'secondary shut down / engergy line'.
Yea, I didn't think of those guys coming back, that def will jugfle things. Can you imaginea guy making 5+ millionon a 4th line lol. Not that he deserves it but maybe those 2 other additions open up match up nightmaresfor opponents.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I didn't think of those guys coming back, that def will jugfle things. Can you imaginea guy making 5+ millionon a 4th line lol. Not that he deserves it but maybe those 2 other additions open up match up nightmaresfor opponents.

Yep, I think that's Fletcher's goal really. Sure it would look terrible to have Hayes/JvR ($14M) getting 3rd or maybe even 4th line level 5 on 5 minutes, but they should be able to feast on whatever matchup they'd have every night. If they didnt though, that'd be a major issue.

The way I see it, the Flyers would essentially have three 2nd lines and a 3rd line in terms of player ability. And just hope that one of those lines can tread water against a real 1st line, and the rest of the lines should win, or even dominate, their matchups.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I think that's Fletcher's goal really. Sure it would look terrible to have Hayes/JvR ($14M) getting 3rd or maybe even 4th line level 5 on 5 minutes, but they should be able to feast on whatever matchup they'd have every night. If they didnt though, that'd be a major issue.

The way I see it, the Flyers would essentially have three 2nd lines and a 3rd line in terms of player ability. And just hope that one of those lines can tread water against a real 1st line, and the rest of the lines should win, or even dominate, their matchups.
I dont know if you could look this up but im pretty sure JVR played 4th line minutes for us a few seasons back and he did not feast at all. When Hayes comes back AV holds him in very high regard and IMO he would never put Hayes on the 4th line.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know if you could look this up but im pretty sure JVR played 4th line minutes for us a few seasons back and he did not feast at all. When Hayes comes back AV holds him in very high regard and IMO he would never put Hayes on the 4th line.

JvR is what he is. He'll score 20-30 goals and provide very little else. Year after year, it's always the same.

It's a ways off still, but if the 1st and 2nd line continue to roll along pretty well; Hayes will be on the "3rd or 4th line" as they get written down by people. It would be silly to break up the first two lines, I think pretty much everyone can agree on that. Considering all the PP/PK minutes he will play, he'll still get a good number of total minutes. But his line, assuming it's with Allison and JvR, will probably get sheltered minutes at 5 on 5. Especially if he plans to use Laughton/Lindblom/whoever as a secondary shut down line.

Just by the nature of how those 2 lines would be used, I expect the 'Hayes line' would get less minutes than the Laughton line at 5 on 5. For Laughton's line to make sense as a "secondary shut down line", it would need to be out against 1st and 2nd lines on opposing teams. Which means more ice time. And AV likely doesn't trust JvR or Allison to be out against 1st and 2nd lines of the opposition. So, I bet Hayes will get the most total ice time of the 6 players on those two lines, but I would think it'd be because of extensive PP/PK time.

Now, maybe AV doesn't do a JvR/Hayes/Allison line and instead Hayes gets Lindblom and/or Laughton as a W. Then that line would be the "secondary shut down line" and would probably get a bunch of minutes. But that makes for a pretty awkward last line with some combination of JvR/Allison/NAK/Thompson/Brown/MacEwan that you can't really trust to play defense and you can't really expect them to exploit a matchup offensively either.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JvR is what he is. He'll score 20-30 goals and provide very little else. Year after year, it's always the same.

It's a ways off still, but if the 1st and 2nd line continue to roll along pretty well; Hayes will be on the "3rd or 4th line" as they get written down by people. It would be silly to break up the first two lines, I think pretty much everyone can agree on that. Considering all the PP/PK minutes he will play, he'll still get a good number of total minutes. But his line, assuming it's with Allison and JvR, will probably get sheltered minutes at 5 on 5. Especially if he plans to use Laughton/Lindblom/whoever as a secondary shut down line.

Just by the nature of how those 2 lines would be used, I expect the 'Hayes line' would get less minutes than the Laughton line at 5 on 5. For Laughton's line to make sense as a "secondary shut down line", it would need to be out against 1st and 2nd lines on opposing teams. Which means more ice time. And AV likely doesn't trust JvR or Allison to be out against 1st and 2nd lines of the opposition. So, I bet Hayes will get the most total ice time of the 6 players on those two lines, but I would think it'd be because of extensive PP/PK time.

Now, maybe AV doesn't do a JvR/Hayes/Allison line and instead Hayes gets Lindblom and/or Laughton as a W. Then that line would be the "secondary shut down line" and would probably get a bunch of minutes. But that makes for a pretty awkward last line with some combination of JvR/Allison/NAK/Thompson/Brown/MacEwan that you can't really trust to play defense and you can't really expect them to exploit a matchup offensively either.
Sad situation —— can’t come up with a decent spot for jvr. A very expensive liability.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good solid effort all the way around, couple of stupid penalties taken, glad it didnt bite us in the ass. Welcome to Fuckin Philly Cam Atkinson!!!! Is it just me or can anyone else feel a different atmospherewith this new squad?