• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

21-22 Season - Jekyll or Hyde ?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, I correctly predicted our top two lines back on September 22nd, page 69. I might as well point it out because nobody else will...Lol

This second line of Farabee, Brassard and Atkinson really has tremendous chemistry right out of the gate and they provide an offensive punch that perhaps we haven't had in recent years. Atkinson is a shoot-first guy, which we desperately needed, and he scores some goals that not many (if any) of our other players are capable of. Farabee is an absolute star in the making that can do a little bit of everything and Brassard is the veteran that ties it all together in a pretty, little bow.

Hopefully Hayes can return next month and help develop a 3rd line that would essentially be line 2A or 2B, depending on how you look at it. Another line that can shut some people down and also chip in a few extra goals when needed (like the top line, except not as good). I'd expect guys like Laughton, Lindblom and JvR to be the potential wingers for Kevin. They all seem like they're just too good to be buried on a 4th line.

Good win last night obviously. That said, the Oilers are sort of like the Dallas Cowboys of the Nhl. A team that was once a dynasty (decades ago) that now has seemingly everything except playoff success. So, yeah, that team isn't going anywhere at the end of the day anyway...Lol They kept asking after the broadcast if the Oilers are a team that can win playoff games 2-1. Well, the answer is no.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now we move onto the Canucks tonight and we owe them a loss for beating us at our home opener.

This would be a really big win in a back to back scenario.

I cant remember what our record was last season in back to backs but this is a totally new and rejuvenated team so we start fresh tonight.

Lets go!!!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nolan Patrick remains sidelined with the mystery injury, and there's been little word on what ails the 23-year-old forward. His next chance to return is Friday against the Ducks.

I really dont miss him at all.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really good win. Edmonton looks like they are on the PP when at even strength. Holding them to three goals is pretty amazing, especially without Ellis.

They really are. When McDavid and Draisatl are out there together it's essentially unfair. Not only do they skate faster than everyone, but they make plays faster than you can keep up with too. I don't know if it was because I was tired or what, but there were sections of the early portion of the game where I could barely keep up with the puck. I can't remember ever thinking that before. Really incredible to watch.

And the Flyers still won :).

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could’ve used it with the couple of days I just had. Forgot you were Rocky Mountain high . I was in the Denver Tech Center area for some meetings. Thankfully on my way back to South Carolina.
Ha thats funny, I was going to ask you if iz was in the tech center. I lived in that area(Aurora) for almost 30 years, don't miss it a bit.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They really are. When McDavid and Draisatl are out there together it's essentially unfair. Not only do they skate faster than everyone, but they make plays faster than you can keep up with too. I don't know if it was because I was tired or what, but there were sections of the early portion of the game where I could barely keep up with the puck. I can't remember ever thinking that before. Really incredible to watch.

Thats funny because that happened to me too. The puck and players were moving faster than my eyes in the first period.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’m old too and agree with keeping up with edm pick movement.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets get greedy and take this game tonight

Saturday Vs the Flames will be a tough one.

Braun is playing great this year.
TK playing like a bonehead in the 3rd last night

Love the balanced scoring

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way guys. I got to meet Eric Lindros last week and will be seeing him every Saturday until march.

The rink I manage his 3 kids play in the start up league.
He is a great guy. His oldest son can really fly already.

He told me to bring anything in to get signed but I was just happy to meet him.

I see lots of current and former players over the years and I never feel anyway and just leave them alone.

When I saw Eric my knees were shaking like a little boy lol.

Im going to try and get him on the ice one day.

Ill get a pic with him this weekend

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way guys. I got to meet Eric Lindros last week and will be seeing him every Saturday until march.

I see lots of current and former players over the years and I never feel anyway and just leave them alone.

Cool stuff my man, share some photos if you get them.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm jralous. Kindred was my favorite all time Flyer. I wish.He would sign his rookie card I have

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joel Q resigned. I wonder if Florida will stumble now with the distractions and having an interim coach filling in?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The dude was an absolute legend, no doubt. His linemate Johnny LeClair was my all-time favorite player, easily. Obviously I'm biased, but I think they both deserve to get into the Hockey Hall of Fame based on essentially an entire decade of complete dominance as a top line in the league. It does kill me that both of these guys went on to play for bitter rivals at the ends of their careers. It's like having Hexy as the GM of the Penguins, it just doesn't sit well at all.

Probably few remember this, but a young John LeClair actually helped Montreal win a Stanley Cup before he ever even made it to Philly and started scoring 40-50+ goals a season for 5 consecutive seasons.

In the late 90's in the suburbs of Detroit, my dad had a big, orange, 60's Dodge D-200 with the license plate E-Train. The year we moved there, my beloved Flyers were swept by the upstart Red Wings. We were favored in that series and instead got completely shut down...Lol It was terrible.

That fucking Red Wing team starring coach Scotty Bowman and the Russian Five went on to become a dynasty and the rest is history.

Last edited: