• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

21-22 Season - Jekyll or Hyde ?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yandle for 1 year at 900K looks like a pretty good signing so far.

Brassard too. Both have played very well through 3 games.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A huge difference from the Voracek years is the way this team plays straight to the net and gets scoring chances which lead to goals instead of the usual over passing and get the play broken up or shot blocked.

I like the North South style of offense this year its really a refreshing change.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A huge difference from the Voracek years is the way this team plays straight to the net and gets scoring chances which lead to goals instead of the usual over passing and get the play broken up or shot blocked.

I like the North South style of offense this year its really a refreshing change.

Agreed. How many times the past few years have we talked about how hard the Flyers have to work to score a goal. Through 3 games they have a bunch of goals off the rush and a few goals where the shooter just beat the goalie clean. Haven't seen that in a long time.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy actually watching this team play a full 60 minute game. Def like what I'm seeing. Makes you wonder where and how Hayes and Allison will fit in, nice to have this problem!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy actually watching this team play a full 60 minute game. Def like what I'm seeing. Makes you wonder where and how Hayes and Allison will fit in, nice to have this problem!
I agree, great problem to have. I wonder which Hayes we are going to get when he returns the first season Hayes or last seasons Hayes?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, great problem to have. I wonder which Hayes we are going to get when he returns the first season Hayes or last seasons Hayes?

I have pretty low expectations for Hayes. The core surgery he had two of this summer has crushed guys for a year or more. He'll still belong in the lineup, but I'm not expecting '19-20 Hayes. He should still be enough to push Laughton down to the 4th line though and improve the 3rd line with JvR/Lindblom.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have pretty low expectations for Hayes. The core surgery he had two of this summer has crushed guys for a year or more. He'll still belong in the lineup, but I'm not expecting '19-20 Hayes. He should still be enough to push Laughton down to the 4th line though and improve the 3rd line with JvR/Lindblom.
Ill take it. I havent seen that much of McEwen but im positive we are better with Hayes than McEwen in the line up.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be nice to see this team play like this all season, then they could fully heal Hayes and have him fresh for a playoff run. Core surgery is no joke, that on top of his mental state from his brothers passing will probably be pretty fresh in his mind all year. Plenty of time not to have to ruši him back.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK, kid made a hell of a defensive play last night and seemed to have lots of good energy.
He did play well and he's a very tough player too which i like but if he doesn't sit when Hayes comes back who gets to sit in the presser.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of right now, the difference from last season is that our defense is moving the puck much better, we have a scorching hot second line that looks unstoppable and also there's the teamwork dynamic of it all. Guys are supporting one another and backing each other up all over the ice. This is pretty exciting because if Hayes returns and gives us anything at all, he could perhaps help form what would essentially be a third scoring line.

I think Risto had a shaky first game and a lot of the blame could be placed on him for the goals given up in the second period and yet we still won rather comfortably in the end. That's just a great third period on home ice. Our 2nd line grabs the lead back and Couturier makes the play to Konecny to seal it, then perhaps it's appropriate that Coots gets the empty-netter late to make it official (which goes down as not only his first of the season, but also a power play goal).

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of right now, the difference from last season is that our defense is moving the puck much better, we have a scorching hot second line that looks unstoppable and also there's the teamwork dynamic of it all. Guys are supporting one another and backing each other up all over the ice. This is pretty exciting because if Hayes returns and gives us anything at all, he could perhaps help form what would essentially be a third scoring line.

I think Risto had a shaky first game and a lot of the blame could be placed on him for the goals given up in the second period and yet we still won rather comfortably in the end. That's just a great third period on home ice. Our 2nd line grabs the lead back and Couturier makes the play to Konecny to seal it, then perhaps it's appropriate that Coots gets the empty-netter late to make it official (which goes down as not only his first of the season, but also a power play goal).
Time for AV to shake up the lines

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for AV to shake up the lines
Definitely not happening for the top two lines...Lol There's obviously zero reason for it. The offense is there right now, but I think we can work on defense, power play and penalty kill, for sure.

Risto had a chance to clear Marchand from the front of our net with a minute left in the 2nd. Instead, he pretty much just let him tie the game. That can't be allowed, moving forward.

The line change error that allowed fucking Taylor Hall to go in on a breakaway is another thing that must be corrected and will. Again, Risto was right in the middle of that fiasco.

Those are easy fixes, to me. I feel like Jones didn't even have to face many high quality scoring chances in this one, but those were a couple of them.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about TK and Farabee becoming the first two Flyers ever to score a goal in each of the first three games to start a season.

Obviously great that they've scored a goal in 3 straight to start the season, but I don't think they're the first Flyers to do it. Twitter mentioned last night Gagne did it in 4 straight in '08-09 and Giroux did it in '11-12.