• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

21-22 Season - Jekyll or Hyde ?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fletcher when asked about naming a captain:

That’s about No. 20 on our list right now. We’ll get into that,” Fletcher said. “My assumption is we’ll get through this summer, get closer to training camp, sit down and make that assessment. The years I’ve been around it’s typically a management-coaching type of decision, but every time I’ve been involved."

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched some of the Oilers game last night and man they play in lightening speed.

It would be really nice if we could get a couple of speedsters into our line up. As they say in NYC speed kills!

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite all of the current negativity, there really is a lot of potential yet with this roster. It's a little early to be labeling guys like Farabee, Tippett, Allison, Frost, Sanheim, York etc. 3rd line, 3rd pair or not even Nhl players.

I suppose Carter Hart will just be a career below average goalie too or perhaps a non-Nhler?

People like Lasgop admit that we were without our top two centers and top defenseman for most of the season and yet they want to sell the entire team and start over.

Get everyone healthy, make some wise decisions at the draft and in free agency and we can have a good team that is working toward being great.
Well let's look at this on the whole shall we.
We brought in Ristolainen=bust
Brown=bust
Ellis=so far a bust
Thompson= bust
Macewen= except for a couple of good scraps, bust
Lindblom had a horrible first half.
The rest of your top line up is 6 above average players, no game changers.
Farabee was by far our best forward after Giroux so that speaks volumes also. The only trade that panned out was Atkinson.
You think an off season retool is gonna get it done? Yea if they can trade for driasitl and Goudreau and land a top 3 pick in the draft maybe.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched some of the Oilers game last night and man they play in lightening speed.

It would be really nice if we could get a couple of speedsters into our line up. As they say in NYC speed kills!
I thought they say just walking around NYC can get you killed?:noidea:

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Check out the Avs game tonight, poor Nashville was on their heels all game the other night. This difference is freaking crazy, the top teams are all built like this.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown=bust
Ellis=so far a bust
Thompson= bust
Farabee was by far our best forward after Giroux so that speaks volumes also. The only trade that panned out was Atkinson.
You think an off season retool is gonna get it done? Yea if they can trade for driasitl and Goudreau and land a top 3 pick in the draft maybe.
What are you talking about Brown and Thompson are borderline all stars. :lol:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fletcher when asked about naming a captain:

That’s about No. 20 on our list right now. We’ll get into that,” Fletcher said. “My assumption is we’ll get through this summer, get closer to training camp, sit down and make that assessment. The years I’ve been around it’s typically a management-coaching type of decision, but every time I’ve been involved."

My vote would be Laughton. I don't like the 'best player gets the C' habit that teams fall in to. I think it's pretty clear Laughton has a significant influence on the team. Plus he plays more of a grind it out style that I think gets people in the boat with him. More than Coots would at least. There's no flash to Coots' game to get anyone fired up.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My vote would be Laughton. I don't like the 'best player gets the C' habit that teams fall in to. I think it's pretty clear Laughton has a significant influence on the team. Plus he plays more of a grind it out style that I think gets people in the boat with him. More than Coots would at least. There's no flash to Coots' game to get anyone fired up.
Im not opposed to Laughton but I think Coots should get it. Cant go wrong with either one.

I do like the fact that Fletcher realizes that picking a captain is not a priority and has more important to do.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conceptually the idea of building an “ideal candidate” is something I’ve done in my world and is a good exercise.

However, there is a step before that - being what is your strategy for the team. Hopefully that step is complete, but I don’t see anything that would indicate they’ve done that. Do we want to look like Boston/Washington or Avs/Oilers. I see those two groups being the outside brackets of big/strong —— speed skill. Both can win. Sadly we don’t have either - we’re in middle earth purgatory.

So step 1 - what kind of team do I want to build. Honestly assess current state - fully develop desired future state - steps required to get there.
Step 2 - ideal coach candidate to get me to future state.

Flyers operating model for the longest time has been to win as many games as you can. It’s not a strategy, it’s shooting blindly into the sky hoping you hit something.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conceptually the idea of building an “ideal candidate” is something I’ve done in my world and is a good exercise.

However, there is a step before that - being what is your strategy for the team. Hopefully that step is complete, but I don’t see anything that would indicate they’ve done that. Do we want to look like Boston/Washington or Avs/Oilers. I see those two groups being the outside brackets of big/strong —— speed skill. Both can win. Sadly we don’t have either - we’re in middle earth purgatory.

So step 1 - what kind of team do I want to build. Honestly assess current state - fully develop desired future state - steps required to get there.
Step 2 - ideal coach candidate to get me to future state.

Flyers operating model for the longest time has been to win as many games as you can. It’s not a strategy, it’s shooting blindly into the sky hoping you hit something.
Excellent post

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown=bust
Ellis=so far a bust
Thompson= bust
Even if you are 100% correct across the board, none of this means anything. You're talking about how the remnants of our injury-ridden squad that went 17-42-9 after an 8-4-2 start (when mostly healthy) appeared on the ice. Of course everyone looks like a fucking bust...Lol

Couturier actually is a game changing player, but he was hurt or injured for most of the season. I would argue that Ellis is too, but he just didn't get to play. In fact, most of our top players were hurt or injured for the vast majority of the season.

It's a fucking lost season. We really can't take anything from it except our high pick and move on.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We hired Sami Kapanen and Kyle Shero (Fred Sheros grandson) as scouts

At what point do we actually go outside the organization and make some hires.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday i asked for more team speed then i watched Colorado last night and we need a lot more skill as well

So on my wish list going forward are players with a lot more skill a lot more speed and a lot more size.

Am i asking for too much?

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday i asked for more team speed then i watched Colorado last night and we need a lot more skill as well

So on my wish list going forward are players with a lot more skill a lot more speed and a lot more size.

Am i asking for too much?
Faster than JVR - easy
More size than Bobby Brink - easy
More skill than Nate Thompson - easy

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Faster than JVR - easy
More size than Bobby Brink - easy