• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

21-22 Season - Jekyll or Hyde ?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just received a young player and two draft picks for Giroux (could've gotten more if Gee wasn't a douche) a draft pick for Braun and another draft pick for Brassard. We haven't spent a ton of money on free agents and haven't traded any picks away so i dont understand how we are retooling and not building through the draft.

You read all the same articles and press conference summaries that I do. Fletcher has made it pretty clear he has no intention of taking 4-5 years to get back in to contention. That's what it takes to build through the draft.

“I don’t really see this as a three, four, five-year rebuild at all, and I don’t think Chuck does either,” Flyers Governor, and CEO of Comcast Spectacor, Dave Scott said.

Maybe they've just been feeding the press a bunch of BS and building the draft actually is their plan. But then they're just flat out lying in these press conferences.

I think they'll use this year's pick as it's likely at least top 7. But I'd be shocked if they go in to next season without having moved at least 1 of their future 1st rounders for help now. Based purely off what Fletcher/Scott have been saying in press conferences. Same goes for signing a big contract free agent this summer.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I h
You read all the same articles and press conference summaries that I do. Fletcher has made it pretty clear he has no intention of taking 4-5 years to get back in to contention. That's what it takes to build through the draft.

“I don’t really see this as a three, four, five-year rebuild at all, and I don’t think Chuck does either,” Flyers Governor, and CEO of Comcast Spectacor, Dave Scott said.

Maybe they've just been feeding the press a bunch of BS and building the draft actually is their plan. But then they're just flat out lying in these press conferences.

I think they'll use this year's pick as it's likely at least top 7. But I'd be shocked if they go in to next season without having moved at least 1 of their future 1st rounders for help now. Based purely off what Fletcher/Scott have been saying in press conferences. Same goes for signing a big contract free agent this summer.
I hope they are lying to the press. :hope:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anybody know why we use numbers 47, 48 and 49 for young players that come up to the bigs?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes, players get to choose their own number and other times, they're just assigned a number by the team.
This is true but i am trying to find out why 47,48 and 49 are being assigned to the new players. Is there something about those 3 numbers?

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true but i am trying to find out why 47,48 and 49 are being assigned to the new players. Is there something about those 3 numbers?
Our Coaches are so clueless that they asked for all the youngsters to have a “4” so they could tell them from the veterans.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either Brink or Frost has to change their number. Both are short and thin and the 46 looks like the 48. Both have 5 letters in their last name. I was squinting all night trying to tell who was who.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night was just a pathetic performance from the 10 minute mark of the first period. :doh:

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night was just a pathetic performance from the 10 minute mark of the first period. :doh:
Well we are now 4th overall. Can't see catching the Kraken or Habs for 3rd/2nd as they would have to be better than hockey 500 and Flyers extend the tank streak for the rest of the season.

That being said, if this abysmal play continues, it's not on purpose.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we are now 4th overall. Can't see catching the Kraken or Habs for 3rd/2nd as they would have to be better than hockey 500 and Flyers extend the tank streak for the rest of the season.

That being said, if this abysmal play continues, it's not on purpose.
Man we have 2 against Buffalo one each with the Canadiens Blackhawks Ottawa. I just hope they aren't trying to out tank us.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw a stat that really drives it home. Atkinson, the Flyers points leader, is 101st in the league. (Giroux wouldn't count for much better at #86).

An even split would have a little over 3 guys per team in the top 100 and the Flyers don't have a single one. From my quick check of the bottom of the standings, only SEA joins them with that distinction.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw a stat that really drives it home. Atkinson, the Flyers points leader, is 101st in the league. (Giroux wouldn't count for much better at #86).

An even split would have a little over 3 guys per team in the top 100 and the Flyers don't have a single one. From my quick check of the bottom of the standings, only SEA joins them with that distinction.
We have had 1 player counting this season and the past two that has cracked the top 30 in points and that is TK so the lack of offense has been around for a while.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have had 1 player counting this season and the past two that has cracked the top 30 in points and that is TK so the lack of offense has been around for a while.
We all have been asking for a shooter / sniper for a decade.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The crazy part is teams that are competitive have talent up and down their rosters. I know some of it's luck but how bad at management do you have to be to see your nowhere on the path to contention, are we maybe getting some nice pieces? Maybe, but it'd be nice to have at least some for sures in there to.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you mean? Didn't we fill that hole when we signed big puss JVR to fill that role. :pound::pound::pound:
Oh jeez - I forgot.

Preaching to choir / but giving the opposition more to think about (like a snipe from whomever) loosens up other opportunities. Flyers we protecting from top of circle to blue line against Washington the other night. Just so happened to open up effing Sheary alone, totally alone, to make seventeen moves before dumping the puck in the net.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The crazy part is teams that are competitive have talent up and down their rosters. I know some of it's luck but how bad at management do you have to be to see your nowhere on the path to contention, are we maybe getting some nice pieces? Maybe, but it'd be nice to have at least some for sures in there to.
Please thank Ron Hextall for this mess.