• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Pre-season Sox activities

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 347583
i doubt the sox get much (relatively) for cease. maybe if they'd moved him last off season ... but he's a gamble now to any team that might want him.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i doubt the sox get much (relatively) for cease. maybe if they'd moved him last off season ... but he's a gamble now to any team that might want him.
Every pitcher is a gamble -especially those who want long term $25millon a year or better contracts. Cease has two years of contract control that don't total $25 for both together - next year being a $8 million dollar year. There are teams out there - like the Braves, the O's, the Dodgers and the Rangers - where acquiring Cease makes sense economically and athletically.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every pitcher is a gamble -especially those who want long term $25millon a year or better contracts. Cease has two years of contract control that don't total $25 for both together - next year being a $8 million dollar year. There are teams out there - like the Braves, the O's, the Dodgers and the Rangers - where acquiring Cease makes sense economically and athletically.
based on potential yes, they'd want him because of what he did 2 years ago, i'm talking about what they'll get for him now. i think his trade value really suffered.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
based on potential yes, they'd want him because of what he did 2 years ago, i'm talking about what they'll get for him now. i think his trade value really suffered.
Yeah - Cease is not as valuable as he was two years ago. But the Sox weren't going to sign him to an extension in two years - so get something for him now. He's a gamble that comes cheap - he walks too many guys and has proven to be a 5-inning guy. But he logs 200 Kos and Makes it to the mound for most of his starts.

I expect Cease would bring one current starter - one guy ready to start and a highly regarded A ball prospect,

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah - Cease is not as valuable as he was two years ago. But the Sox weren't going to sign him to an extension in two years - so get something for him now. He's a gamble that comes cheap - he walks too many guys and has proven to be a 5-inning guy. But he logs 200 Kos and Makes it to the mound for most of his starts.

I expect Cease would bring one current starter - one guy ready to start and a highly regarded A ball prospect,
think i'd keep him and see if he increases his value. then you'd get top talent no doubt from the big spenders. as it is we're not going anywhere anyway and all he'd bring is some no. 3 starter. if he doesn't .... no big difference imo.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A prototypical example of the kind of journey the White Sox go on over the years to find undiscovered gems. I hope it works out - I love stories like this. If you hit with a guy like this - you can trade him at the season deadline for more prospects.

I guess it is because of my general optimism - that I laugh at White Sox news like I'm watching a remake of "Major Leagues."

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A prototypical example of the kind of journey the White Sox go on over the years to find undiscovered gems. I hope it works out - I love stories like this. If you hit with a guy like this - you can trade him at the season deadline for more prospects.

I guess it is because of my general optimism - that I laugh at White Sox news like I'm watching a remake of "Major Leagues."
but it only makes me shake my head. ....sigh

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news (kinda)/bad news on the '24 draft:

The kinda good news is our bad luck Sox only moved down one spot, so I'll actually take that as good news. But the bad is divisional rival Guardians landed the first pick, jumping all the way up from the 9th slot. Fuckers!!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The kinda good news is our bad luck Sox only moved down one spot, so I'll actually take that as good news. But the bad is divisional rival Guardians landed the first pick, jumping all the way up from the 9th slot. Fuckers!!
One thing to remember in this draft - the lottery is only for top pick hierarchy of round one - in all other draft rounds the selectors return to their pre-lottery status - the Sox will pick 4th beginning in round 2 (and the Cleveland's would pick 9).

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They want a huge haul for Dylan Cease boys...In 3-4 years, dynasty and "The Sox did the right thing" talk is back on the menu.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing to remember in this draft - the lottery is only for top pick hierarchy of round one - in all other draft rounds the selectors return to their pre-lottery status - the Sox will pick 4th beginning in round 2 (and the Cleveland's would pick 9).
Yes, I knew that. I was actually more bummed that Cleveland grabbed the 1st pick than us moving down just one spot.

Bearsfan81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's kinda more bad news than good - due to getting a top 6 pick this year they can pick no higher than 10th for 2025. They would have still been eligible for the 2025 top pick if they were picking 7th. Will sting pretty bad if they lose 100+ games again.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's kinda more bad news than good - due to getting a top 6 pick this year they can pick no higher than 10th for 2025. They would have still been eligible for the 2025 top pick if they were picking 7th. Will sting pretty bad if they lose 100+ games again.
The way to win at this game - is to win enough games this next season that the Sox finish outside the top ten picks by winning record.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These god damn new rules are killing us. I understand it's meant for teams to avoid tanking for the obvious reasons, but MLB has no idea how bad the Sox know how to fuck up without trying to tank.