• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Patriots Roster

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't the steelers want him?
About three weeks ago. Tompkins said yesterday that the group of WR that the Steelers have are one of best he's ever had. Odd isn't it? How quickly things change when your body goes into failure mode??

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NE Patriots Transactions and Roster Moves 08/2024

August
08/09Released WR JuJu Smith-Schuster.
08/05Signed LS Tucker Addington and placed OL Jake Andrews on injured reserve.
08/02Signed T Kellen Diesch and S A.J. Thomas; released RB Deshaun Fenwick and T Tyrone Wheatley Jr.
08/01Signed DT Mike Purcell.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Reiss: Judon

"I think what should happen, is that they should sweeten his contract this year. I personally think that that's warranted, but not extended. I don't know how many teams would extend a soon-to-be 32-year-old, coming off an injury that limited him to four games last year... So, raise his base salary a couple million, maybe three, four million, and give him even more chance to earn with incentives to get him up into the mid-teens would be my educated guess where it goes."

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Reiss: Judon

"I think what should happen, is that they should sweeten his contract this year. I personally think that that's warranted, but not extended. I don't know how many teams would extend a soon-to-be 32-year-old, coming off an injury that limited him to four games last year... So, raise his base salary a couple million, maybe three, four million, and give him even more chance to earn with incentives to get him up into the mid-teens would be my educated guess where it goes."
I would have no problem extending him with an incentive based contract.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have no problem extending him with an incentive based contract.
That's the rub. Wolfe does not want to give a 32 year old player, who was seriously injured last year, a three year extension with a big guarantee. My guess is that his agent wants three years (including 2024) at somewhere around $17M-$18M per and wants at least $30M guaranteed. That horse don't fly.

I think they're willing to bump him for this year, but not guarantee anything other than the $6.5M base contract. If there are incentives, most likely it will be for games played and not for performance. They've got to be more than willing to let him walk next year regardless of how well he plays this year. Mayo and Wolfe are trying to keep a core of the younger guys and add more quality youth.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the rub. Wolfe does not want to give a 32 year old player, who was seriously injured last year, a three year extension with a big guarantee. My guess is that his agent wants three years (including 2024) at somewhere around $17M-$18M per and wants at least $30M guaranteed. That horse don't fly.

I think they're willing to bump him for this year, but not guarantee anything other than the $6.5M base contract. If there are incentives, most likely it will be for games played and not for performance. They've got to be more than willing to let him walk next year regardless of how well he plays this year. Mayo and Wolfe are trying to keep a core of the younger guys and add more quality youth.

And that is why I said incentive based.

The incentives could even be turned to guarantees early.
As in you guaranteed money next two years goes up if you are available for every game this year. Your guaranteed money in the third year goes up even more if your available for "X" number of games this year and next.

No team wants to pay a player to be rehabbing, but the veteran presence cannot be discounted either.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but the veteran presence cannot be discounted either.
Nor can veteran disturbance be discounted.

He may find out in the Eagles game, that he may not be as badly needed as he suspects and according to Patriots Wire, there have been multiple teams looking to trade for him.

To go along with that, Wolfe has supposedly turned down those multiple team offers. "You want Judon? For a 2025 fifth rounder? How about NO? I'll give you Judon for a LT or a top WR and that fifth rounder. Otherwise......fornicate thyself."