• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Patriots Draft Thread

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that one of the QB's was 29. Thought it was him? Is there another who's 29 or just bad reporting?
I dont know, I was shocked when you said it so I googled it. But I dont think there is

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word out yesterday is that Johnathan Kraft is very heavily involved in everything that's going on with the draft. He's also been taking phone calls in regards to trades. Quote: "Johnathan does not want second hand information regarding anything to do with the #3 pick."

Could it be???? The Commanders are very frustrated with Jayden Daniels agents. Yesterday, a source very close to the decision maker said that they have been in touch with Drake May and his agent. Supposedly, Daniels wants to play for the LV Raiders and the Raiders have been wooing him. Problem for the Raiders is that they are sitting at #13. There is very little being spoken about the Raiders trying to get to #3, but it is believed that they are willing to give up #13,#44 in 2024, 2025 1st and 2nd and 2026 1st.

The Commanders rumors have caused a lot of deals to collapse according to ESPN and NFL,com.

What if the Commanders take Maye? Do the Patriots take Daniels and basically say, "You're here for the next four years and better make the bst out of it. Or do they trade him to the raiders and squeeze them for more than the rumors??

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word out yesterday is that Johnathan Kraft is very heavily involved in everything that's going on with the draft. He's also been taking phone calls in regards to trades. Quote: "Johnathan does not want second hand information regarding anything to do with the #3 pick."

Could it be???? The Commanders are very frustrated with Jayden Daniels agents. Yesterday, a source very close to the decision maker said that they have been in touch with Drake May and his agent. Supposedly, Daniels wants to play for the LV Raiders and the Raiders have been wooing him. Problem for the Raiders is that they are sitting at #13. There is very little being spoken about the Raiders trying to get to #3, but it is believed that they are willing to give up #13,#44 in 2024, 2025 1st and 2nd and 2026 1st.

The Commanders rumors have caused a lot of deals to collapse according to ESPN and NFL,com.

What if the Commanders take Maye? Do the Patriots take Daniels and basically say, "You're here for the next four years and better make the bst out of it. Or do they trade him to the raiders and squeeze them for more than the rumors??
So I have issues with JK being heavily involved with anything other than signing checks. The last thing we need is to Jerry Jones this team.

As far as the QBs at this time we hold some of the cards in that card carousel let Wolfe do his job, consult with Mayo and let the two do what think is best for the team. Kraft needs to STFU and stay out it

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word out yesterday is that Johnathan Kraft is very heavily involved in everything that's going on with the draft.
The New England Browns...

The Boston Browns?

A pile of beans for a mascot? Or a splooge of molasses?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kraft needs to STFU and stay out it
I think the difference between them and us is several billion dollars and owning the team. Sort a like owning your house. Do you let the guy who cuts the grass or delivers the mail tell you how to decorate or where your grill should be used?? If I owned something with the value of the Patriots, I think I'd want to have some control.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the difference between them and us is several billion dollars and owning the team. Sort a like owning your house. Do you let the guy who cuts the grass or delivers the mail tell you how to decorate or where your grill should be used?? If I owned something with the value of the Patriots, I think I'd want to have some control.
Those scenarios are not remotely close.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the same token I wouldn't tell my lawn mower to use a Toro instead of a Hustler, or want any control over the fuel to oil ratio in the Stihl Weed Wacker.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the guy who delivered my mail had just redone his own house and had proof, I'd ask him before he offered. Kraft ain't done much coaching or GM'ing, and watching BB with binoculars doesn't count as experience.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm paying someone t make decisions, I'm not telling him what those decisions are.
But I want to know those decisions before they're made. AND, if I don't agree with that person's decision, I'd want him to explain his reasons.

When I managed people in the field, I always tried to hire people with some skill that was better than my own. Questioning them was never out of the realm of my being their supervisor. Suggesting something was my privilege.

Owning an operation has its privileges and controlling your employees is one of them. Remember this........Wolf is auditioning for the GM position. He's never done anything close to it. Kraft has every right to be informed and suggest.

Whether you or I don't like it, is irrelevant. A couple of guys on BST were saying the same thing and one fired off, "What does Kraft know about football?" One of the other guys asked him, "What do you know about football AND owning a football team?" The argument got heated because one the commentators pretty much admitted that he'd never played in the NFL, coached in the NFL or owned any part of anything in the NFL. Neither had the other two. His final remark....."It's easy to make a decision when you have nothing at risk."