• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Patriots Draft Thread

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not just say they don't want to trade their pick or spell out what they would like?
Sounds to me like they're not getting the calls they want? Trying desperately to get a bidding war going.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds to me like they're not getting the calls they want? Trying desperately to get a bidding war going.
I suspect the few calls they did get were offers of what the value of the #5 pick would be.,

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Giants or Vikings want either Maye or McCarthy, then first place that they have to look is #3. If it's too rich for their taste, then #5 is next and the Chargers knowing that they couldn't cut a deal with NE will raise their price. That's a major problem for the Giants. If the Patriots take Maye and the Vikings swoop in and get #5 and take McCarthy, then the Giants have to decide if they want Penix or Nix at #6 or hope and pray that they'll be available at #47.

If you're the Giants and you have Daniel Jones and nothing else, what would you do? NY is a brutal media and fan base. Me thinks that the Giants will offer #6, #47, 70 and the 2025 1st and 2nd to NE for #3 and #107 (3rd round). NE will take it and take McCarthy at #6 if he's there.

Personally, I don't like McCarthy at all. he has a fully stretched hand that's just barely makes 9". Cold, wet, icy balls will be a problem for him even if they're deflated to 11.5 lbs.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Giants or Vikings want either Maye or McCarthy, then first place that they have to look is #3. If it's too rich for their taste, then #5 is next and the Chargers knowing that they couldn't cut a deal with NE will raise their price. That's a major problem for the Giants. If the Patriots take Maye and the Vikings swoop in and get #5 and take McCarthy, then the Giants have to decide if they want Penix or Nix at #6 or hope and pray that they'll be available at #47.

If you're the Giants and you have Daniel Jones and nothing else, what would you do? NY is a brutal media and fan base. Me thinks that the Giants will offer #6, #47, 70 and the 2025 1st and 2nd to NE for #3 and #107 (3rd round). NE will take it and take McCarthy at #6 if he's there.

Personally, I don't like McCarthy at all. he has a fully stretched hand that's just barely makes 9". Cold, wet, icy balls will be a problem for him even if they're deflated to 11.5 lbs.
I am now at the point where I hope we trade out of #3. I have been back and forth on this, I concluded that this team cannot be turned around in one year so adding draft picks makes the most sense.

I am okay with then trading with the Giants at and the Raiders 13. There is enough depth at WR, OT and some at QB where we can have a solid draft and pick up extra picks this year and next.

I say trade down......

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am now at the point where I hope we trade out of #3. I have been back and forth on this, I concluded that this team cannot be turned around in one year so adding draft picks makes the most sense.

I am okay with then trading with the Giants at and the Raiders 13. There is enough depth at WR, OT and some at QB where we can have a solid draft and pick up extra picks this year and next.

I say trade down......

I’m literally back and forth on this every day. I’ve read in multiple articles that Williams… Daniels and Maye are in the mix for best QB’s to come out in many years. Do you really pass on that? The most important position in football. Next years QB’s look weak. But that could change.

But we are depleted at almost every offensive position and getting multiple picks to help fix that is tempting too.

Friday can’t get here soon enough.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Chargers are recently quotes as saying the have the #1 pick in the draft. " Seeing as the four team ahead of us will be taking QBs, we feel as if we have the #1 pick in the draft" and if teams want to trade up they need to make offers indicative of what the number 1 selection would get.
I suggest they walk into a nearby in and out burger and tell them they want a steak!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m literally back and forth on this every day. I’ve read in multiple articles that Williams… Daniels and Maye are in the mix for best QB’s to come out in many years. Do you really pass on that? The most important position in football. Next years QB’s look weak. But that could change.

But we are depleted at almost every offensive position and getting multiple picks to help fix that is tempting too.

Friday can’t get here soon enough.
I read am article this morning stating Penix has the best arm in this class. If you can trade down take an OT and QB in round one and land Penix if you like him why not?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read am article this morning stating Penix has the best arm in this class. If you can trade down take an OT and QB in round one and land Penix if you like him why not?
Many scouts and media talking heads have said he has the best arm, can make all the throws. I watched him more than the others. I like him. No one knows for sure if any of the kids will pan out.

Trade down and get him, JJ or even Nix if need be.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many scouts and media talking heads have said he has the best arm, can make all the throws. I watched him more than the others. I like him. No one knows for sure if any of the kids will pan out.

Trade down and get him, JJ or even Nix if need be.
Yes, no one knows if anyone will pan out, its always a crap shoot. And because of the depth the the three primary positions of need trading down makes the most sense.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait for this draft. For so many years many of us were standing together on the same carpet just to have BB do the total opposite of what we expected.

Let's see what this FO can do.

Offense, offense offense for the first 3 picks or more. This D is solid as long as Gonzo returns with the same level of play.

I still want them to go get Gilmore.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait for this draft. For so many years many of us were standing together on the same carpet just to have BB do the total opposite of what we expected.

Let's see what this FO can do.

Offense, offense offense for the first 3 picks or more. This D is solid as long as Gonzo returns with the same level of play.

I still want them to go get Gilmore.
FO?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Giants have about 40 slots they can trade down to before 47. The don't need to either draft at 7 or draft at 47, there's plenty of options between.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Chargers are recently quotes as saying the have the #1 pick in the draft. " Seeing as the four team ahead of us will be taking QBs, we feel as if we have the #1 pick in the draft" and if teams want to trade up they need to make offers indicative of what the number 1 selection would get.
My new take is: If you want MHJ you need to treat him like a first overall pick. However, they don't actually have his rights. First they assume the cards are trading out so the Yikes or donks can take a QB. Second it assumes the others won't trade down.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's 29. With a 1st year acclimation, he'll be ready for a backup role in 2025?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My new take is: If you want MHJ you need to treat him like a first overall pick. However, they don't actually have his rights. First they assume the cards are trading out so the Yikes or donks can take a QB. Second it assumes the others won't trade down.
"Bill Belichick in his debut on the “Pat McAfee Show” confirmed what many knowledgeable fans believed. The former Patriots head coach revealed the information that gets out to the public tends to come from agents and that the real stuff from teams doesn’t come out until a day before or the day of the draft."

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is not 29. He is 24.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's another crack in the ice.............................We all have assumed that the Giants and Vikes are to biggest suitors. Well, it seems that the Bears have decided that they want Marvin Harrison Jr and the only way to get him is to get the #3. They believe that having him and Williams will basically recreate Montana and Rice.

Here's the problem. Bears only have four draft picks in 2024. #1, #9, #75 (3), #122 (4).

They are willing to give the #9, #75, LT Braxton Jones and CB Tyrique Stevenson and 2025 1st and 3rd.

Now, Arizona is starting to check in also. They want MHJ and the rumor is that they will give the Patriots #4, #27, #66, #77, #90 (all 3rd)

How much is BS? Probably 80%. If the Cards think that will lose MHJ and would have to take Nabor or Odunz, would that be such a bad thing? The Bears would miss out on all three.

My gut says that the Bears may be in on it, I don't think that the Cards would give up that much to keep the Bears from getting MHJ. Then again, Wolf has said that Okafor will be the starting LT, so he may not think that the Patriots have to worry too much about getting one.

There are more stories and rumors than we can even keep up with.

Supposedly the Vikings have accidentally let their cat out of the bag and said that Maye is their guy and their trying to get the Commanders to give them #2 if the Patriots won't give up #3. You can't make this shit up.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's another crack in the ice.............................We all have assumed that the Giants and Vikes are to biggest suitors. Well, it seems that the Bears have decided that they want Marvin Harrison Jr and the only way to get him is to get the #3. They believe that having him and Williams will basically recreate Montana and Rice.

Here's the problem. Bears only have four draft picks in 2024. #1, #9, #75 (3), #122 (4).

They are willing to give the #9, #75, LT Braxton Jones and CB Tyrique Stevenson and 2025 1st and 3rd.

Now, Arizona is starting to check in also. They want MHJ and the rumor is that they will give the Patriots #4, #27, #66, #77, #90 (all 3rd)

How much is BS? Probably 80%. If the Cards think that will lose MHJ and would have to take Nabor or Odunz, would that be such a bad thing? The Bears would miss out on all three.

My gut says that the Bears may be in on it, I don't think that the Cards would give up that much to keep the Bears from getting MHJ. Then again, Wolf has said that Okafor will be the starting LT, so he may not think that the Patriots have to worry too much about getting one.

There are more stories and rumors than we can even keep up with.

Supposedly the Vikings have accidentally let their cat out of the bag and said that Maye is their guy and their trying to get the Commanders to give them #2 if the Patriots won't give up #3. You can't make this shit up.
Well you can and some do. The media is horny for anything NFL right now other than the hockey playoffs it's shitty time of the year for sports.